Why are somalis so urbanised?

Som

VIP
There are as many Somalis in Ethiopia as there are in Somalia? :gucciwhat:
I think we are about 6-7% of the ethiopian population , ethiopia has 112 million people so that's like 7840000 somalis in ethiopia if we are 7%.
Even if the somali population is underestimated i doubt we are more than 8-9 million in ethiopia

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
I think we are about 6-7% of the ethiopian population , ethiopia has 112 million people so that's like 7840000 somalis in ethiopia if we are 7%.
Even if the somali population is underestimated i doubt we are more than 8-9 million in ethiopia
The 9 million mark was probably pre 2010s. Since then the population grew a lot, i think 15 million is an accurate number. Especially with large landmass like the Hawd and Sitti zone being very densely populated

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Ethiopia's Central Intelligence Authority apparently conducted a census in 2017 that I can't find in PDF form right now but that's where that population number for KS is apparently from.

Gacanka Cadmeed

Ethiopia's Central Intelligence Authority apparently conducted a census in 2017 that I can't find in PDF form right now but that's where that population number for KS is apparently from.
Screenshot_20210327-162322_Kindle.jpg

Also Kilinka Shanaad gained a lot of Somali land that was given to other regions

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I wonder what the Horn + North Kenya + Sudan will cap out at once development reaches its peak and we start hitting 1-2 kids per family everywhere like in the developed world.

Gacanka Cadmeed

I wonder what the Horn + North Kenya + Sudan will cap out at once development reaches its peak and we start hitting 1-2 kids per family everywhere like in the developed world.
Somalia would reach 75 million by 2100 so maybe around 300 million inshallah or maybe more

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Somalia would reach 75 million by 2100 so maybe around 300 million inshallah or maybe more

It's surreal to think Somalia was once at 3 million and Ethiopia at like 22 million around 1960. And Somalia probably would have boomed well past the current 15 mill by now if it wasn't for the civil war.

Gacanka Cadmeed

It's surreal to think Somalia was once at 3 million and Ethiopia at like 22 million around 1960. And Somalia probably would have boomed well past the current 15 mill by now if it wasn't for the civil war.
It was because of our high fertility rate that increased after 1991 our population never fell.

First I'm hearing of this, I always thought the Somali region was by far the least densely populated in Ethiopia.

Also you guys, a huge population is not a good thing for Somalia...

Gacanka Cadmeed

First I'm hearing of this, I always thought the Somali region was by far the least densely populated in Ethiopia.

Huge population stops us from becoming overrun. In the Horn, having a huge population stops others from messing around with you.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

It will eventually tapper off anyway like all over the modern world. Addis Ababa has already reached first world numbers in terms of birth-rates. The Horn will inevitably boom then start going in the negatives like South Korea, Japan, the Gulf States and the West. And the Horn is huge, my man. There are 10 million people where I live in the UAE and it has a size of about 88,000 square kilometers whereas Somalia has a size 637,657 square kilometers. And all the alarmism about food is, in my humble opinion, just that. If modern people are smart about how they practice agriculture and distribute food there's actually more than enough to go around in reality.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
It will eventually tapper off anyway like all over the modern world. Addis Ababa has already reached first world numbers in terms of birth-rates. The Horn will inevitably boom then start going in the negatives like South Korea, Japan, the Gulf States and the West. And the Horn is huge, my man. There are 10 million people where I live in the UAE and it has a size of about 88,000 square kilometers whereas Somalia has a size 637,657 square kilometers. And all the alarmism about food is, in my humble opinion, just that. If modern people are smart about how they practice agriculture and distribute food there's actually more than enough to go around in reality.

And, funnily enough, more than half of the country's landmass isn't even inhabited and is just left as undeveloped deserts with highways cutting through them.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
somalis are laangaab around 20-25 million.

Rofl. Langaab refers to land, nigga. LAN. How is being the majority and the politically dominant ethnic group in this much of the Horn "langaab":

6z5UMG3.jpg

?

As poor as they are right now we have like 2-3 countries, nigga. You're insulting actual langaabs like our Hadiya and Sidamo cousins who are sandwiched between massive ethnic groups who barely realize they exist. Smh.

:dead:

Gacanka Cadmeed

Rofl. Langaab refers to land, nigga. LAN. How is being the majority and the politically dominant ethnic group in this much of the Horn "langaab":

6z5UMG3.jpg

?

As poor as they are right now we have like 2-3 countries, nigga. You're insulting actual langaabs like our Hadiya and Sidamo cousins who are sandwiched between massive ethnic groups who barely realize they exist. Smh.

:dead:
At least Sidamo have a region to themselves our muslim Silt'e brothers only just got a woreda to themselves. Miskeen

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Of course we can. The south cam feed up to 300 million people and our lands aren't deserts but arid. This can be turned into fertile soil easily

Besides, most of the modern world is not food self-sufficient anyway. Whenever these rich countries prattle on about "food-security" they mean that they have "iron-clad" deals with other countries regarding food imports to supplement their own agriculture. Completely shut off sea and air ports all over the world for about 2-3 years and watch the mass die off. Even within countries. Do people realize how much of the US' agriculture is concentrated in certain states like California?