WHO sees decline of HIV prevalence in Somalia from above 1 percent in 2013 to 0.10 percent in 2022

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
2022122638055396157297347.jpg

FILE PHOTO

MOGADISHU- The World Health Organization (WHO) said Thursday it has in partnership with Somalia managed to keep the HIV/Aids prevalence in the country on a steady decline from above 1 percent in 2013 to 0.10 percent in 2022.

In a joint statement issued in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia to mark World Aids Day, the WHO said that together with the ministry of health, they have managed to keep the country since 2014 classified as a low-level HIV epidemic country.

"This success rate has been achieved on account of WHO's close monitoring of the HIV/AIDS situation in the country including ensuring equitable access to patient care, close follow-up of patients who are on ART and regular monitoring of clinical conditions of the HIV/AIDS patients," WHO said.

It said the HIV prevalence among the general population has seen statistically a significant decline, with the most recent 2018 sentinel survey showing that antenatal HIV prevalence dropped to 0.15 percent in Somaliland, 0.17 percent in Puntland and 0.04 percent in South Central Somalia.

William Rogers Busulwa, WHO's Medical Officer for HIV/AIDS welcomed the reported decline in the prevalence of AIDS in Somalia but noted that more efforts are still needed to contain the situation.

"We still have a lot of ground to cover to ensure that communities and especially high-risk segments of society are regularly and consistently engaged for raising awareness about the deadly disease, in addition to infected people are given equitable means of getting treatment without any fear of ostracization," Busulwa said.

WHO called on global leaders and citizens to boldly recognize and address the inequalities which are holding back progress in ending AIDS, and equalize access to essential HIV services, particularly for children and key population groups who are at risk of contracting HIV/AIDS.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
LIES.

Count the Somalis with Cancer and Diabetes. HIV COVER UP

Probably their earlier numbers were fake and an estimate
Some guy made a thread here a couple of years ago claiming a number through some health agency (might be the same one, can't remember), that I immediately deemed too high (around ten times larger, similar to this correction). I checked the numbers, the real ones, and concluded they had grossly inflated number ratio from the actual numbers that were available through the databases. Somehow there were still fools who preferred the 1% fed to them, uncritically. I think I literally wrote 0.1% too.

Don't cheer so early.

Somali attitudes towards Sexual Health

• Have you seen how Somalis behave when it comes to sexual health? There was a topic a few days ago regarding if people would get STD testing BEFORE marriage and a lot of people were aghast at the idea!
  • There are men who fornicate with Xabashi prostitutes and then they lay with their halal wives. These unsuspecting women then pass on the disease to their child through breastfeeding.
  • In addition to this, there are rumours of teens in Somalia who fornicate with each other, do you think they use protection?
  • Rape cases in Somalia, most of whom are covered up- do you think they get tested for STDs/HIV at hospitals?? Is it even reported?
  • HIV patients are also ostracised by society, so who do you think is willing to come forward to get tested?

Medical Malpractice HIV

I read a report on a Muslim country, where they mentioned that HIV was spread through medical malpractice. Do you think anyone is checking on the health clinics in Somalia? Don't be surprised if they reuse needles and don't clean equipment properly. There are plenty of doctors, mostly foreign, with fake medical degrees.

In short, get tested before and during marriage. Try to be careful when dealing with 'Doctors' in Somalia, only go to verified people with very good reputations. Try to spread awareness on sexual health with your friends and family. And pray to Allah to keep us all safe.

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, the following hadith outlines the story of a Bedouin man who was leaving his camel without tying it.

The Prophet (PBUH) asked him β€œWhy don't you tie down your camel?”

The Bedouin answered, β€œI put my trust in Allah.”

The Prophet then replied, β€œTie your camel first, and then put your trust in Allah.”

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Typical Xaliimos are talking about HIV in LIVE tik tok nowadays. Its like a casual talk. While "I" gariiir when HIV is brought up in a conversation.
1669993284173.png

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I don't believe that. Zina is higher than people think in Somalia.

HIV is like Flu in my neck of the wood. I can't count how many acquaintances, family and friends have it.

Sadly even with somali diasporas they act like STD/STI testing is something so shameful when it could easily save so many lives if they just put shame and pride to the side. And with the purity culture we have with haweenta, it’s mostly them getting the short end of the stick. Now bc u didn’t wanna speak up and ask for a test before ur wedding night, ur taking PEP through your honeymoon praying the nigga u laid up and made oaths with hasn't just put a death sentence on u.

Trending