Who is Patrice Lumumba? Congo's independence hero | I Gotta Story to Tell | Episode 17

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I feel like you have to somehow find a way to be two-tiered as a good leader of weaker 3rd world countries. On the one hand seek the betterment and best possible outcome for your people but on the other end don't be openly anti-western or anti-world powers and do a delicate dance between getting your folk their bread and letting these powers get their loaf too, as unjust as that is. You can slap them off once you have the power to decades down the line. Start barking at them before that and you get CIA-ed or they arm and fund militias against you.

Let them have their large cuts of your ports, let them loot your waters, let them take a cut of your uranium or oil or whatever else like you're a satrapy and make it clear you will make it safe and stable for them to do so and, in the meantime, use the break from their terroristic operations to develop. Develop so you can become an economic powerhouse and build assets and lobbying interests in their lands so that one day, like with the Khaleejis, the imperialist wakes up and realizes his satrap now has a financial footing in his very own capital and that it would be bad for the global economy if he went under and then there will be some equity.

Last edited:

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I feel like you have to somehow find a way to be two-tiered as a good leader of weaker 3rd world countries. On the one hand seek the betterment and best possible outcome for your people but on the other end don't be openly anti-western or anti-world powers and do a delicate dance between getting your folk their bread and letting these powers get their loaf too, as unjust as that is. You can b*tch slap them off once you have the power to decades down the line. Start barking at them before that and you get CIA-ed or they arm and fund militias against you.

Let them have their large cuts of your ports, let them loot your waters, let them take a cut of your uranium or oil or whatever else like you're a satrapy and make it clear you will make it safe and stable for them to do so and, in the meantime, use the break from their terroristic operations to develop. Develop so you can become an economic powerhouse and build assets and lobbying interests in their lands so that one day, like with the Khaleejis, the imperialist wakes up and realizes his satrap now has a financial footing in his very own capital and that it would be bad for the global economy if he went under and then there will be some equity.
If this is the only option poorer nations have, we are truly living in dark times

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
If this is the only option poorer nations have, we are truly living in dark times

Hasn't it been the case since the inception of civilization, abaayo? If anything, it's a little better nowadays. In the past they'd legit conquer you, call you a part of their country/empire formally, try to colonize you or wipe you out, force their culture and religion down your throat, take a certain portion of your people as slaves and so forth. Nowadays it's often just "I'm the boss and I'll eat my cut of your cake but otherwise you can have your religion, your language, your culture and flourish if you can accept that" like the Americans with the Khaleejis and the Japanese and that's better even if it's still shitty.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Hasn't it been the case since the inception of civilization, abaayo? If anything, it's a little better nowadays. In the past they'd legit conquer you, call you a part of their country/empire formally, try to colonize you or wipe you out, force their culture and religion down your throat, take a certain portion of your people as slaves and so forth. Nowadays it's often just "I'm the boss and I'll eat my cut of your cake but otherwise you can have your religion, your language, your culture and flourish if you can accept that" like the Americans with the Khaleejis and the Japanese and that's better even if it's still shitty.
If you put it like that it doesn’t sound too bad lol. It’s just that their methods are so sophisticated and subtle that most wouldn’t even notice. A conquered people still thinking they have freedom and options. At least back then it was easy to know who the enemy was. These days they masquerade as allies. What’s worse being physically captive or mentally captive?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
If you put it like that it doesn’t sound too bad lol. It’s just that their methods are so sophisticated and subtle that most wouldn’t even notice. A conquered people still thinking they have freedom and options. At least back then it was easy to know who the enemy was. These days they masquerade as allies. What’s worse being physically captive or mentally captive?

At least in this case you have a chance to build up wealth, gain some financial standing among them and then it can become a bit more equal or you can essentially ouster them in time. I mean the gulf states have quite seriously bought many US politicians and have lots of assets in American and European enterprises and with or without oil are very important allies for the west to try and maintain so they can get away with saying stuff like this to a country like Canada:

The US and many western powers legit look the other way for a lot of stuff the gulf states do. Hell, the Saudis have so far pretty much gotten away with Khasoggi's murder. It is not really a super-power dictating to his adoon relationship and part of that was part of the original understanding of staying out of their affairs in exchange for eating their cake with them and part of it has a lot to do with how the Khaleejis have secured power for themselves over-time. The west has to tip toe around them and negotiate.

Last edited:
I think it is nuts to push defeatism. The people who push it will say it's "wisdom," "being smart," "being realistic," etc.

It's being a coward.

You might win, you might lose. You have to be ready to stand for what's right regardless of consequences.

To accept defeatism isn't "being smart". It's being a coward.

With every generation you have your types who are like the Mad Mullah, who are like Lumumba- then you have the types who are cowards. You have to decide which you want to be. My belief is la ilaha illAllah.

Do you fear them? But Allah has more right that you should fear Him, if you are [truly] believers.

-Surah At-Tawbah 9:13

Even with the first Muslims- when the time came, you had the warriors who fought on the front lines and the cowards who stayed at home.

