Who Is A Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
I bumped into a Isaaq guy on Thursday who went on and on about "midnimo" so i asked him these questions:

Who is a somali (ethnically)?

What makes them ethnically somali?

Is it the Somali language that bonds tribes? If thats the case, are non-afmaxa speaking tribes Somali?

Different tribes have different tradition. For example the Hawiyes specifically the Abgaal do Niiko but Northern tribes reject/ridicule it. Another example Isaaqs and some Darood make Xeedho for weddings but southern tribes dont. So what is Somali tradition and what isn't?

Were the somali speaking tribes ever united in history (prior to 1960 and the colonial period)?

What bonds the different tribes other than Islam?

What if the Muslims of the horn of Africa were to unite would you be with it or against it?

A Somali is a fully ethnic Somali (both parents are ethnic Somali) who comes from a Somalia. They also come from a Somali clan.

A half-Somali even with a qabiil isn't a "Somali" due to one of their parents not being a Somali.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Someone who has Somali DNA
I don't know if you know but majority of "Somalis" don't share DNA.
A Somali is a fully ethnic Somali (both parents are ethnic Somali) who comes from a Somalia. They also come from a Somali clan.

A half-Somali even with a qabiil isn't a "Somali" due to one of their parents not being a Somali.
Who is a somali ethnically? Just answer the questions in the 1st post init.
E-V32 or ur a guest :ohno:
Suugo science :mjlol:

Ducaale

President 2k20

Don't be a retard bro Somali people do share common DNA and common ancestry.

Disagree with this you are somali as long as your father is somali doesn't matter if the mother is cadaan or madow whatever she might be.
In our culture waxaan ku abtiri Sanaa aabaha.

Cyberborg

My heart is in Dhoqoshay
in islam anyone who speak arabic is arab so anyone who want to be somali can be somali nationalism is haram, but u can adopt or be another muslim group

You want a qabiil-like answer don't you? :mjpls:

I already answered it, an ethnic Somali is a Somali who's ancestors are from Somalia.

Disagree with this you are somali as long as your father is somali doesn't matter if the mother is cadaan or madow whatever she might be.

I know what our culture says, i'm a Somali Supremacist, I don't consider halfies, "Somali".

LOL nah if they look somali they can be called it. If they are half and don't look Somali they won't be considered it. Hell I know FULL somalis that look too Madow and aren't considered somali.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Someone whose abtiris goes up to either dir, Hawiye, Daarood or Rahanweyn. And all other irir samaales, samaales and Sab. All descendants of hiil. Anything else is a sheegato IMO. Don't trust these assimilated Oromos and shidh mane

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Don't be a retard bro Somali people do share common DNA and common ancestry.
So those who don't have the "common" DNA aren't somali? So xamar cadcads, barwanis, bantus... arent somali?
Yes they do. The Ethnic Somalis do. VERY similar to other Afro-Asianics in the Horn.

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004393
Cant be asked to go through it. Could you please take screenshots of the evidence.
in islam anyone who speak arabic is arab so anyone who want to be somali can be somali nationalism is haram, but u can adopt or be another muslim group
Shouldn't we just claim our tribes instead of "somali"?
I already answered it, an ethnic Somali is a Somali who's ancestors are from Somalia.
So xamar cadcads, barwanis, bantus... are somali?

LOL nah if they look somali they can be called it. If they are half and don't look Somali they won't be considered it. Hell I know FULL somalis that look too Madow and aren't considered somali.
What? So you will call them somali if they look somali but you won't if they didn't.
what if they were two brothers and one looked Somali and the other didn't? How would that work?

Ducaale

President 2k20
So those who don't have the "common" DNA aren't somali? So xamar cadcads, barwanis, bantus... arent somali?

Cant be asked to go through it. Could you please take screenshots of the evidence.

Shouldn't we just claim our tribes instead of "somali"?

So xamar cadcads, barwanis, bantus... are somali?
Yes Bantus and cad cads ain't Somalis common knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending