Why didn't the Islamic conquest reach East Africa

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
the masjid that was built during the time of the prophet disproves your claims sahib either way the idea that we were not muslims untill the 12th century is a joke we were muslims before that walal if not please provide proof for your claims
Notice how I said that Dir was religously divided? Yeah, I was implying to the masjid in Saylac when i typed that. As for Isaaq and Darood, those clans were litteraly founded due to those men teaching the local population about Islam. I don't have to explain further, ask any other Somali from Isaaq or Darood and they'll tell you that's the case.

There was no civilization in Ethiopia and Somalia other than the semitic orthodox christian habeshas (and their small cousins the muslim adalite Hararis) and the city state on the banadir/swahili coast which they already owned since antiquity.

You can't conquer uncivilized nomadic pastorialists.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
There was no civilization in Ethiopia and Somalia other than the semitic orthodox christian habeshas (and their small cousins the muslim adalite Hararis) and the city state on the banadir/swahili coast which they already owned since antiquity.

You can't conquer uncivilized nomadic pastorialists.
Somalis made up a good portion of the Adal Sultanate. Habar Magaadle and Marehan made up one of the largest army divisons of Adal during the Futah Al Habesh.

Somalis made up a good portion of the Adal Sultanate. Habar Magaadle and Marehan made up one of the largest army divisons of Adal during the Futah Al Habesh.

Sure they made part of the fighting force but the head of the sultanate and the heads of the civilization were semitic habeshas (Hararis) and Arabians. Somalis were just muscle.

Trending