Why are they allowing Turks to take over every industry.

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan βœ‹
I'm all for international investment but i think we should learn from our African counterparts, they've allowed foreigners to come and invest in basic developments, leaving the economy in tatters, the 'take take and give nothing' strategy, taking advantage of our ignorance and lack of creativity.

We can have somali brands selling somali owned products, is there really a need for a turkish furniture company in mogadishu? All it will do is take business away from the somali hooyos who have been in this business.

I also think there is major corruption as turkish owned port will properly give turkish imports into mogadishu some real good incentives.

The biggest hotel in xamar is turkish. WTF!

The people in xamar need to understand you don't need turkish companies which are far more advanced and at an advantage to come and run a monopoly in the place, it's devastating for the economy. It's turkish made, turkish imported, and only Turks will benefit all that money spent on those products will not stay in our economy.

A friend's dad wanted to open up something similar to what the Turks are doing, basically an budget interior design company with catalogues on furniture's etc.. needless to say the canshuur here, canshuur there, laluush here, laluush there was enough to put him off it.

Yet here they are making it too easy for the Turks.

Reer Mogadishu are actually delighted at Turks being present and many of them literally chased Turks to Turkey and are building homes there.

You guys give them too much credit. These people literally learn the Turkish language and are wilful participants in the Turkish colonisation process.

Did you not hear about Mogadishu airport workers standing up for Turkish employees when they enter a room. Or the Turkish content in the "national exams".

Daaroods better sit back and watch the show, 1991 ethnic cleansing should be enough for you to learn where you are not wanted or needed. :sass2:

A friend's dad wanted to open up something similar to what the Turks are doing, basically an budget interior design company with catalogues on furniture's etc.. needless to say the canshuur here, canshuur there, laluush here, laluush there was enough to put him off it.

Yet here they are making it too easy for the Turks.

Exactly allowing Turks to monopolise on these type of businesses will make it very hard for future somali entrepreneurs.

Reer Mogadishu are actually delighted at Turks being present and many of them literally chased Turks to Turkey and are building homes there.

You guys give them too much credit. These people literally learn the Turkish language and are wilful participants in the Turkish colonisation process.

Did you not hear about Mogadishu airport workers standing up for Turkish employees when they enter a room. Or the Turkish content in the "national exams".

Daaroods better sit back and watch the show, 1991 ethnic cleansing should be enough for you to learn where you are not wanted or needed. :sass2:

Walahi I thought somalis were proud and had pride then I realised the turkish ass licking makes us just like any other Africans.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Turks have a free reign in Mogadishu. If it was my region, I would do a 51% local 49% foreign partnership in all businesses or you would need a certain percentage of Somali workers.

There's no doubt in my mind that they will dominate the service industry one. Somalis lack customer service, I'm certain the Turks will tap into that industry and supply it with their Turkish produced tools and equipment.

Reborn
Turks have a free reign in Mogadishu. If it was my region, I would do a 51% local 49% foreign partnership in all businesses or you would need a certain percentage of Somali workers.

There's no doubt in my mind that they will dominate the service industry one. Somalis lack customer service, I'm certain the Turks will tap into that industry and supply it with their Turkish produced tools and equipment.

That partnership requirement that you have listed is enforced in China.The fact African countries haven't demanded those same terms back is shocking.

Alluring

Sayonara
I'm always wary of foreign investment because at the end of the day they are here for personal profits. They could easily reap most of the benefits, taking away from actual Somalis within the next few years. They just aren't as calculated and cut-throat as the Chinese.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
That partnership requirement that you have listed is enforced in China.The fact African countries haven't demanded those same terms back is shocking.
It's in many countries especially the middle east. There can't be a majority foreign ownership and if you intend on investing in a business you have to have a local guarantor.

Since Somalis/Africans don't have a lot of capital and the government is poor, it's unlikely they can act as partners and instead become subordinate when their resources are exploited.

Can you tell me any country in Africa that isn't going through some sort of modern colonisation? At least turkey is helping us and not China . Pride means nothing if you're hungry. Turkish investments can kickstart our economy . Turkey will be willing in the future to revise contracts in our favour , like the port contracts

@scarecrow

Wallaahi i went from being very happy about the new Modern design Furniture Stores
in Somali being shown in Somali Social Media. In my mind i was like ''MashaAllaah
the Diaspora are developing our Country'' to being very sad once, i learned that was all
Turkish owned and imported.

Also, remember guys, all Countries wan't control and dominate, its not only Turkey.

Its Somali leaders and Businessmen who letting this happen that, we need to worry.

Somalia is a free for all. Don't blame the Turks for something that you would've done if you were in their position of power. Somalians only have themselves to blame for the shit show they've created in Somalia.

Zero plan of action on the part of Somalians.