Why 10 years puntland against xamar

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I think Puntland should reject almost everything the NCC agreed on except for party list proportional representation. This system would be a great stabilizing force for Somali politics. Culusow made a good choice here, but everything else is trash.

I think Puntland should reject almost everything the NCC agreed on except for party list proportional representation. This system would be a great stabilizing force for Somali politics. Culusow made a good choice here, but everything else is trash.
Bro what if we take swis federal system

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
Bro what if we take swis federal system
The current Somali constitution, which gives exclusive power over foreign affairs, the military, immigration and monetary policy to the federal government is very similar to Switzerland's federal system. These are massive responsibilities that the federal states have almost no power over.

This means that if we implement the 2012 constitution we can have a lean efficient government. The problem is that too many politicians in Mogadishu want to re-centralize Somalia. They want to run the healthcare system of Bari from Xamar. This is of course insane.

If we want to have a capable federal government we must limit its scope and deepen its focus. The more areas we delegate to the federal gov, the less likely it is to be efficient. I have a deep understanding of how Puntland works, what is possible/impossible, how people living there think, what their priorities are etc.. but I have no idea how Xamar really works or what agricultural policies Koonfur Galbeed needs.

Xasan Sheekh wants ministers sitting in Xamar to have a role in how Puntland manages its rangelands and its fisheries. How can a fisherman in Calula hold some bureaucrat in Wardhiigley accountable? Neither Farmaajo nor Culusow have learned anything from the collapse of the state in 1991. They want to recreate the same failed centralized state. They think they can fix it all, total lack of humility.

Read this good report from the World Bank that presents three directions Somalia could go:
https://documents.worldbank.org/en/.../somalia-moving-the-federalism-agenda-forward

Last edited:

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Federalism should be in somalia but not big it should be smaller districts so one state dosent have too much power, they wouldnt be able to rebel. The central government would be very strong still and each federal state would have 0 say over foreign affairs.... its good because central government wouldnt need to manage everything.

The current Somali constitution, which gives exclusive power over foreign affairs, the military, immigration and monetary policy to the federal government is very similar to Switzerland's federal system. These are massive responsibilities that the federal states have almost no power over.

This means that if we implement the 2012 constitution we can have a lean efficient government. The problem is that too many politicians in Mogadishu want to re-centralize Somalia. They want to run the healthcare system of Bari from Xamar. This is of course insane.

If we want to have a capable federal government we must limit its scope and deepen its focus. The more areas we delegate to the federal gov, the less likely it is to be efficient. I have a deep understanding of how Puntland works, what is possible/impossible, how people living there think, what their priorities are etc.. but I have no idea how Xamar really works or what agricultural policies Koonfur Galbeed needs.

Xasan Sheekh wants ministers sitting in Xamar to have a role in how Puntland manages its rangelands and its fisheries. How can a fisherman in Calula hold some bureaucrat in Wardhiigley accountable? Neither Farmaajo nor Culusow have learned anything from the collapse of the state in 1991. They want to recreate the same failed centralized state. They think they can fix it all, total lack of humility.

Read this good report from the World Bank that presents three directions Somalia could go:
https://documents.worldbank.org/en/.../somalia-moving-the-federalism-agenda-forward
Bro i am talking about this federal council. We can use this to end one man rule .

Federalism should be in somalia but not big it should be smaller districts so one state dosent have too much power, they wouldnt be able to rebel. The central government would be very strong still and each federal state would have 0 say over foreign affairs.... its good because central government wouldnt need to manage everything.
Refusing to open
Screenshot_20240206-035133_Chrome.jpg

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Bro i am talking about this federal council. We can use this to end one man rule .
You idiot... That would be a beaurucratic nightmare... We would never ever recover for the next 1000 years if you tried with a federal council... Have you ever SEEN a local city government council my god that would legit end somalia for good.

Also FMS should not have their own forces but what if we adopted American federalism 18 states.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP

We already have a very powerful council of ministers at the federal level. The council of ministers of Somalia are actually the executive branch of the government, not the president.

The Council of Ministers has never functioned. Almost all of its powers are in effect illegally held by the president. The Council of Ministers is supposed to be running Somalia.

Council.png

We already have a very powerful council of ministers at the federal level. The council of ministers of Somalia are actually the executive branch of the government, not the president.

The Council of Ministers has never functioned. Almost all of its powers are in effect illegally held by the president. The Council of Ministers is supposed to be running Somalia.

View attachment 314731
But bro i want somali president to have no power just like swizerland somalis are to arogant to be trusted imo they wont listen. Swizerland president has no power .
Example if hsm had no power and was only symbolic. The federal council wil work i want copy paste of swizerland model i swear it wil be great also bigest parties included there as well .
Imagine .
Hsm party and saciid deni party and khyre party sharing federal council and making decsion instead of hsm only.

Last edited:

View attachment 314731

Look at this walhi best solution for somalia.

Screenshot_20240206-044622_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240206-044901_Google.jpg

@Step a side
Should we adapt swizerland model.

I like this model. It can work. Right now we can clearly see that central authority is not ideal because no one is trustworthy. Current federal system is also a mess as you have certain states who are bypassing the fgs and making direct deals with the enemy. This is an absolute no-no.

I like this model. It can work. Right now we can clearly see that central authority is not ideal because no one is trustworthy. Current federal system is also a mess as you have certain states who are bypassing the fgs and making direct deals with the enemy. This is an absolute no-no.
Bro in ideal scenerio federal gvt should be controling all borders of somalia but its not the case.
Also see when man been president means his clan wil rule 🤣🤣

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Council Rule will never work for a developing country, let alone a country like somalia. I dont like accusing people of stuff but you guys must be delusional and have qablist mindset

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I think people don't realise that majority of constitutional disagreements have been solved over the years but 7-8 topics still need a comprehensive agreement for the constitution to be completed. HSM brazenly wants to jump over those disagreements by stitching his own constitution disregarding recommendations from heavyweight Somali politicians specially those who hail from his tribe that deep down know his rushed and distorted constitution won't work in this country.

I think people don't realise that majority of constitutional disagreements have been solved over the years but 7-8 topics still need a comprehensive agreement for the constitution to be completed. HSM brazenly wants to jump over those disagreements by stitching his own constitution disregarding recommendations from heavyweight Somali politicians specially those who hail from his tribe that deep down know his rushed and distorted constitution won't work in this country.
Dude average hawiye dont suport his recomendations

Trending

Latest posts