Why are Somali weddings so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Majority of Somali weddings go from 21 to 6 in the morning

:gucciwhat:

Why not just have a wedding that is 1-2 hour long?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
The guests arrive around 11 pm, 2 hours of buranbur, the bride arrives at 1 am, dances with the groom, cuts the cake, takes pictures with everyone, the ceremony actually ends at 4 or 4:30.

I'm going to a wedding tonight, I will make sure to pull up at the venue at 11:30 pm.

Mercury

VIP
The guests arrive around 11 pm, 2 hours of buranbur, the bride arrives at 1 am, dances with the groom, cuts the cake, takes pictures with everyone, the ceremony actually ends at 4 or 4:30.

I'm going to a wedding tonight, I will make sure to pull up at the venue at 11:30 pm.

Have fun!

My close relatives/family are very conservative and so instead they just do gados and of ccourse the traditional Nikaah's

Project

I'm one of the most liberal Somali guys you will ever meet and the very few Somali weddings that I attended (including my sister's), I left about midnight when guests (invited or otherwise) we're still arriving, regardless of the invitation cards stipulating that the wedding starts at 9.00 PM and finishes @1.00AM. i rather be awake all night @ a rave party than a Somali wedding. It's too much.

Mercury

VIP
My close relatives/family are very conservative and so instead they just do gados and of ccourse the traditional Nikaah's
I got a few relatives that do that aswell But some Somali weddings are nice But too long imo if I dont know the person getting married I leave early Its just too much

Also the wedding consists of

-the ones who only came to see who got married

- ones who came for food

- ones who hope to find their wife/husband

Reborn
I got a few relatives that do that aswell But some Somali weddings are nice But too long imo if I dont know the person getting married I leave early Its just too much

Also the wedding consists of

-the ones who only came to see who got married

- ones who came for food

- ones who hope to find their wife/husband
What do you mean by those that try and find a wife/husband :yacadiim:

Jeesto

VIP
Somalis weddings usually last or lasted 7 days but since that's impossible in the west both economically and wakhti ahaanba they've no choice but to do the whole thing in just 1 night:manny:

#SuugoFacts

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Somalis weddings usually last or lasted 7 days but since that's impossible in the west both economically and wakhti ahaanba they've no choice but to do the whole thing in just 1 night:manny:

#SuugoFacts
7 days so they also stole Indian wedding traditions?

Good God our people so unoriginal.

Jeesto

VIP
7 days so they also stole Indian wedding traditions?

Good God our people so unoriginal.
Nah B. It's original and very Somali:fittytousand:
1st day = The usual aroos
2nd day = The Alibari :ohhhdamn:
3rd day = Xeedho and the traditional hiddo iyo dhaqan celebration. :damedamn:
4th day = This is when the boys open the Xeedho and murder that muqmad:banderas:
5th day = The Macaan Aka the bride's Xeedho time with her girls and Soddoh. It's also when tshe opens all the presents she received
6th day = More girls time i think:manny:
7th day = Todoba bax begins:yacadiim:
@Gambar :siilaanyosmile:

Last edited:
This is too relatable

You lose track of time in a Somali wedding

You enter a 6 and come out at 3am :ileycry:

It feels like 2 hours but it's actually 7

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
I try my best to never go to weddings. I've only ever been to 3 in my life 1 in the last 12 years. I don't see the point in weddings at all

Status
Not open for further replies.