Why didn’t Princess and the Frog use creoles, instead of a makeup race ?

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Creole’s would be been perfect because
1. You can keep the same character designs.
2. Don’t have to waste time making up fantasy customs, language and history
3. Creoles are associated with voodoo.

Also, I love these two fanfic backstories for Mama Odie and the main villain.
1st theory: Mama Odie was a former slave or a maroon. She even says out loud that she's 197-years-old. African-Americans were still slaves nearly 200 years ago. She may have escaped from her masters and somehow became a witch doctor. Perhaps she was bought and separated from her family. All alone, she prays to the sky to help her. And her prayers have been answered by Friends from the Other Side
2nd Theory: The main villain Dr. Facilier grew up with prestige and power before falling to the bottom of the barrel.
Facilier appears very light in skin, and pronounces his name in what I'm guessing is a French pronunciation, which could possibly make him Creole. Creoles of some African descent did have quite a bit more opportunities with wealth and education than non-Creole African Americans. That is, until Jim Crow laws reared their ugly heads. Then anybody of any African descent was treated no differently under those laws (In fact, there's at least one instance where a person who was one-sixteenth African had to sit in the back of the bus.), causing many Creoles to lose their power. The same could have happened to Facilier. Being knocked down caused him to want the power he lost and more as he takes revenge on the city that stole it away from him.
One of the antagonists in my manga is going to be a bitter fallen aristocrat of creole descent with this background.

Trending