Who wants to apply? UAE to give citizenship finally

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
No they never allowed citizenship before yesterday's announcement.

I think your talking about children of emirati mothers and ajanbi dads who have to wait a very long time almost into adulthood before they can become citizens.

They have allowed citizenship previously.

This announcement expanded the criteria of acceptance and allows dual-citizenship.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a way to import more zionists into their country.

The funniest thing is that right after the uae normalised with the zionists, hotels in dubai started complaining to the government that the jews were stealing everything in from their rooms. They stole the robes, soap, towels, brushes even the clothes hangers!

Almost every steals soaps,brushes hahaha it's a way to re recuperate your loss.
They have allowed citizenship previously.

This announcement expanded the criteria of acceptance and allows dual-citizenship.

No they didn't sxb, where are you getting your news from?

A long time ago I.e 60s to 70s during the creation of the union they gave citizenship to the people living here at the time but not since.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
No they didn't sxb, where are you getting your news from?

Federal law 17 of 1972, which states the rules for gaining, losing or maintaining Emirati citizenship allows for naturalisation.

The criteria for a non-Arab to be naturalised is shown below:

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 4.31.38 pm.png

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
The issue with this legislation was that it had a 30 year clause, which meant that you had to live in the UAE for 30 years continuously and legally.

This is difficult as this means, you have to keep a job in the UAE for 30 years straight without being fired, relocated, demoted or arrested.

Federal law 17 of 1972, which states the rules for gaining, losing or maintaining Emirati citizenship allows for naturalisation.

The criteria for a non-Arab to be naturalised is shown below:

View attachment 169003

It might be there by law but I don't think it ever happened, perhaps not in the last few decades. There are many people who lived here for generations kept jobs for that long and have never been considered for this, it's on paper but not in reality.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
It might be there by law but I don't think it ever happened, perhaps not in the last few decades. There are many people who lived here for generations kept jobs for that long and have never been considered for this, it's on paper but not in reality.

That was my point. They legally allowed citizenship previously, they just tweaked the criteria this time.

Trending

Latest posts