Who built the lighthouse of barawa?

Hamzza

VIP
I'm hearing the portuguese built chilani lighthouse of baraawe is that true?

download (8).jpeg

Most likely the Ajuran Empire built the light house. Mogadishu and Barawa were both main cities of the Empire and their sea trade went as far as China. They were the first African Kingdom to send an ambassador to China. They also defeated the Portuguese Invaders.

Hamzza

VIP
Most likely the Ajuran Empire built the light house. Mogadishu and Barawa were both main cities of the Empire and their sea trade went as far as China. They were the first African Kingdom to send an ambassador to China. They also defeated the Portuguese Invaders.
Locals are saying portugals built this lighthouse.

Do you know any other lighthouse built by the ajuran?

Based

VIP
Ajuran empire built that not langaab Portuguese. Portuguese didn’t dare build on our lands we aren’t Swahilis.

Hamzza

VIP
It's confirmed the italians built this lighthouse and the one in mogadishu.
Infact all the lighthouses in somalia were built by italy.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
@Hamzza back with the coonery and the historal revisionism. Niyow soomali waa landhere be proud of your people’s accomplishments and stop pinning it on ajnabis for once

Hamzza

VIP
@Hamzza back with the coonery and the historal revisionism. Niyow soomali waa landhere be proud of your people’s accomplishments and stop pinning it on ajnabis for once
Our history is alreads great we don't need the shitt that is written n wikipedia it's embrassing walaahi.

IMG_20211231_161245.jpg

Last edited:

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
the one in mogadishu was built by somalis, the one in barawa was built by italians

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
All were built by mr italy
Somalians didn't build a shit
the person that build the tower is literally buried there. Honestly i have seen you on this thread many times just hating on somalis, and yet you somehow claim to be one. i am pretty sure your a langaab with no history at all

Som

VIP
The Mogadishu lighthouse was built on a pre existing one. I'll look for the source.
Anyway Italian destroyed a lot of stuff in xamar. Did you know Mogadishu was a walled city? The Italians destroyed the wall

Som

VIP
All were built by mr italy
Somalians didn't build a shit
First you say Portuguese. Then you say Italians. If Italians did we would know it for sure. Here is my source to deny your claims. This book Esplorazione Commerciale (Commercial exploration) is an Italian book that reports facts on many areas of Africa from 1891. This the quote
Sull'isolotto Barette esistono le vestigia di un faro, di ignota fondazione, you can easily translate it on Google. " On the island of Barette there are the remains of a lighthouse of UNKNOWN foundation."
It wasn't Italian, the Italians found the lighthouse when they came in Barawe and had no idea who built it. They never suggested that it was the Portuguese, the source suggests it may be an indication of Barawe being an Arab commercial colony but since early Italian sources often conflate Arabs and Somalis it's likely that the lighthouse was built by natives of Barawe
CASE CLOSED.

Hamzza

VIP
The Mogadishu lighthouse was built on a pre existing one. I'll look for the source.
Anyway Italian destroyed a lot of stuff in xamar. Did you know Mogadishu was a walled city? The Italians destroyed the wall
We have pre-colonial photos of mogadishu, i'm sure there was no lighthouse in mogadishu only the minarets of some old masjids.
Yes i know that they destroyed the wall to make space for the expansion of the city.

Trending

Latest posts