Who do you guys think is the greatest general in history?

Somali Hannibal

I stay solo cruising
I would say it was Hannibal,
the loyalty of his men that stayed by his side for close to 2 decades through, Spain and all of Italy to the desert of Libya,
the fact that he was commanding 6 different culturally and linguistically different people's on the battlefield at the same time,
The fact that the entire campaign was largely funded by himself off the mining caves in Iberia where his father and uncle would die trying to get control of
The battle of Trebia river where he used one consul's brashness and another consuls cautious against each other,
The battle of lake Tresamine where he laid the plans for the greatest ambush in all of history which he executed flawlessly
The battle of Cannae where he encircled and butcherd the Roman legions
In the less than 20 months 1 in 5 Roman men had died in these 3 battles
If it wasn't for the old rich family politicians of Carthage whom would rather see the Barca name dragged through mud than see the destruction of Rome. Ironically it was them that pressured Hannibal to take the untrained young recruits to battle of field of Zama instead if paying well trained Mercenaries to fight in the most important battle of their time

Napoleon or Alexander the Great or Prophet Muxammed (SWS)
49E0430D-3B26-432F-80A9-3F443AA1161A.png

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
The answer would be someone who never lost. So the greatest generals are Alexander the Great and Marcus Aurelius if I remember correctly.

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
I would say it was Hannibal,
the loyalty of his men that stayed by his side for close to 2 decades through, Spain and all of Italy to the desert of Libya,
the fact that he was commanding 6 different culturally and linguistically different people's on the battlefield at the same time,
The fact that the entire campaign was largely funded by himself off the mining caves in Iberia where his father and uncle would die trying to get control of
The battle of Trebia river where he used one consul's brashness and another consuls cautious against each other,
The battle of lake Tresamine where he laid the plans for the greatest ambush in all of history which he executed flawlessly
The battle of Cannae where he encircled and butcherd the Roman legions
In the less than 20 months 1 in 5 Roman men had died in these 3 battles
If it wasn't for the old rich family politicians of Carthage whom would rather see the Barca name dragged through mud than see the destruction of Rome. Ironically it was them that pressured Hannibal to take the untrained young recruits to battle of field of Zama instead if paying well trained Mercenaries to fight in the most important battle of their time
@Somali Hannibal,

Khalid ibn al Walid r.a

Best,

Faahiye

I know it’s biased but you can’t compare him to couple people who never took an L and captured vast lands against actual empires. Xaarbashi was always weak the only thing they ever had on us was organization
It is not his fault he didn’t have their resources. What he managed to achieve with what we had is more impressive to me.

Trending