Why do a lot of Asians/Middle easterners in America take on American names?

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
Sxb did you forget?

Series 12 Humans GIF by Doctor Who

:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::russ:

Grimmer

Reer guri
Easier to pronounce
Lol your name is an important part of your culture. Your willing to change it because Evan the caadan kid can’t pronounce it. I don’t know about other countries but in America every single ethnicity is an immigrant besides the natives. If caadan and madow aren’t going to change there names to please us why should we?

Grimmer

Reer guri
Ayrabs, Asians and Bantus look up to the whites. Your typical white-wannabes
I really wonder what is so special about them cadcadka? They're really the dumbest race on earth proportionally!
They've been low lives all their existence until they revolted against the church, it's been just under 400-300 years that they've been admin and now they going down with their homosexuality.. they most defo look up to them for their looks.

I feel like most Somalis are beauty blind when it comes to other ethnicities and races, I look at the comments under any video and see people saying he/she white person is beautiful/attractive and I look back and say damn thats true how the fuckk could I not see!!

But how is that different from all Somalis having Ayrabic names? My all three names are Ayrabic but I've already changed them and I just have to make them official gov names!!
As much as you guys want to deny it islam has a heavy influence on our culture. I didn’t make this thread so you can go on a rant about Arabs and Islam. Do that somewhere else.

Somalis nowadays have Arabic names, but it’s due to Islam not self hate. It’s nothing to do with Arabs, just following the sunnah.

OGx3

Maa ana waalan mise cadan baa laga heesayaa?
Most cadaan names from bible, people who copy them following anglicized Judea Christian tradition and practices . What these folks doing same as what we did assimilating

Grimmer

Reer guri
Most cadaan names from bible, people who copy them following anglicized Judea Christian tradition and practices . What these folks doing same as what we did assimilating
I went to school with a lot Vietnamese and Chinese kids majority of them are atheist. Taking these caadan names definitely has nothing to do with Christianity. Same with these Arabs who are majority Muslim.

It's integration, i see nothing wrong with it. It's not like their identity is still typical nigerian/vietnamese, they are part of the america mosaic.

Grimmer

Reer guri
It's integration, i see nothing wrong with it. It's not like their identity is still typical nigerian/vietnamese, they are part of the america mosaic.
America is a melting pot everybody should hold their culture close to them because that’s what makes America America. Fully integrating will make this country extremely boring. A lot of these name you want people to throw away have meaning.

America is a melting pot everybody should hold their culture close to them because that’s what makes America America. Fully integrating will make this country extremely boring. A lot of these name you want people to throw away have meaning.
Whether its boring or not isnt important, everyone knows there's difficulties in having a foreign name in terms of job applications or discriminations happening in other ways. Also this whole multiculturism in the west is a farce and your painting an very rosy picture, what ends up happening in reality is segregation or parallel societies where people just end up living in a very "strange" environment to their host country. Anyway for most people they end up further and further adopting cultural mores as you go down each generation, even for somalis. You have somalis not knowing their language, if they do... barely. And wearing western clothes, consuming western media, adopting trends, etc, and have never visited their so called native country, to the point where they are barely share anything with their ethnic compatriots back home and are distinguishable from local people, so what exactly are you holding onto, why make it unnecessarily more difficult for yourself?

Grimmer

Reer guri
Whether its boring or not isnt important, everyone knows there's difficulties in having a foreign name in terms of job applications or discriminations happening in other ways. Also this whole multiculturism in the west is a farce and your painting an very rosy picture, what ends up happening in reality is segregation or parallel societies where people just end up living in a very "strange" environment to their host country. Anyway for most people they end up further and further adopting cultural mores as you go down each generation, even for somalis. You have somalis not knowing their language, if they do... barely. And wearing western clothes, consuming western media, adopting trends, etc, and have never visited their so called native country, to the point where they are barely share anything with their ethnic compatriots back home and are distinguishable from local people, so what exactly are you holding onto, why make it unnecessarily more difficult for yourself?
You have a really good point but no matter what you do these caadans will still look at you the same. You can change your name and the way you dress/look but regardless you are who you are. This is just my personal opinion but you look more confident and prideful when you don’t try to fit in.

Grimmer

Reer guri
Bro I put 2 and 2 together. An Arab boy named Max? Yeah that boy is a Christian he's probably one them Levantine Christian Arabs as well.
Regardless every one knows how Lebanese and Syrians move. They can be Christian or Muslim they still try to be caadan. In a lot of these Muslim student association’s at uni you will find so many Arabs with caadan names. I said middle easterners instead of just Arabs because Kurds and Afghans do this as well.

Trending