Why Al-Shabaab was created?

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
I decided to make this thread due to @SOULSEARCHING idiotic comments so I want to clarify why al shabaab was created.

To understand how Al Shabaab formed we must go back to the era of ICU Islamic Court Union which was largely composed of Hawiye especially Habar Gidir & Abgaal with a minority of different clan. Here is the bombshell. Al Shabaab was a faction within ICU it was formed by various Hawiye heavyweight leaders including former presidents Shiekh Sharif & Sheikh Ahmed and Dahir Awyen.
7F410936-6344-4C19-B13A-2F995B3BA244.jpeg

E2FA0EC2-8145-467F-88D9-4AB9F7E38CBA.jpeg

Now here is the juciey part, Godane did not start Al Shabaab, the leader of the AlShabaab prioir to his ascend in 2006 was Ayro Faraah, a Hawiye Habar Gidir senior leader who killed ajnabis in Somaliland in cohort with Ahmed Godane.Also I would like to add that Godane did not start Al Shabaab he simply climbed throught the ranks.

Basically when ICU (which AL Shabaab was minority faction within it) toke control over southern Somalia in early and mid 2000s defeating the worthless warlords and taking over Mogadishu, they sent Al Shabaab to take over Kismayo from JVA (Marehan & Habar Gidir Alliance) The Al Shabaab faction was largely Habar Gidir so they joined up AL shabaab against Marehan ... there was another important faction called Ras Kamboni (Ogaden) stantioning in the very far border with Kenya who got booted from Kismayo, they also joined forces with AlShabaab (HG) to liberate Kismayo because of the percived accupation of Ogaden by Marehan.
When Ras Kamboni (Ogaden) & Al Shabaab (Habar Gidir) captured the town they had disagreement over who should leader the militia of Kismayo, they agreed to let an outsider (Godane Isaaq) led the militia and thus he become a powerful figure who was later become the head of Al Shabaab when Ayro died in 2006.
61CC00EC-B12F-487F-8D79-2041FA57D81C.jpeg

Guys like @sincity will be hung up on Isaaqs being big part of al shabaab when the reality it’s not the truth.Isaaq leaders of ICU & AL SHABAAB are few andthe vast majority have been Hawiye and some Darod
0005CCF4-8680-4587-88D0-51575111D44F.png

Turki and the current president of Juba land leader of Ras Kamboni militIA WHO JOINED AL Shabaab for tribal resons to secure Kismmayo
6C7971B0-D1AE-458D-A47A-852D395C8F89.jpeg

AB797CD5-43EA-493D-BF65-5E60FD4DE40D.png

notice how all influntial leaders within ICU faction of Al Shabaab are Hawiye with some Darood joining terrorists for tribal reasons?

So in conclusion,basically Hawiye used ICU/AS as a vehicle to control the entire country swiftly but Darood brought Ethiopians to destroy the ICU when Hawiye got oblirated they joined the poltical discourse within UN government and found out that they can control it so they somehow started supporting their own government but now it has been taken over by Rahanweyn and minorities
42045299-AE93-4373-84D6-5416FC9690ED.png

Last edited:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Show me a reliable source that shows the makeup of Shabaab and I'll show you that the first, second and a current Emir Shabaab are all Isaaq.

Show me a reliable source that shows the makeup of Shabaab and I'll show you that the first, second and a current Emir Shabaab are all Isaaq.

Stick to being cannon fodder, we are speaking among free men.
The current emir of AS is Dir and first was Cayr, unlike Darood Isaaq don't claim Hawiye subclans.:meleshame:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP

Stick to being cannon fodder, we are speaking among free men.
godane was the only isaaq emir and he dead. The only other high official was a commander
C257602F-207B-4B22-A975-A38891864D4C.jpeg

That’s about it:camby:

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
The reason AS cannot attack SL is not because they have a deal but because their community is alot more active and intelligence is your local mama down the street. One thing I admire about Rer SL is they dont let new people just move in there towns without verifying who they are. This is why they have been succesful while Koonfuris would help their own cousin terrorist

repo

VIP
Only godane was ever emir and he dead. The only other high official was a commander View attachment 198814
That’s about it:camby:
First Emir
"As one of Al-Shabaab’s first acts, the participants selected a former English teacher and AIAI member from the Salahuddin camp, Ismail Arale, as the group’s emir."

Inside Al-Shabaab: The Secret History of Al-Qaeda's Most Powerful Ally
Second Emir
"Many of the details of Godane’s early life remain shrouded in unverifiable rumor and hagiography, particularly in al-Shabab circles. He was born in July 1977 in Hargeisa, now the capital of the self-declared independent republic of Somaliland in northern Somalia, into the large Arab/Isaaq clan."