Last edited:

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
At least in this case you have a chance to build up wealth, gain some financial standing among them and then it can become a bit more equal or you can essentially ouster them in time. I mean the gulf states have quite seriously bought many US politicians and have lots of assets in American and European enterprises and with or without oil are very important allies for the west to try and maintain so they can get away with saying stuff like this to a country like Canada:

The US and many western powers legit look the other way for a lot of stuff the gulf states do. Hell, the Saudis have so far pretty much gotten away with Khasoggi's murder. It is not really a super-power dictating to his adoon relationship and part of that was part of the original understanding of staying out of their affairs in exchange for eating their cake with them and part of it has a lot to do with how the Khaleejis have secured power for themselves over-time. The west has to tip toe around them and negotiate.
Good point. I think this would be acceptable if we had leaders in Africa who actually cared to improve the living standards of the people. Such an arrangement only gives power to the political class. It’s very rare to come across principled leaders in this day and age.

Can you imagine how much you gotta hate someone to not only want him dead, but you don't even want him burried, you want him GONE GONE and keeping a small piece of that body as a trophy :mjkkk:

Wallahi these people are devils :wow: :wow: :wow:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
To accept defeatism isn't "being smart". It's being a coward.

With all due respect, this sounds very childish. It's all well and good to be brave when it's just you and your life at stake. I personally don't cling to my own life enough to mind rising up and fighting someone trying to rule me to the death but what about my children? Or my wife? And in the case of a leader, what about your people? It's all well and good to talk in this silly and childish way when you have no responsibilities other than yourself in life but when you realize the lives and futures of millions of people are in your hands as a leader and that there are starving people and orphans and overall destitute folk everywhere in your country it is frankly more difficult and adult to set your pride aside, accept that your enemies are stronger than you and not put the entire nation through another 30 years of hell and terrorism for your ego.

Besides, it is not defeatism in the least. This harks back to something I said in another thread which is that many a Geeljire seems to not grasp the long-game. Observe the Khaleejis. They were essentially the lapdogs of the West at one point but now? Bow your head for a time so that you can sharpen a knife behind your back and when the bastards grow comfortable, complacent and weaker and you grow stronger you can rise again to bury it in their throat. The long-game, abowe. Not defeatism. Don't let this be lost on you.

Besides, any idea that Western imperialism is invincible.... if you really believe that, you don't understand current events.

Never suggested anything of the sort. America's influence is waning. Europe is already a toothless Lion that is less relevant on the world-stage than China. A multi-polar world is the future by all means but the tactics haven't changed much. A lot of these new emerging powers behave the same way as the old ones like how these gulf states fund terrorists and back dictators who fit their goals for the foreign country.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
With all due respect, this sounds very childish. It's all well and good to be brave when it's just you and your life at stake. I personally don't cling to my own life enough to mind rising up and fighting someone trying to rule me to the death but what about my children? Or my wife? And in the case of a leader, what about your people? It's all well and good to talk in this silly and childish way when you have no responsibilities other than yourself in life but when you realize the lives and futures of millions of people are in your hands as a leader and that there are starving people and orphans and overall destitute folk everywhere in your country it is frankly more difficult and adult to set your pride aside, accept that your enemies are stronger than you and not put the entire nation through another 30 years of hell and terrorism for your ego.

Besides, it is not defeatism in the least. This harks back to something I said in another thread which is that many a Geeljire seems to not grasp the long-game. Observe the Khaleejis. They were essentially the lapdogs of the West at one point but now? Bow your head for a time so that you can sharpen a knife behind your back and when the bastards grow comfortable, complacent and weaker and you grow stronger you can rise again to bury it in their throat. The long-game, abowe. Not defeatism. Don't let this be lost on you.

Never suggested anything of the sort. America's influence is waning. Europe is already a toothless Lion that is less relevant on the world-stage than China. A multi-polar world is the future by all means but the tactics haven't changed much. A lot of these new emerging powers behave the same way as the old ones like how these gulf states fund terrorists and back dictators who fit their goals for the foreign country.
Good analysis

With all due respect, this sounds very childish. It's all well and good to be brave when it's just you and your life at stake. I personally don't cling to my own life enough to mind rising up and fighting someone trying to rule me to the death but what about my children? Or my wife?

You can frame it however you like but it's better to be like King Faizal.

The early Muslims had wives and kids. They still fought the mushrikeen. In fact, the Quran specifically says

Say, [O Muḥammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihād [i.e., striving] in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people."

-Surah At-Tawbah 9:24

You are basically following the exact same logic that the Quran warned against.

By your logic, if you had been one of the early Muslims you might have said "with all due respect, that is very childish. of course, if it was just me, I'd go fight the mushrikeen but I have my wife and kids to take care of. plus there's my relatives."

The Quran warns against basically that exact same argument. It was an argument used by some of the cowards in those days.

Last edited:
Furthermore, study the history of the caliphates of Umar ibn Al-Khattab and Abu Bakr. They were not cowardly. By your logic, you would call them as childish.

If you watch the video, Lumumba used the Soviets as a counterweight to the West. The modern-day equivalent would be working with China. That is what Turkey and Pakistan are doing.

Which terrorist groups are backed by China? Which Muslim countries have been invaded by China? Which Muslim countries have had Chinese-backed coups when the leaders refused to bow to China?

Trending

Latest posts