Why are a lot of Somali sheikhs sexual predators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muji

VIP
We don't worship Sheikhs, we worship Allah SWT. Praying 5 times a day (like that story you shared of that man) doesn't make one a Sheikh

The only thing I will agree with you on is that there are parts of our culture that aren't so good. If a Somali man does molester/rape etc a Somali woman, I think some people are encouraged not to talk about it because they fear it will do more harm than good and bring shame, which is probably very damaging to the victim

Hurrah thank you very much for confirming this! Getting the other two to admit the second paragraph of what you wrote has been like getting blood out of a strone!

Yes and I’ve heard through relatives who’ve witnessed it but these are not my stories to share, especially on a forum full of trolls.

If we created an atsmophere where sheikhs were treated like ordinary human beings and victims weren’t shamed, we would have had so many more people speaking out, predators being imprisoned and not being allowed to offend again. But sadly that’s not the case. If I’m shouted down when I say some Somali sheikhs are predators imagine what happens to women who make the accusation?

I heard a story about a so called macalin raping a little girl younger than 5 back in Somalia. He was chased out of the city after the people found out, and he would be killed on sight if he ever dares to come back. However what happened is that, that sicko is back at teaching in some other small village. They should kill these devils not just ban them out of the city.

Muji

VIP
I heard a story about a so called macalin raping a little girl younger than 5 back in Somalia. He was chased out of the city after the people found out, and he would be killed on sight if he ever dares to come back. However what happened is that, that sicko is back at teaching in some other small village. They should kill these devils not just ban them out of the city.

Stories like this honestly makes me sick!

I just hope that everyone who reads this thread is a little more cautious in having a stranger around their kids. What happened to the Catholic Church should ring alarm bells. You honestly don’t know how moral someone is based on their job title.

Muji

VIP
2 instances :holeup::tocry::francis::comeon:

This isn’t a Somali thing. Hyperbole of the highest order.

Tbh with you no amount of links would satisfy you.

Most rapes and instances of molestation are not reported especially in culture where shame subdue women into speaking out.

Please educate yourself and speak to women on this topic, it’s not my job to educate you.

In the Somali community women are shamed for speaking about sexual violence, they are told no one will marry them, people will know they are not virgins, they will bring slander and shame to their families. Other posters have also confirmed this.

If you refuse to believe this, it’s up to you. Last post to you.

Op

I think the title of the topic is the problem. There are Somali regular guys, (not practising) fake religious ones (hypocrites) men who appear to be respectable, loser Somali men..who rape or molester females, I don't think you should just exclude it to fake religious men

Tbh with you no amount of links would satisfy you.

Most rapes and instances of molestation are not reported especially in culture where shame subdue women into speaking out.

Please educate yourself and speak to women on this topic, it’s not my job to educate you.

In the Somali community women are shamed for speaking about sexual violence, they are told no one will marry them, people will know they are not virgins, they will bring slander and shame to their families. Other posters have also confirmed this.

If you refuse to believe this, it’s up to you. Last post to you.
OK the last para is true but for back home in my opinion.Somalis in the west don’t care about someone being unmarriageable or unchaste as a lot of them are not anyways. Plus western Somalis do not hide or shelter criminals, heck somali women in the west call the police on their ex husbands. You’re trying to make us seem that within our communities we have our own laws or something, it’s as if you’re conflating the stereotypes of the Asian with the Somalis.
But back home, yes. I personally know of cases where the rape is hidden and the victim is hushed up in fear of gossip etc..
But for the last fucking time back home is an anomalous example as there are no laws or anything. People only listen to elders.

Stories like this honestly makes me sick!

I just hope that everyone who reads this thread is a little more cautious in having a stranger around their kids. What happened to the Catholic Church should ring alarm bells. You honestly don’t know how moral someone is based on their job title.
Ahhh
So that’s your aim. A comparison of the Catholic Church which prevents priests and bishops from marriage. Hmmmmm.
:axvmm9o:

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
@GAHSVSVS @Idil-Beydaan @Daleelah

Guys , tbh @Knowles is onto something, I don't know if they are trolling but this topic is actually true

In London they have loads of cases of this , just like fgm somalis never talk about it. Young people who have been a victim of it NEVER speak up. Over worked somali mums send their kids to the nearest dugsi with no care about who is teaching them or the history of the place. Sometimes nobody even knows who these men are. Dugsi are like islamic daycare.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Guys , tbh @Knowles is onto something, I don't know if they are trolling but this topic is actually true

In London they have loads of cases of this , just like fgm somalis never talk about it. Young people who have been a victim of it NEVER speak up. Over worked somali mums send their kids to the nearest dugsi with no care about who is teaching them or the history of the place. Sometimes nobody even knows who these men are. Dugsi are like islamic daycare.

wow

There are many problems facing our community but bullying rape victims isn’t one of them.

Thank you for sharing your story. My point was just that it’s not something that’s plaguing our community. We don’t have a culture of silencing victims and there isn’t an established body of rapist Somali sheikhs. My younger sister told me about being molested at school back when we were in the UAE. It broke my heart but I didn’t decide that arabs have a culture of sexually abusing their students.

Muji

VIP

I am definitely not trolling. Many girls have experienced this and I’m sorry this has happened to you.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
There are many problems facing our community but bullying rape victims isn’t one of them.

Thank you for sharing your story. My point was just that it’s not something that’s plaguing our community. We don’t have a culture of silencing victims and there isn’t an established body of rapist Somali sheikhs. My younger sister told me about being molested at school back when we were in the UAE. It broke my heart but I didn’t decide that arabs have a culture of sexually abusing their students.

I'm so sorry to hear that.
I don't think it's a culture or a frequent thing either but it's the culture of giving these men unearned respect just because the professions is about the deen.

Gambar

VIP
Knowles, as Somalis we have high esteem of religious people. Sure they are human like us we clearly know not to rever them so much. But somali sheikhs are called sheykh and Macalin till it becomes their family name, hence why some people have the surname sheikh or macalin.
Knowles I have yet to hear of a case of molestation in a Somali dugsi. Somalis know one another very well, if such an abhorrent thing would happen that person would be extremely shamed.
Knowles, provide evidence sister.
Knowles if you are trolling then shame on you
Lol it happens but as usual it’s swept under the rug. Somalis don’t like their ceeb to be displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending