Why are there no famous Somali Islamic Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know there is Said Rageh...but he is the only one and I feel like the Muslim community does not respect him because he's black. He's also not famous. How come there are no Black Islamic Speakers as famous as Muft Menk, Nouman Ali Khan, and Zakir Naik? And why are almost every famous Muslim speakers either Arab or South Asian? Where all the Black speakers? Black Muslims make up a large percentage of the Muslim population and yet we don't see us represented in the Muslim Speaker community. It's very sad. There should be more famous Somalis, Ethiopians, Nigerians, Sudanis, etc speakers.

Don't get me wrong I love menk and nouman khan, but you have to be an "entertainer" to some extent to make it as a celebrity scholar. Most somali scholars are old school. South Asians also have large Islamic communities in America, the U.K., India, and South Africa, so of course you'll see more of them represented.

I actually wish somali people could have better Islamic communities rather than focus on outer things only like hijab and memorizing Quran without knowing what it means. That way we would have less crime in our communites

Jeesto

VIP
Don't get me wrong I love menk and nouman khan, but you have to be an "entertainer" to some extent to make it as a celebrity scholar. Most somali scholars are old school. South Asians also have large Islamic communities in America, the U.K., India, and South Africa, so of course you'll see more of them represented.
PS the ones you mentioned do the muxaadaro and preachings in English and arabic for the muslims in the west and the arab countries while ours do in somali and for somalis only.

Endriam

To answer your question, there are many Somali Muslim scholars trained in Saudi Wahabi Theology universities, but Somalis are inherently a clannish society and would never rally behind one who isn't from their clan. Each Somali scholar is stamped with his qabiil and actually thinks and operates like a religious/clan warlord. How else could you explain when a well known Somali scholar calls and labels a Somali government, Dawladda riddada because his clan were against it and when rhat regime fell, the government that replaced it suddenly became halal and is now a guest of the president of Killinka Shannaad and the Ethiopian government. We became so hypocritical to the point that we don't have intellectuals, Religious scholars and lay people independent of the collective thinking of their clans. If foreign forces destroy one of the Somali clans, their tribal nemesis would be jubilant and yet, we will collectively weep for the Palestinians.

Last edited:
Yes, I know there is Said Rageh...but he is the only one and I feel like the Muslim community does not respect him because he's black. He's also not famous. How come there are no Black Islamic Speakers as famous as Muft Menk, Nouman Ali Khan, and Zakir Naik? And why are almost every famous Muslim speakers either Arab or South Asian? Where all the Black speakers? Black Muslims make up a large percentage of the Muslim population and yet we don't see us represented in the Muslim Speaker community. It's very sad. There should be more famous Somalis, Ethiopians, Nigerians, Sudanis, etc speakers.

Go to the history section and you will learn about famous Somali religious figures in Middle East.
In time being we have sheikh Abdul rashid ali Sufi
Biography of Abdul Rashid Ali Sufi
The Sheikh was born in Somalia in 1964.
His father is the Alim (Sheikh) Ali Ibn Abd Arrahmane Suffi (The moufti of Somalia). He was the first one who brought the science of Tajwid in Somalia.

He finished the Koran learning by the age of ten, then he handled the Tajwid science according to Hafs An Aasim’s version thanks to his mother.

He studies his father’s science; Nahw and Fiqh Shaffiîh.

Later on, he went to Egypte to study the Qiraât sciences at Qiraât Institute. He became then a professor of the holy Koran science at Al Azhar Islamic University. In 1991, He went to Qatar to work in the Muslim cult minister. Indeed, he became Imam and priest at Jamiê Ans Ibn Malikâ Dawha.

He took part in several Dourouss and conferences in Europe.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Because Somali youth would rather support ajanabi speakers.

Saeed Rageh was cool till he thought it was fun to make fun of Somali girls. :kodaksmiley:

Because Somali youth would rather support ajanabi speakers.

Saeed Rageh was cool till he thought it was fun to make fun of Somali girls. :kodaksmiley:

Hey it was kinda funny not gonna lie :ohno:

But yeah that wasn't really cool, didn't seem to faze many somali girls since they still listen to him and all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts