Why are some somali hooyos downright mean to their own daughters ?

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
It really boggles my mind how vicious and evil some somali mums are. But they are very kind and merciful to their sons.

CALMONE20###

Generational trauma. It's up to the current gen to put an end to this cycle.
It's sick that some ppl in the somali community think that they own their daughters so they can beat them like a random person on the street and mistreat them. I swear even cats aren't treated the way I am by my own mother. My privacy was invaded(they opened the bathroom lock while I was showering, beat me in the shower and my mother took pictures of me in the shower and sent it to all my relatives) and I was beaten like a dog and forced to leave the house with no dignity (barefoot,cold without my hijab). I didn't even have privacy to change. They opened the door while I was changing so that my siblings could see me.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
It's sick that some ppl in the somali community think that they own their daughters so they can beat them like a random person on the street and mistreat them. I swear even cats aren't treated the way I am by my own mother.
Any parent who beats their kid violently regardless of gender is a piece of shit.

Some of them just use it as an outlet whenever they're having a bad day

Since you study in health care, i guess you are nurse, right?

i would say its greed or poor mentality. Maybe both.

Only god knows, were just humans

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Since you study in health care, i guess you are nurse, right?

i would say its greed or poor mentality. Maybe both.

Only god knows, were just humans
Wait, what does greed have to do with a parent beating up their child?

Are you sure you're in the right thread?

CALMONE20###

Any parent who beats their kid violently regardless of gender is a piece of shit.

Some of them just use it as an outlet whenever they're having a bad day
Which is sick because they don't own their offspring. They aren't a peice of furniture or a punching bag they are human beings with bones and feelings.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Which is sick because they don't own their offspring. They aren't a peice of furniture or a punching bag they are human beings with bones and feelings.
Yup. I just realized how fucked up some of our upbringings were especially the beatings we received during our developmental stages.

CALMONE20###

Yup. I realize how fucked up some of our upbringings are especially the beatings we received during our developmental stages.
I remember being 8 years old and just playing like kids do outside. I came home and my mother shouted somali swear words at me.

It's sick that some ppl in the somali community think that they own their daughters so they can beat them like a random person on the street and mistreat them. I swear even cats aren't treated the way I am by my own mother. My privacy was invaded(they opened the bathroom lock while I was showering, beat me in the shower and my mother took pictures of me in the shower and sent it to all my relatives) and I was beaten like a dog and forced to leave the house with no dignity (barefoot,cold without my hijab). I didn't even have privacy to change. They opened the door while I was changing so that my siblings could see me.
Sorry that happened to you. Is there a way you can cut them off? Enroll in therapy. I have a feeling they will not stop mistreating you. Get away from them please

Hamzza

VIP
It really boggles my mind how vicious and evil some somali mums are. But they are very kind and merciful to their sons.
That's bullshit Somali Hooyos love their daughters.

I feel sorry for you if you have experienced such injustices, but don't project your trauma into other people.