Why are Somali regions still one of the most poorest and shittiest places in the world

Why are Somali regions still one of the most poorest and shittiest places in the world

• Qabiil

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Asslick Arabs

• Xalimos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faraxs

• Ethiopia

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Religion

• Never truly practised islam

• Foreign intervention [Kenya Ethiopia USA Arab countries AMISOM]

• They are just plain dumb

• 2015 and they still think they are from Arabia

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Delusional people that think they live like king and queens. Even other Africans are laughing.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Why would other Africans be laughing at us when they flock to Somali regions for jobs? The quality of life in some Somali regions is better than that of many African countries. Not everyday self-hate brudda. :umwhat:

S

Shamis

Count the 'ayd' money they get. Conservative estimates suggest that its at least 50% of their budgets. The rest is through tourism, which is owned by foreign investors. They are so poor its shocking.

dgq9u8.jpg
:ohhh:
Ethiopian Immigrants coming to puntland to find jobs
:patrice:

I am not sure if you are aware, but the spirit of business and entrepreneurship has never left Somalia despite the war.
The capital is there, $1.3B sent each year, combine that with recent trend of diaspora Somalis returning to invest
Add on top of that the $884M in World Bank-estimated foreign direct investment since 2005.

Issue here isn't lack of business spirit, entrepreneurship or even capital. There's plenty of each to go around in Somalia.
The issue is one of systemic corruption, focus on personal enrichment & lack of transparency stifling development of Somalia

I am sure some of you have heard of the famous resignation of the Central Bank director. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

Religion.

Separation of religion and state is needed to have an advanced technological first world country.

Western societies they talk about the separation of Church and State. That’s a fallacy. Religion is intimately involved in the political as well as personal processes. But the genius of the West is that they gave religion a space in the debate, but they also gave Reason a space in the debate. So the two are in this creative

The key Is to create that space in which you can bring the faith into dialogue with reason so that before the day is over ignorant Mullahs will be run out of town.
I have seen this in the Islamic world; Malaysia and Turkey, for example. I took a group of scholars to both countries. You will see the coexistence at the universities of science and religion in a productive engagement.

S

Shamis

Add on top of that the $884M in World Bank-estimated foreign direct investment since 2005. /QUOTE]

Which countries are investing? Seems Uber suspish. I prefered it when it was just us building our country. They want to have the victory of our turn around by 'competing' with our growth.

Which countries are investing? Seems Uber suspish. I prefered it when it was just us building our country. They want to have the victory of our turn around by 'competing' with our growth.

It is mostly the IFC a member of the world bank group supporting the private sector growth and development in somalia. A country need foreingn investmenst for its economy. It creates new markets & businesses it create jobs, pay taxes, and bring badly-needed foreign currency..

So No!
The point is somalis have all those investments, yet they dont put it to good use, simply due to the fact that we have one of the most corrupt leaders in the world.

The Government doesnt mobilize the people or invest in them and we diaspora by funding our own people to sustain them , we at the same time cripple them. You will see foreigners come in and take jobs in Somaliland and Puntland especially when the Native population is largely unemployed. Many somali diasporans instead of employing the natives and transfering skill, they import cheap labor from other countries then blame the natives for being lazy. Well what incentives do they have to work, when the diaspora somalis send them money?

See how the turks took advantage of us, some poor dusty turks come in and buy stuff in somalia then creates its own businesses in mogadishu while they natives eat rubber dust.

For Somalia ultimately the solution is complete ownership of the products/services that we use to live in a productive way. Creating business and employing our own people, and therefore empowering our people, creating wealth in the broadest sense and retaining that wealth within our own communities. The doors in which we traditional hemorrhage wealth to other communities must be closed off.

This is what East Asians and even Jews do.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Ownership of our products and services are vital. Somalis have proven they are some of the best entrepreneurs and businessmen/women in Africa but our main problem is security.

Somalia need two things. Security and decent infrastructure and I'm confident we will have real economic success. We have the potential to be the economic powerhouse in east Africa.

Ownership of our products and services are vital. Somalis have proven they are some of the best entrepreneurs and businessmen/women in Africa but our main problem is security.

Somalia need two things. Security and decent infrastructure and I'm confident we will have real economic success. We have the potential to be the economic powerhouse in east Africa.

Yup , security and managment is what we lack, but the potential is great we need to harness it.

everyone should watch this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending