Religion and Colorism

I’ve noticed that a lot of religious guys who go to the masjid or are very involved with their community that I’ve seen around my age (mid 20s to late 20s) that are very religious usually are into light skin or white muslims. I asked one of my cousins about it and at first he denied that and said maybe some of his friends prefer that and it was just a preference. Further into the conversation he theorized that faith and purity is often linked to whiteness and that most of us were indoctrinated to thinking that way, especially Somalis who link being religious to being more Arab.

Thoughts? Do you guys agree?

Religious me as is he probably has a Muslim non Somali friend group. The obsession with white reverts and arabs is upheld with the Muslim community. Fake wadaads are obsessed with stasis symbols and their wife being white is one.

Funnily enough ciyaal suuq Somali guys aren’t phased nor are normal 5x a day with a professional job concerned with that.

Somali guys are very easily influenced by their peers

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
thanks to social media I feel like people are more aware of this implicit bias and are now appreciating what makes us unique, all natural skin tones are beautiful :)

Only Asian, brown, or black groups.

White guys are often into darker than them Asians and others.
Maybe because you can't get Whiter than white ? :mjlaugh:
White people are told that diversity is good and that all humans are equal no matter their skin color while a lot of Brown and Black people are told that the lighter they are the most beautiful they are. For example, some Darkskin woman would get jealous bcoz her lightskin sister gets more attention.
Meanwhile, many While people like to get a tan, because it's seen as more beautiful. (Kardashians)
We live in 2 different worlds. LOL

I’ve noticed that a lot of religious guys who go to the masjid or are very involved with their community that I’ve seen around my age (mid 20s to late 20s) that are very religious usually are into light skin or white muslims. I asked one of my cousins about it and at first he denied that and said maybe some of his friends prefer that and it was just a preference. Further into the conversation he theorized that faith and purity is often linked to whiteness and that most of us were indoctrinated to thinking that way, especially Somalis who link being religious to being more Arab.

You should really take a look about the number of Hadith that keep pointing to the whiteness of the skin of the prophet Mohamed (PBUH) or the quranic verses about how people who go to paradise will have white faces and how people who go to hell will have dark faces.

"While those whose faces are whitened will live for ever in God's mercy" verse 107 of surah Ale-emran

I'm not saying that Islam encourages having white skin, but there is a correlation about why a lot of religious guys in the masjid like white skinned women and how having white skin is such a positive trait in islamic scriptures.

Last edited:

first off there’s no such thing as preference, it’s made up to explain internalised racism. Which is what those guys you speak of suffer from.

People seem to forget Arabs are a mixed people and back in the days were dark, pretty much Somali skin colour.
There’s plenty Arabic historical books praising the zanj woman and how dark/black women are the ideal woman (look it up if you want).

This white skin worship is a recent phenomenon (I guess since penicilin was discovered and got their skin sores under control) ppl think they’re attractive ☕️ But yeah it’s internalised racism.

Th
You should really take a look about the number of Hadith that keep pointing to the whiteness of the skin of the prophet Mohamed (PBUH) or the quranic verses about how people who go to paradise will have white faces and how people who go to hell will have dark faces.

"While those whose faces are whitened will live for ever in God's mercy" verse 107 of surah Ale-emran

I'm not saying that Islam encourages having white skin, but there is a correlation about why a lot of religious guys in the masjid like white skinned women and how having white skin is such a positive trait in islamic scriptures.

They mean white as in clean (devoid of sin) not lacking in melanin lol

There were plenty of prophets who were black so by your logic they wouldn’t be allowed to go to jannah?

plus the prophet (saw) warned even sahabas like abu dharr for speaking ill of black people, I believe he said he still harboured pre Islamic pagan beliefs and if he didn’t cleanse himself of those he wouldn’t step foot in heaven. Which let abu dharr to go on his knees and beg Bilal for forgiveness.

Athiests on this website are so annoying, ALLAH SWT doesn’t discriminate on his own creation dummy. It’s not whiteness he means noor like a glow, like when you make wudu throughout the day you have a glow to your face which is noor not whiteness smh.

Th

They mean white as in clean (devoid of sin) not lacking in melanin lol

There were plenty of prophets who were black so by your logic they wouldn’t be allowed to go to jannah?

plus the prophet (saw) warned even sahabas like abu dharr for speaking ill of black people, I believe he said he still harboured pre Islamic pagan beliefs and if he didn’t cleanse himself of those he wouldn’t step foot in heaven. Which let abu dharr to go on his knees and beg Bilal for forgiveness.

I never said that only "white prophets" go to jannah.
Every good person goes to jannah as long as they were good muslims and I never said that Islam was racist in any way. As I said any black person who was a good muslim goes to jannah.

However, the verse about people going in paradise having whiter skin (they were not white on earth but their skin would become lighter when they enter paradise), has many interpretations.
You said that "white" meant devoid of sin and I agree that many scholars agree on that but many scholars interpret this verse literally, meaning they literally believe that people would get whiter skin when they go to jannah.

Apollo

VIP
There were plenty of prophets who were black

I keep hearing about this meme of black prophets, but find zero evidence besides some murky statements on the darkness of Moses etc.. They could have been tanned Jews and not actual blacks.

There were none who were of Sub-Saharan African in origin. They were pretty much all ethnic Jews except for Muhammed who was an ethnic Arab.

Blacks only entered the Middle East after the 500s CE. There is no way there were Sub-Saharan African origin Jews in Israel/Palestine before that time.

Athiests on this website are so annoying, ALLAH SWT doesn’t discriminate on his own creation dummy. It’s not whiteness he means noor like a glow, like when you make wudu throughout the day you have a glow to your face which is noor not whiteness smh.

Typical 68 IQ, who are you to say that I'm an atheist? I didn't say anything against islam.
I just said that some people interpret the Quran and Hadith in a different way.
Glow is your interpretation, some scholars chose to interpret the quran literally, which means they don't take the quran as a metaphor except for a few exceptions.

Apollo

VIP
I keep hearing about this meme of black prophets, but find zero evidence besides some murky statements on the darkness of Moses etc.. They could have been tanned Jews and not actual blacks.

There were none who were of Sub-Saharan African in origin. They were pretty much all ethnic Jews except for Muhammed who was an ethnic Arab.

Blacks only entered the Middle East after the 500s CE. There is no way there were Sub-Saharan African origin Jews in Israel/Palestine before that time.

@Frdc

Samaritan Palestinians are the closest population to the Ancient Hebrews. They don't have any among them with black skin:

shutterstock_110754272.jpg

Samaritans-682x1024.jpg

^ That's how all those Jew prophets looked like. Unless they are specifically mentioned being of Nubian or Habesha origin (none as far as I can tell), then there is no evidence of black prophets in the Abrahamic tradition.

Darkskin, lightskin ama jinniskin doesnt matter of you’re hot, and i have never meet a Somali that says ”being more religious is being more arab”😂 most of us dont even speak arabic💯

Maybe because you can't get Whiter than white ? :mjlaugh:
White people are told that diversity is good and that all humans are equal no matter their skin color while a lot of Brown and Black people are told that the lighter they are the most beautiful they are. For example, some Darkskin woman would get jealous bcoz her lightskin sister gets more attention.
Meanwhile, many While people like to get a tan, because it's seen as more beautiful. (Kardashians)
We live in 2 different worlds. LOL
And thats on the showbiz, fair skin is praised and darkskin is pushed aside. Havent got anything to do with religion at all. We are brainwashed from an early age.

Trending