Why can’t Puntland have parliamentary democracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parliament isn’t voted by the people

And they don’t answer to the people

They only need to satisfy the odayaal who voted them in

Democracy is for developed nations. We shouldn't waste resources on such trivial matters. Dams roads and ports need to be built. After Puntland is more successful then we can think about democracy or we will become like Somaliland. They had an election but had no money for water in Hargaysa and Berbera and not enough resources for the areas that hit by hurricane.

Democracy is for developed nations. We shouldn't waste resources on such trivial matters. Dams roads and ports need to be built. After Puntland is more successful then we can think about democracy or we will become like Somaliland. They had an election but had no money for water in Hargaysa and Berbera and not enough resources for the areas that hit by hurricane.

Are you guaranteed to elect smart people?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1*1AfkEatY4-2ZyGljmBwBag.jpeg

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Democracy has lost it's global appeal, the Chinese model of governance is desirable and less dependent on the people. Puntland should copy the Chinese system and abandon this expensive system that they want to introduce in the near future.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Can I ask why regions like SL and PL regions without al shabaab or bombs why they haven't developed. Whats stopping them I'm not shading wallahi I'm generally confused

Democracy ensures accountability

The parliament and president of PL are not held accountable

There’s no metric of success or a benchmark

Last edited:
"Trivial matters "

:dwill:

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!
Can I ask why regions like SL and PL regions without al shabaab or bombs why they haven't developed. Whats stopping them I'm not shading wallahi I'm generally confused

Corruption.
In hargeisa they can import, and spend millions on khat, but there isn't no stable water, roads you would think have been bombed, and they have no problem with building a 50 meter tall luxury building.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP

It's what the Europeans want ever since we've held our first elections in 2001 they force us to hold it every time and withhold funds everything an election is delayed.

But a positive the people are air more civil and understand due process

I know democracy is not cheap but a government without legitimacy is a dangerous things. The person who is exercising power should have mandate from the people or will have chaos.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Corruption.
In hargeisa they can import, and spend millions on khat, but there isn't no stable water, roads you would think have been bombed, and they have no problem with building a 50 meter tall luxury building.
Makes sense then. Thanks for answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending