Why are there no members living in Somalia on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Somalia has over 14 million people. How come this forum fails to attract them? Surely many of them speak English.

Only diaspora is on here.

Yeah, but explain this trend. They are too underrepresented.
I think most of us diaspora discovered this place from its top google search ranking on anything Somali related or through diaspora twitter mentioning it.

I've seen some somalis from somalia on twitter, majority of them don't fit in with the diaspora somalis and they don't discuss things among themselves too. They just RT politicians and news outlets.

Also somalis from somalia are more extroverted and social i.e. they'd rather listen and talk then type and read. That's why sites like Paltalk, Whatsapp, Youtube, FB and Snapchat are popular among them over sites like reddit, twitter, quora, and somali forums etc.

Apollo

VIP
I think most of us diaspora discovered this place from its top google search ranking on anything Somali related or through diaspora twitter mentioning it.

I've seen some somalis from somalia on twitter, majority of them don't fit in with the diaspora somalis and they don't discuss things among themselves too. They just RT politicians and news outlets.

Also somalis from somalia are more extroverted and social i.e. they'd rather listen and talk then type and read. That's why sites like Paltalk, Whatsapp, Youtube, FB and Snapchat are popular among them over sites like reddit, twitter, quora, and somali forums etc.

I think the secularism/atheism of many SSpotters scares them away. :siilaanyolaugh:

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
Majority are on Facebook and YouTube from what I have noticed.

Apollo

VIP
Except for Scandinavia. There are lots of Scandis here for some reason.

Scandinavians and the Dutch speak English well, but the rest of Europe doesn't. Also, Gulf Arab Somalis have poor English.

Kenyan Somalis should be good with English, but yet none of them here despite 3 million of them out there.

Karim

I could agree with you but then weโ€™d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Maybe Garowe, Bosaso and Muqdisho but Qardho didn't have much internet services, in 2015 anyway.
That was 4 years ago. The optic internet services of Somalia have drastically improved since 2016. My relatives in Gaalkacyo and Bosaso are online most of the time.

Sxb there are a very few number of individuals who've been born, raised and studied in somalia like me...the main reason behind their inactivity on somali-forums is the language challenge..for exam: many of us can read and understand English but when it comes to participating in conversation and forum discussions it is difficult task

Apollo

VIP
Sxb there are a very few number of individuals who've been born, raised and studied in somalia like me...the main reason behind their inactivity on somali-forums is the language challenge..for exam: many of us can read and understand English but when it comes to participating in conversation and forum discussions it is difficult task

What do Somalia-only Somalis think of the Somali diaspora youth?

What do Somalia-only Somalis think of the Somali diaspora youth?
Well...i think that's subjective question but as far as i am corcerned, somali diaspora are dominating the state/government jobs which left the local youths unemployed, there for some of us(locals) internally have a profound enmity for state-office diaspora runners, which might likely bring on unadorable result in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending