Why are somali analogies so weird

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Like they really couldn’t just get to the point with it like what does “indho ooyse ilin kama imaan” or “afwaakin mayla ka aamin” mean the most random things to ever exist by far are somali analogies

Like they really couldn’t just get to the point with it like what does “indho ooyse ilin kama imaan” or “afwaakin mayla ka aamin” mean the most random things to ever exist by far are somali analogies
when u got 68 iq u don't make sense adeer it's our curse :mjhaps:

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Can someone translate what the sayings mean? I don’t want to be left out :jcoleno:
unless you’re extremely cultured it’s very hard to translate somali sayings word by word. You just have to memorize the meaning as a whole and then break it down. The grammar is pretty weird and many of the words aren’t even used anymore. for example the first example he used says:

“Eyes that ??? have no tears”. what the frick is ooyse? The only word that I can think of would be “to cry” and “eyes that cry have no tears” makes no sense.

convincation

VIP
I know what that means. I’m not that much of an airhead :fantasia2:
I meant what @zak1up_1 said: “indho ooyse ilin kama imaan” & “afwaakin mayla ka aamin”
The first 1 makes sense tbf
Not sure what the 2nd is
According to my mum the first means someone that cries a lot his tears don’t mean much and the second means just because you have a mouth doesn’t mean the truth will come out of it. You see what I mean they coulda just said it like normal humans why’d they have to add all these twists and turns

convincation

VIP
unless you’re extremely cultured it’s very hard to translate somali sayings word by word. You just have to memorize the meaning as a whole and then break it down. The grammar is pretty weird and many of the words aren’t even used anymore. for example the first example he used says:

“Eyes that ??? have no tears”. what the frick is ooyse? The only word that I can think of would be “to cry” and “eyes that cry have no tears” makes no sense.
It basically means if you cry a lot your tears loose value

'Eyes that have cried have no tears'
If you had just used the present perfect tense 'have cried' you could have translated it perfectly:duck::ulyin:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It basically means if you cry a lot your tears loose value
ohhh that makes a lot more sense. So an interpretation of it would be:
“eyes that cry [often] have no [meaningful] tears”.

That makes sense. You just have to analyze it and think of tears as metaphorically.

Trending