Why didn't the Islamic conquest reach East Africa

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Dude what did you expect. You said: What if there was a Somali source that stated we landed on Australia.
I answered: If there was a 1000 years old Somali document stating that I would believe it.

Then you go on about a rampage that the source is not thousand years old, sxb it was in times of AbdelMalik ibn Marwan. (685-705)

That's 1300 years back and you expect everything to be in a great state. It was only during his reign, so for a decade.

There is evidence from the document, also Caliph Mansur mentioning he has loyalty from Mogadishu and the Swahili cities, which is another source of a different Caliph.

Yaaaa? You are the cuqdadle who hates Arabs.

Swahili coast. This was 7th century. Who is to say all Somalis were Muslim back then? Good that you mention Kharaj, which implies they were conquered just like stated.

View attachment 100752

Why so much inferiority complex. this is sweet. the Caliphate reached Somalia. Alhamdullilah yaa akhi.
Right, I have inferiority complex I have now realised I am a Half phoenician and Half mexican with 10% Bantu in me. Please give me my tobacco to chew with you yaa akhiiii

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Right, I have inferiority complex I have now realised I am a Half phoenician and Half mexican with 10% Bantu in me. Please give me my tobacco to chew with you yaa akhiiii
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH warya comedian caadi iska dhig. p.s. I don't chew i snuss.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Islam reached Somalia the same way it reached Indonesia, Bangladesh and many other Muslim countries - through trade and missionaries. The Somalis on the coasts and major towns like Harrar would have accepted deen first and slowly spread it to their kinsmen in the countryside. The biggest proof of this process is taking a look at the baadiyo, even till now many are ignorant of religion and know the very basics only. The Sufis in the 19th century arrived to renew the deen in Somalia which had been on a decline since the Axmed Gurey wars..

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Yeah, early muslim Caliphates controlled Mogadishu and surrounding areas in Benadir. That's how Hawiye converted to Islam and established the Mogadishu Sultanate in 900 ad. Notice how Hawiye does not credit a arab forefather for their conversion? It's because of this. Northern clans such as Isaaq and Darood would not become Muslim until the 12th century. Dir was religiously divided with both pagans and muslims in their ranks.

Last edited:

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
What I also find odd was how the Ottomans couldn't capture Persia. Only thing that made it special was them capturing Balkans, boohoo, those futo Cadaans anyone could take them on.
The Ottomans conquered Greece the birth place of western civilization and the lands of Achilles.
The Ottoman Empire was indeed A GREAT EMPIRE. I would not minimize their struggles.

The greeks til this day celebrate their independence from the Ottoman Empire.

:salute::salute::salute::salute:

CaliTedesse

VIP
Yeah, early muslim Caliphates controlled Mogadishu and surrounding areas in Benadir. That's how Hawiye converted to Islam and established the Mogadishu Sultanate in 900 ad. Notice how Hawiye does not credit a arab forefather for their conversion? It's because of this. Northern clans such as Isaaq and Darood would not become Muslim until the 12th century. Dir was religiously divided with both pagans and muslims in their ranks.
Bro wallahi this man's book blew my mind sxb. Who would've thought the caliph did reach Mogadishu. Did you know a other Arab geographer mentions outside of Mogadishu the inhabitants pracitising a pagan ritual where they cut of the man's genitalia to impress the opposite gender , bridal ritual yacni.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Bro wallahi this man's book blew my mind sxb. Who would've thought the caliph did reach Mogadishu. Did you know a other Arab geographer mentions outside of Mogadishu the inhabitants pracitising a pagan ritual where they cut of the man's genitalia to impress the opposite gender , bridal ritual yacni.
Do you have an actual copy of the Kitab al zunuj(what this is based off) apparently according to those documents Somalis werent even the inhabitants in the south yet and it was some Bantu tribe in kenya today.
Is this where grant got his theories that Somalis are foreign to the south?

I want to know more like whos the author, time it was written, and what it says, but I cant find it online.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Do you have an actual copy of the Kitab al zunuj(what this is based off) apparently according to those documents Somalis werent even the inhabitants in the south yet and it was some Bantu tribe in kenya today.
Is this where grant got his theories that Somalis are foreign to the south?

I want to know more like whos the author, time it was written, and what it says, but I cant find it online.
Bantu tribe?????? I have tried searching for it is hard to find.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The Mijikenda people strictly believe that they originate in south somalia and migrated centuries ago. Look up Shungwaya, apparently the book of zanj somewhat corroborates this claim. I don’t believe Somalis were at any point considered “zanj” keep in mind swahilis lived near Gaalo Madoows for ages and never classified them as such.

People act like the swahilis couldn’t tell people apart when they actually were extremely proficient at it. Keep in mind these people were slave traders by proffesion they probably knew the people groups better than anyone else in the entire region pre-cadaan.(they would even have to tell apart bantus from Kilwa and other muslim coastal areas and those “zanj”(pagans))

CaliTedesse

VIP
The Mijikenda people strictly believe that they originate in south somalia and migrated centuries ago. Look up Shungwaya, apparently the book of zanj somewhat corroborates this claim. I don’t believe Somalis were at any point considered “zanj” keep in mind swahilis lived near Gaalo Madoows for ages and never classified them as such.

People act like the swahilis couldn’t tell people apart when they actually were extremely proficient at it. Keep in mind these people were slave traders by proffesion they probably knew the people groups better than anyone else in the entire region pre-cadaan.(they would even have to tell apart bantus from Kilwa and other muslim coastal areas and those “zanj”(pagans))
Does it really say that in Arabic? No we are not Zanj sxb of course.

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
“...Then I struck the third blow and the cities of Ethiopia were shown to me, and the villages around them, and I saw them with my own eyes.' But the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said at that point: 'Leave the Ethiopians alone so long as they leave you alone, and leave the Turks alone so long as they leave you alone.'" [1] An-An'am 6:115.

This is fake and there is no such ayah in Al-An'aam

The person who made this up could not distinguish between an ayah and a hadith

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
BRUH AREWELLO WAS REAL AFTER ALL MY DICK HOLY SHIT :damn::dead1:

huh
i remember learning during one of my islamic studies classes that some of the new muslims fled to abyssynia for the first hijrah because of the mistreatment of the quraysh
they depended on the king of abyssynia for his aid and protection
later, the king converted to islam before his death
since parts of abyssnia were part of what is now east africa, islam could have easily reached there

The logical answer is, it wasn't valuable land worth conquering. Unlike Egypt, Persia, Anatolia, Mesopotamia and the northern strip of the magreb.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Loooooooooooool,,,,

Didn't they flee to ajuraan when andalusia fell?

They where refugees at the end, on top of that the habesha conquered Arab lands. And us Somalis are to crazy to go to war with, they knew that since we they aided us against the gale and we liberated them from time to time from the portugese for whom ever messed with our friendly big nose at the other side of the red sea.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
the masjid that was built during the time of the prophet disproves your claims sahib either way the idea that we were not muslims untill the 12th century is a joke we were muslims before that walal if not please provide proof for your claims

Trending