Why do …

Why do half Berbers (Moroccan Algerian tusina and Libya) and half west/Central African tend to look more Horn of Africa or Lightskin/brownskin west African ?

I will give you an example

IMG_4117.jpeg
The husband is west African (Senegal I believe) and the mother is Algerian but the children tend to come out brownskin west Africans

Another one
IMG_4118.jpeg

His father is Moroccan and his mother is Equatorial Guinean(central African) but he looks like someone from the Horn of Africa.

I’ve heard the average Berber is around 30% SSA could that be why ?

SaMale

The only Somali in Arabia
Why do half Berbers (Moroccan Algerian tusina and Libya) and half west/Central African tend to look more Horn of Africa or Lightskin/brownskin west African ?

I will give you an example

View attachment 310037The husband is west African (Senegal I believe) and the mother is Algerian but the children tend to come out brownskin west Africans

Another one
View attachment 310038
His father is Moroccan and his mother is Equatorial Guinean(central African) but he looks like someone from the Horn of Africa.

I’ve heard the average Berber is around 30% SSA could that be why ?
I don't see it

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
They do not look HOA at all. I suggest you get you eyes examined. They would not blend in there.

Are you Somali? You ask such strange questions. 🤔

Looks more Sudanese. I still think you are reaching. He does not look Habeshi. What is your MO?
You’re Tripping cuz north Sudanese look very different. I would say habesha in Eritrea as well tend to look Somali but lighter skin tone with kinky hair. I was speaking about the Ethiopians and what you mean “your MO” ?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You’re Tripping cuz north Sudanese look very different. I would say habesha in Eritrea as well tend to look Somali but lighter skin tone with kinky hair. I was speaking about the Ethiopians and what you mean “your MO
Modus operandi.

Modus operandi.
My cousin area ? It’s full of habesha (Eritrea and Ethiopia), Sudanese and Libyans. I was capable telling the difference whos who between Eritrea and Ethiopia but one time I accidentally mistaken Ethiopian habesha as west African ( probably cuz of the braids )

The maghrebi woman in the picture, her mother actually is a black Moroccan. Berbers are not homogeneous like Somalis are, for example if you come from the south you much more SSA than if you come from the North.

The Average Berber is 20-25 SSA, but in the North with berbers like kabyles in riffans it's at least 15 SSA, a reminder that half of that SSA is actually very old and is inherited from Iberomarusian, their more recent "SSA" in the North is like 5-10.

Someone who is half berber half west/central african would be at least "40 Eurasian" on average, which are similar levels to Somalis although their components are very different. Genetics is random in reality, genotype=/phenotype i've seen people with high ssa but not actually show it at all. On a pca chart they would cluster with somalis/horners. I mean biracial africans in general will cluster with horners on a pca chart even if their eurasian/ssa components are very different

I mean i've seen many biracial black/white look no different such as Obama for example, it's not a uniquely a maghrebi thing from what i've gathered.
Random question
the southern Spanish tend to local Berbers during al andalus right ? Does that mean they’ve at least 3%SSA ? The same for Sicily Italian cuz apparently they’ve at least 5% Berber

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The maghrebi woman in the picture, her mother actually is a black Moroccan. Berbers are not homogeneous like Somalis are, for example if you come from the south you much more SSA than if you come from the North.

The Average Berber is 20-25 SSA, but in the North with berbers like kabyles in riffans it's at least 15 SSA, a reminder that half of that SSA is actually very old and is inherited from Iberomarusian, their more recent "SSA" in the North is like 5-10.

Someone who is half berber half west/central african would be at least "40 Eurasian" on average, which are similar levels to Somalis although their components are very different. Genetics is random in reality, genotype=/phenotype i've seen people with high ssa but not actually show it at all.

I mean i've seen many biracial black/white look no different such as Obama for example, it's not a uniquely a maghrebi thing from what i've gathered.
Please stop the cap. West African mixes with elevated West Asian i.e 40% drift further away than HOAs. Making them appear more SSA shifted in a PCA plot. I recommend you stop trying to create affinities where there are none. I noticed you often do this. Caadi iska dhiig.
My cousin area ? It’s full of habesha (Eritrea and Ethiopia), Sudanese and Libyans. I was capable telling the difference whos who between Eritrea and Ethiopia but one time I accidentally mistaken Ethiopian habesha as west African ( probably cuz of the braids )
I don't care about your anecdotal cases of outliers. If he looks off looking than that is outside the norm. Stop reaching.

Random question
the southern Spanish tend to local Berbers during al andalus right ? Does that mean they’ve at least 3%SSA ? The same for Sicily Italian cuz apparently they’ve at least 5% Berber
Not necessarily, berbers were a small minority in reality. Well depends on the berber, if you are talking about northerners it would be less than 3.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I didn't say they look like horners they don't, i mean Nilo Saharans and West Africans are closely related to each other and split about 20k years for example. That was my basis for this, the "SSA" of horners is closely related to that of dinka of course they are diverged and Nilo Saharans have that extra WA input i'm aware of that.
Nilo and West Africans are not closely related.
:drakelaugh:Also, the Ancient East African branch in HOAs lacks that admixture of West-Central African. It is even more distant than the contemporary Nilos with their nominal West-Central African introgression. You're making me laugh.

Nilo and West Africans are not closely related.
:drakelaugh:Also, the Ancient East African branch in HOAs lacks that admixture of West-Central African. It is even more distant than the contemporary Nilos with their nominal West-Central African introgression. You're making me laugh.
Really? I may have read misinformation sorry sxb, i'm only a newbie to this.

Last edited:
There is a myth that all Somali have the typical Somali look which is narrow jaw big forehead small frame but that’s not true. I have seen a lot and I mean like 45 percent of Somalis don’t have the typical Somali look, so I hate when people say he don’t look Somali cuz he don’t have the stereotypical Somali phenotype. I myself don’t have the stereotypical Somali look but I’m Somali. Btw all of them could pass as Somalis I have seen Somalis that look like them.

Trending