Who has a home in somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
How many square feet is a typical plot? And how much does it cost?

Last edited:
It is a word, what else you thought it was?. It's a contraction of the two words "kind of". Where do you study?

Go learn some grammar stuff, kiddo!

:umwhat: Stop tryna act educated and go back to the drawing board for once!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I need English lessons with you can we Skype I'll pay you one Somali shilling

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
I need English lessons with you can we Skype I'll pay you one Somali shilling
Where you at? :ummhmm:

If you're in Somalia atm, I may make it free for you. You can save up your somali shillings. :cool:

If not, and you are in US, then you have to pay. "Ain't nobody got time for jobs with no pay $$$.:umad:

Where you at? :ummhmm:

If you in Somalia, I may make it free for you. You can save up your somali shillings. :cool:

If not, and you are in US, then you have to pay. "Ain't nobody got time for jobs with no pay $$$.:umad:
What do you do in real life are you a journalist a engEngl teacher a tutor what

Do you guys think there should be a limit on diaspora owning property and land in Somalia, isn't contributing to prices going through the roof

How can a worker in somalia compete with someone with money from the west

Do you guys think there should be a limit on diaspora owning property and land in Somalia, isn't contributing to prices going through the roof

That is a good question.
jakee.gif

That is a good question.
View attachment 61578

The land either sits unutilised (occasional holdiay by the diaspora family) or locals are getting squeezed by high rents by diaspora landlords (which leave the country and thus the economy). The worst part without a doubt is the fact that they pay zero property taxes, its essentially a blackhole in the local economy.

Local governments should definately slap a fat tax on diaspora properties and invest in public services and social housing.

The land either sits unutilised (occasional holdiay by the diaspora family) or locals are getting squeezed by high rents by diaspora landlords (which leave the country and thus the economy). The worst part without a doubt is the fact that they pay zero property taxes, its essentially a blackhole in the local economy.

Local governments should definately slap a fat tax on diaspora properties and invest in public services and social housing.
You know, i was going to take advantage of my financial position by investing on lands there in the future while it's still cheap, but i see the problem it causes when a wave of somali individuals from the diaspora jumps on the same trend. It creates a ton of short-term and long-term problems for the locals and the economy as you've pointed out.

I'm still going to buy land tough. If i don't do it, somebody else will. The outcome will still be the same, so would rather take advantage of the opportunity.

And don't forget that most of the lands in the country are mostly empty, the human density is 19.31/square km. Poor people will have to move to villages and buy homes there cheaper, and make new comunities in the process.

An urban city like Hargeisa has many problems with it's infrastructure and water shortages, so less human settlements there is best for everybody.

Last edited:

Kratos

Sonder
2 small houses in Kismayo, stolen land in Xamar and 2 land plots in Bosaso

Yes. The neighbourhood in bosaso in which my family owns land is just a bunch of empty plots owned by diaspora. Most of them bought the land with ayuuto money and they can't afford to finish house construction yet so they just leave it empty for a while

Post a picture of what kind of house you will build. I want to see who has good taste. I will build one in my grandmother's hometown of hargeisa and one in my fathers. My grandfather's land in erigavo would be good to build a farm house.

Armada-House1.jpg
Amazing-Gigantic-Mega-Mansion-Design-Proposal-Le-Domaine-Des-Ch%C3%AAnes_3-1000x580.jpg
Unrealistic for Africa let alone Somali

My family has a new house we just built in Mogadishu. Inshallah I hope to build my own one day as well. I’m just worried about the pricing in the capital though. It’s already so expensive. Imagine how it’ll be in a decades’s time.
:noneck:

How many square feet is a typical plot? And how much does it cost?
20 meters by 20 meters
depends on the location. Some go for 500 dollars. Others 200k. Somalis like plots that are near the city. So city real estate is expensive. Dad purchased 1 plot in hargeysa xafada calamadha for 18k. Now its worth 38k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts