Why do group of Ex muslims exist?

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I don't see groups that call themselves Ex Atheists , Ex Christians, Ex jews cause people generally define themselves with what they are now and not what they used to be so it does baffle me why there are groups of Ex muslims talking online about Islam every chance they get

Mercury

VIP
op why r u lying? there are plenty of ex "insert religion here" communities on the internet.
im just wondering if you're not practicing a religion why would you refer yourself to something you used to be its like someone writing "Ex husband" after a divorce on their bio dude your single
:drakewtf:

I don't see groups that call themselves Ex Atheists , Ex Christians, Ex jews cause people generally define themselves with what they are now and not what they used to be so it does baffle me why there are groups of Ex muslims talking online about Islam every chance they get
They’re trying to get brownie points from all the non-Muslims who hate Islam. Have you also noticed how they constantly, relentlessly talking trash about Islam? It’s like if you don’t want to be Muslim that’s fine but why are you so obsessed and relentless about attacking it. You know they say the opposite of love is not hate is indifference, clearly dadkan don’t feel indifferent.

Recon Expert

cranking 90s 🥶
Christians and Jews don't kill and harass people for leaving their religion :manny:
Not all Christians are seculars. Christians in developing countries are conservative and harass people who leave Christianity or go against their beliefs, you can find numerous cases of Christians committing honor killings on google.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
They’re trying to get brownie points from all the non-Muslims who hate Islam. Have you also noticed how they constantly, relentlessly talking trash about Islam? It’s like if you don’t want to be Muslim that’s fine but why are you so obsessed and relentless about attacking it. You know they say the opposite of love is not hate is indifference, clearly dadkan don’t feel indifferent.

All religions gets slandered and attacked, it is only insecure Muslims who get in their feelings and attack others to the point of killing and beheading them live on television. :camby:

Let me guess you're going to delete this comment, you are one weird user.

:drakewtf:
I thought I was the only one that noticed she deletes whatever she writes, apparently I’m not alone 😂

@incogkneegrow apparently you have some explaining to do...

giphy.gif

Christians and Jews don't kill and harass people for leaving their religion :manny:

Most ex-Muslim organizations and figures that you see online are based in the west. They're not killing people for apostating in the west.

They're people who drank the kool-aid and bought into the western lifestyle. They're angry Islam/their family is denying them of enjoying their lives and they have a grudge against Muslims and Islam because ot it.

Most ex-Muslim organizations and figures that you see online are based in the west. They're not killing people for apostating in the west.

They're people who drank the kool-aid and bought into the western lifestyle. They're angry Islam/their family is denying them of enjoying their lives and they have a grudge against Muslims and Islam because ot it.

Even if there is no death involved, people can be disowned and entire relationships ruined in the process because there is no choice in Islam.

Coming out as ex muslim is like coming out as gay but even worse.

Mercury

VIP
Perfectly said!

Even if there is no death involved, people can be disowned and entire relationships ruined in the process because there is no choice in Islam.

Coming out as ex muslim is like coming out as gay but even worse.

Yea, that's true.

Are you arguing that they should give them a high-five for forsaking how their parents raised them and accepting the western, white man's way of life?

I too would be upset if they left the truth and full-sale bought into their own destruction and ruining their aakirah.

It's the same as getting upset at your kids for following any other bad habit. The problem lies in you thinking it's okay to leave Islam and akin to changing your lifestyle to become vegan or quitting school because it's not for you, etc. It's not something that's light.

Also, Secular Christians and Jews outnumber those that still actually practice their religion devoutly. When your entire family already doesn't attend church regularly, commit pre-marital sex, eat pork, consume interest, divorce, consume ography and dress immodestly casually, get drunk, etc, etc. Then it's not a crazy thing to take one more step and stop identifying as Christian or Jew, it's basically verbalizing your actions because you already don't practice..

You can't compare Muslims with Christians and Jews because for the most part we don't practice the same. They've made their religion symbolic and not something they live by.

But, this does remind me of a hadith:

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, you will follow the path of those before you, step by step and inch by inch; if they entered the hole of a lizard, you would follow.” We said, “O Messenger of Allah, do you mean the Jews and Christians?” The Prophet said, “Who else?”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3269, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2669

Yea, that's true.

Are you arguing that they should give them a high-five for forsaking how their parents raised them and accepting the western, white man's way of life?

I too would be upset if they left the truth and full-sale bought into their own destruction and ruining their aakirah.

It's the same as getting upset at your kids for following any other bad habit. The problem lies in you thinking it's okay to leave Islam and akin to changing your lifestyle to become vegan or quitting school because it's not for you, etc. It's not something that's light.

Also, Secular Christians and Jews outnumber those that still actually practice their religion devoutly. When your entire family already doesn't attend church regularly, commit pre-marital sex, eat pork, consume interest, divorce, consume ography and dress immodestly casually, get drunk, etc, etc. Then it's not a crazy thing to take one more step and stop identifying as Christian or Jew, it's basically verbalizing your actions because you already don't practice..

You can't compare Muslims with Christians and Jews because for the most part we don't practice the same. They've made their religion symbolic and not something they live by.

But, this does remind me of a hadith:

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, you will follow the path of those before you, step by step and inch by inch; if they entered the hole of a lizard, you would follow.” We said, “O Messenger of Allah, do you mean the Jews and Christians?” The Prophet said, “Who else?”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3269, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2669

Hmm, I agree with most of your comment but I don't think they should cut off their child or anything like that.

They should try and convince them otherwise by talking to them etc, it's still your child at the end of the day.

Also your comment about christians and jews only really applies to the west.

Hmm, I agree with most of your comment but I don't think they should cut off their child or anything like that.

They should try and convince them otherwise by talking to them etc, it's still your child at the end of the day.

Also your comment about christians and jews only really applies to the west.

I agree, you shouldn't completly cut off your child, and still hold out hope for them to return and treat them well and advice them for their own best interest.

Keeping good relations with your kin is very important in Islam:

Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The bond of family is suspended from the Throne and it says: Whoever upholds me, Allah will uphold him. Whoever severs me, Allah will sever him.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5643, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2555

And the Prophet (peace be upon him) didn't sever ties with his family even though they weren't Muslim:

‘Amr ibn al-‘As reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, the relatives of my father are not my allies. Verily, only Allah and the righteous believers are my allies. Yet, they have the bonds of kinship and I will uphold their family ties.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5644, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 215

To your point about the Christians and Jews in the west that don't really adhere to their religion, I do think that's true. However, the are Christians and Jews that don't get upset about their children abandoning their religion, as you said, are the ones that aren't that devout themselves like in western, developed nations. In very religious Christian regions ike in places like Africa, parts of the Middle-East, parts of Latin America, for example, your family will cut off ties with you if you reject Christ and abandon their faith. So, I don't think it's fair to say "Muslims get angry when their children leave Islam, but Christians and Jews don't"

Christians and Jews do, for the most part, but the ones that you are attributing leniency to, I would argue, are mostly the Western Christians and Jews that already symbolically practice that don't get upset.

Trending

Latest posts