Why do all Niger-Congo Africans have the same accent in English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
They all sound the same when they speak English as a second language.. from Senegal to Nigeria to the Congo to Kenya to South Africa?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is it just me, or do you guys think likewise?

I can tell Europeans and Asians much more easily by accent.

Apollo

VIP
Noticed that too,bantu language is the same their accents are the same

Yesterday I had to help this African fellow, and I could not tell at all where he was from. Generic Niger-Congo accent in English.

Only South African Bantus have a somewhat recognizable accent in English... the rest I have a hard time guessing.

Same ghetto area.
Like AA

Jamaican English sounds almost like an African who just learned English.

African American sounds a bit more unique, not too African.

Last edited:
Only South African Bantus have a somewhat recognizable accent in English
Thats because unlike most bantus they get their accent from afrikannas

Could you say the same for horners having similar accent they seem to have a problem with the letter p,"my beoble"?

Apollo

VIP
Thats because unlike most bantus they get their accent from afrikannas
Yeah, South African English accent was developed by the Brits, Indians, and Dutch there. It's the only Niger-Congo region that you can tell by accent.

Rest, impossible. Maybe Nigerian if you are very familiar...
Could you say the same for horners having similar accent they seem to have a problem with the letter p,"my beoble"?
Now that you say, yeah, Horners have similar accents in English as a second language.

West africans have more eh sounds while Kenyans/ east African bantu have more aa sounds when pronouncing words.

Eg. Working would sound like wehkin for west african and waakin for east/central african.

Everything else though sounds very similar. Although certain nigerian accents are distinct enough to tell.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
West africans have more eh sounds while Kenyans/ east African bantu have more aa sounds when pronouncing words.

Eg. Working would sound like wehkin for west african and waakin for east/central african.

Everything else though sounds very similar. Although certain nigerian accents are distinct enough to tell.

Your knowledge of the syntax of West and East Africans puzzles me. Its not good for Basra to be puzzled GeKo

Your knowledge of the syntax of West and East Africans puzzles me. Its not good for Basra to be puzzled GeKo
I lived in Kenya for some time and watched enough west African film to tell the difference.

Also interacting with east,central and west african fobs here in Canada. The west African sounds better to me, its more clear. Before I'd think the east/central saying waakin(working) is saying walking and I'd be confused.

Apollo

VIP
I lived in Kenya for some and watched enough west African film to tell the difference.

Also interacting with east,central and west african fobs here in Canada. The west African sounds better to me, its more clear. Before I'd think the east/central saying waakin(working) is saying walking and I'd be confused.

The Great Lakes/East African Bantus I can tell more by their face (they have Nilotic/Cushitic admix - forehead, slightly thinner nose, different bone structure). But I have a hard time telling by voice from West-Central Africans.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I lived in Kenya for some time and watched enough west African film to tell the difference.

I think east Africans have clear enunciated accent than west Africans. I cant stand west Africans accent. Maybe i am harsh.

So when u r not reporting or following Canadians Somali gang activity u r busy tolerating the mouth breath of africans speaking English>?

The Great Lakes/East African Bantus I can tell more by their face (they have Nilotic/Cushitic admix - forehead, slightly thinner nose, different bone structure). But I have a hard time telling by voice from West-Central Africans.
The central African sounds more closer to east african bantu. They speak lingala, swahili and other bantu languages so it makes sense that it would be more closer to sounding like east than west.

I think east Africans have clear enunciated accent than west Africans. I cant stand west Africans accent. Maybe i am harsh.

So when u r not reporting or following Canadians Somali gang activity u r busy tolerating the mouth breath of africans speaking English>?
Actually you're right its more enunciated and clear but maybe I just got tired of it.

Lool I dont follow the Somali gang activities and African fobs can be fun to talk to.

Lool good impression.
This is very west African sounding. Kenyans dont pronounce the Ds like that. I take it back east african sounds better.

The way you said harsh sounded british and it got more nasally near the end.
You porridge, that is how we speak in South London.

Status
Not open for further replies.