The Galgala Emir
"Omar Mohamed Aden (Issaq/Haber Jaalo): Emir of ASNE"

UN Monitoring Group 2016

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
First Emir

Second Emir

The Galgala Emir
Arale was never influential enough to be an emir he doesn’t even really count. Nobody in Mogadishu ever heard of him during the ICU days he was a low level member of ICU (not AS as you portray) so let me explain to you what exactly an emir is. Emir the absolute top leadership of ALL of al shabaab. There has been only 3 Amir in Al Shabaab Ayrow the founder, Godane and now Ahmed Omar.

clearly you are desperate to use low level commanders as some sort of emir when they are not. If count them as emir than they are dozens if not hundreads of Emirs in Al Shabaab why do you think pointing out the very minority is somehow an evidence that Isaaq or Somaliland support this movement.

Last edited:

repo

VIP
Arale was never influential enough to be an emir he doesn’t even really count. Nobody in Mogadishu ever heard of him during the ICU days he was a low level member. Also to explain to you what exactly an emir is. Emir the absolute top leadership of ALL of al shabaab. There has been only 3 Amir in Al Shabaab Ayrow the founder, Godane and now Ahmed Omar.

clearly you are desperate to use low level commanders as some sort of emir when they are not
I don't think I'm desperate for anything, it's not like I brought up these facts randomly. Why he's labelled Emir is probably because ASNE functions independently. I think you are playing semantics at this point. Whether they are famous or not doesn't take away from what they are.

repo

VIP
Puntland former president Abdiweli Gaas pardoned a AS terrorist Mohamed Ahmed Qaahiye who's now active in Mozambique as part of ISIS according to UN Security Council report
View attachment 198819

View attachment 198820
Have some shame. Muse Bihi pardoned terrorists and murderers literally 3 days ago.

Have some shame. Muse Bihi pardoned terrorists and murderers literally 3 days ago.
The difference is those have spent longer periods on jail and weren't higher ranking or conducted terrorist acts that are known to us but simply charged on being involved on jihadist acts unlike Qaahiye who was an active AS militant and now he is in Mozambique helping ISIS fighters with his experience he attained from Somalia

repo

VIP
The difference is those have spent longer periods on jail and weren't higher ranking or conducted terrorist acts that are known to us but simply charged on being involved on jihadist acts unlike Qaahiye who was an active AS militant and now he is in Mozambique helping ISIS fighters with his experience he attained from Somalia
I know, I know. When the terrorist is "Somalilander" he is good. We got the picture.

repo

VIP
Your former president literally pardoned a terrorist who's now active in Mozambique cuz of his qabil :mjlaugh:
And Muse Bihi pardoned one that killed an aid worker. What's your point, are you trying to divert attention away from the topic by punching yourself?

:ohhh:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
I don't think I'm desperate for anything, it's not like I brought up these facts randomly. Why he's labelled Emir is probably because ASNE functions independently. I think you are playing semantics at this point. Whether they are famous or not doesn't take away from what they are.
Your very own report says no such thing as independent movement that the ASNE is a concept of their own creation they're still dependent and take orders from the leadership of Al shabaab in south Somalia that's why they attacked Puntland from Galmudug side and fighting the ISIS Salebaan faction in Puntland.
C77B1ED1-A7FE-44CF-B2AD-FD8ED768D17A.jpeg

ASNE still provides logistics and smuggle arms to the main force of Al Shabaab in the south.
B9D6EC00-4BA4-4202-A0E3-ABB99046E065.jpeg

Another proof ASNE are nothing but mere subjects for the big players of Al shabaab who are in the south. So bringing up the commanders or small time members and portray them to be some senior leaders in Al Shabab's top leadership based on qabill origins is ridiculous. I threw facts at your face but if you chose it ignore thats your problem. The top emir is omar Ahmed so take up to him but instead you won't do that because it's easier to point fingers ar low level Isaaq commanders and scream Somaliland is the bogeyman lol

And Muse Bihi pardoned one that killed an aid worker. What's your point, are you trying to divert attention away from the topic by punching yourself?

:ohhh:
The only one punching himself in here is you comparing an aid killer to notorious terrorist fighting in Mozambique given pardoned by adeerka and we know your cousins Cali Saleeban are active Daesh fighters in PL.

Go deal with your own terrorist issues instead of blaming Somaliland what your kins have caused

Trending

Latest posts