Why are Somali fathers often absent [serious]

Wallahi it’s a big issue, I think Somali men need to man up. They will leave a mother and her kids for a new chick on the block. I’m sad at our current state of affairs. It hurts really hurts. Because it makes me hesitant to marry a Somali men. I mean only the ones who fear Allah don’t do this

Lots of Somali families I know don't have fathers tho. But this may just be my experience

How common is the phenomenon of absentee fathers? In diaspora and back home? In my opinion it seems to be exaggerated. Especially if we're purely talking about physically absentee fathers. I could be wrong tho.

Damn it's just me then. I thought this was a real thing as well
I thought Somali men were allergic to living in a house with their wife and kids

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Emotionally absent, sure. I understand what you're trying to convey, OP. A lot love spending time outside their home. But not really absent, as in they've never been there. Sorry that your father abandoned you. My maternal grandfather did the same in Somalia to chase after a woman.

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
Nomadism. That’s why you should marry Bantus, Indians, East Asians (not Central Asians or Mongolians) or Europeans with last names which are of peasant origin.

Emotionally absent, sure. I understand what you're trying to convey, OP. A lot love spending time outside their home. But not really absent, as in they've never been there. Sorry that your father abandoned you. My maternal grandfather did the same in Somalia to chase after a woman.

You don't have to feel sorry. I would probably do the same if I was in his position

Xalimoos are boring no personality whatsoever

Attachments

• ht_empire_kab_150924_16x9_992.jpg
    ht_empire_kab_150924_16x9_992.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 30
If they didn't physically abandon their children and wife, then they emotionally abandon them. My dad doesn't get emotionally involved with me or my siblings even though he is still married to my mom. He has a close relationship with her though.

Trending