Who are the most Cushitic ancestrally?

So far as Dna shows Somalis are the most Cushitic ethnicity in Africa, so who is 2,3,4,5,6,7 can you guys try to make a list?

What i know so far is that:

A-Oromo: Their percentage is hard to calculate, because of Borana/kenya and maybe Ethiopia scoring very high next Spmalis,
and the Oromos in Ethiopia scoring less 35% at most.

B-Beja: I know them, because i studied them, they are not only Cushitic, they have complete Clans that look like they are Arabs.

C-Anfar- I don't know how much Cushitic they are, there is not a lot of information online.

Apollo

VIP
Ancestrally, the most Cushitic samples so far we have are some of those Ancient South Cushites (extinct population) sampled some time ago:

For modern-day groups, it's Somalis and then Afars, then it quickly drops off because of either Omotic, Nilotic, or Semitic admixture (often combined) in many of those other groups. This study on Ethiopia pretty much covered most of the relevant ones:

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Ancestrally, the most Cushitic samples so far we have are some of those Ancient South Cushites (extinct population) sampled some time ago:

For modern-day groups, it's Somalis and then Afars, then it quickly drops off because of either Omotic, Nilotic, or Semitic admixture (often combined) in many of those other groups. This study on Ethiopia pretty much covered most of the relevant ones:

whats the cushitic % of the average somali

Apollo

VIP
@BetterDaysAhead & @Warsame The Strategist

high 80s maximum, low 70s at the minumum. It depends. Somewhere in that range.

Somalis are not the same as the proto-Cushites because of the additional Nilotic (acquired in North Sudan/West Eritrea) and Horn of Africa hunter-gatherer (in Somalia mostly) that was acquired after the proto-Cushite days.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
@Apollo Off topic but what do you know about the Toubou/Tebu people, Black Nomads of Chad/Libya? Is there anything interesting genetically about them?

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo Off topic but what do you know about the Toubou/Tebu people, Black Nomads of Chad/Libya? Is there anything interesting genetically about them?

Study on them:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
so south somalia wasnt the location they were absorbed into somalis?

They lived in various parts of Somaliweyn, see this quote by EDSomali:

However, their population density may have been higher between the two rivers because of more hunting opportunities. But they lived elsewhere as well.

iNGl9ch.png

Source.

It seems as though the people of northern Somalia were distinct from those who lived in Southern Somalia at the Buur Heybe site.

I wonder if these people were the ones to draw the Laas Geel paintings, also they could explain some of the East African lineages only found in HOAs as they extended far into Ethiopia.

More about this culture here.
More about the variants here.

Apollo

VIP
How do you think a pure cushite would have looked? Same as modern Somalis? Or fairer or darker ect?

We can't say with certainty because they no longer exist, but you can probably make assumptions based on the phenotypes present between Upper Egypt and Eritrea today.

We can't say with certainty because they no longer exist, but you can probably make assumptions based on the phenotypes present between Upper Egypt and Eritrea today.

Few Somalis have retained the original proto Cushite phenotype but they’re rare.

I think the original Cushites had more Caucasoid features and they were light to reddish brown in color. Similar to some modern populations in Upper Egypt (mainly Copts).

Trending