Why are Somalis such low achievers?

Compared to other recently immigrated African groups like Nigerians and Ghanaians why are Somalis scoring lower then them on standardized tests and not getting into prestigious universities?

Girl we not doing this again.
Doing what?

giphy.gif

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Because we are refugees opposed to economic migrants.

I'm curious on your source for Somalis scoring lower on standardized tests? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I wasn't aware Somalis scored particularly low.

Because we are refugees opposed to economic migrants.

I'm curious on your source for Somalis scoring lower on standardized tests? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I wasn't aware Somalis scored particularly low.
I was looking at the scores on standardized testing of Ubah Medical Academy, their scores are a bit above the state average in reading but lagging behind in science and math. I would post pictures but this stupid phone isn’t letting me. Somalis are not admitted into prestigious universities at the same rate as other ethnicities.

Alluring

Sayonara
They came for economic and educational purposes like east and south asians, they score well because their parents are middle-class tier wealthy who can afford them those opportunities.

Somalis came as refugees escaping war with primarily ill-educated parents.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Compared to other recently immigrated African groups like Nigerians and Ghanaians why are Somalis scoring lower then them on standardized tests and not getting into prestigious universities?

We have higher achieving goals.

Imaaan

Have you taken into consideration that most somalis came late 90s whereas the ghanians and nigerians are the 3rd generation etc and they came over around the 60s and 70s?
Somalis are banging it currently enuff said

Trending