Who were the Harla People and what is their relation to Somalis? Did they contribute to the modern Somali ethnogenesis?

What do you guys think of these tweets? This guy is pretty adamant about the Harla not being Somali

He even claims Zeila is a Harari word lol

@Step a side sorry for the random twitter stuff but thoughts?

What do you guys think of these tweets? This guy is pretty adamant about the Harla not being Somali

He even claims Zeila is a Harari word lol

@Step a side sorry for the random twitter stuff but thoughts?
He is waisting his time lying on twitter. Harla is still in the phases of discovery but there is reason to believe they are the sedentary Somalis who were native to region.

He is waisting his time lying on twitter. Harla is still in the phases of discovery but there is reason to believe they are the sedentary Somalis who were native to region.
Yeah same. I fully read @Shimbiris thread about Bedouins and this thread too and I'm finally convinced that the Harla were sendentary Somalis. No concensus among academia unfortunately but more research needs to be done

Ahmed Guray qabil was never mentioned your book is from the 19th century, that book is history of Harar and Hararis it's missing so many names , dates are also messed up , I doubt they did any research on Tarikh al muluk

Educated Ciise brother from Djibouti even knows the history in the region.

https://x.com/djbawlah/status/1782448347040592255?s=46

IMG_0312.jpeg

Trending