Why are young somali men behind Somali women in life

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
This topic is put on the spotlight many times and what is reiterated constantly is that it isn't a Somali issue but a wider issue impacting all ethnic groups. Understanding this gives better appreciation for the complexities imo and doesn't lead to reductionist statements such as: Somali fathers (who are all apparently khat-addicted bums with no prior education) are lazy and Somali mothers are hardworking which oddly has an inverse effect on the daughter and son.

When we say they are more successful, it is actually only partly true.

Females typically ‘do well’ in school because they are compliance-motivated in K-12 schooling and task-doers, I don't think it is controversial (at least I hope not) to state that girls, far more than boys, are people pleasers. These personality features are naturally dominant in females so they are set up to do well within the school system. Features such as following instructions, getting assignments done on time and not losing track of things and getting a sense of the output the teacher expected from them and getting praised from that.

However, this is the part that is missed out. Whoever goes through school like that and has that personality disposition are not actually setup to do well on their own. So they will continue to succeed throughout university, as university will continue that structure but it still isn’t the ‘real-world’.

However, what you find is typically females are good with the structure of assigned things and giving it in on time. Atypical task-followers. But when you get onto the real-world, they cannot do as well as they were throughout their schooling years. This is why schooling is a facade, a feminine environment that is the epitome of Procrustean philosophy, for boys.

The essence of schooling is task-following. Agreeableness is the main factor behind school success, far more so than conscientiousness. The real world is creativity, problem-solving, disagreeableness, autonomy. This is why, despite women being more successful in schooling, they are still not climbing the rungs of corporate & career ladders (even if you factor in motherhood, as birth rates have drastically decreased). Most cannot get beyond a low-level occupation, cubicle level. This becomes particularly difficult to digest for those who were 'successful in school, but realise the real-world isn't as simple & formulaic as: be agreeable to seniors + be tidy & on time = success. Especially so if they were overly praised in school, they may not deal with criticism well, when someone’s bottom-line is dependent on your work, i.e. your boss/manager, they become more critical than your teachers, who don’t have a bottom-line, so they typically don’t deal with stress as well. Males don’t deal well compared to females in K-12 schooling but they still inevitably surpass females in late 20’s - 30’s. As when they were being criticised and being put through hardship in schooling (as boys tend to be the misbehaving ones, both within and outside the classrooms) they naturally learned how to take criticism, deal with stress that those do-gooders task females never learnt how to.
So to summarise, because of boys tendencies towards being disagreeable, they are actually most prepared for the quinessential 'real-world' than girls in spite of girls success within schooling. This theory will be proven constantly through assessing where most accomplishments and leadership is attributed to. This is by no means an attack on women, its just the nature of things.

earnings based on gender (US bureau of labor statistics).png

Last edited:

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
Source: Trust me Bro.

The repeated assertion that Somali women are the primary earners, breadwinners, and economic leaders within our community is unfounded and appears to be a mere excuse perpetuated by certain groups. This notion, often attributed to Femcels, lacks substance. I am open to engaging in a debate on this topic with anyone interested. It is important to note that possessing a degree in a seemingly impractical field holds little significance, as statistics show that women from various ethnic groups outnumber men in universities. However, this alone does not necessarily translate to higher earnings or better career outcomes.

Because the system is designed for women. We're built to be geeljires fighting over water well. Primitive yes but deeply taps into the masculine energy when you're in a constant live or die state.

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
It's like this across the board, not just with Somalis. Girls of almost all races are far outpacing boys in school. Idk what the solution is, it seems like the Asian community is the only not having to deal with this problem
Its because of the current structure as well as the many more grants and scholarships women get.

For basically all of human history men outpaced women in these regards and were designed to do so.

The men here have a lot of issues like fatherlessness and bad friend groups, and the women have certain leg-ups like the aforementioned grants and scholarships for women.

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
Source: Trust me Bro.

The repeated assertion that Somali women are the primary earners, breadwinners, and economic leaders within our community is unfounded and appears to be a mere excuse perpetuated by certain groups. This notion, often attributed to Femcels, lacks substance. I am open to engaging in a debate on this topic with anyone interested. It is important to note that possessing a degree in a seemingly impractical field holds little significance, as statistics show that women from various ethnic groups outnumber men in universities. However, this alone does not necessarily translate to higher earnings or better career outcomes.
That is true, but its not about that, its about the education aspect mainly being discussed.

I think its about the scholarships and other things women get more of, in combo with the problems men are facing.

Trending

Latest posts