Who are some big Somali figures you admire?

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Sayyid Mohamed Abdulle Hassan (anti colonial fighter)
Adan cadde (first president )
Abdullahi Ciise (nationalist politician)
Cumar Samatar (anti colonial fighter)
Xirsi Boqor (anti colonial fighter)
Shaykh Hassan Barsane (anti colonial fighter)
Xaawo tako (anti colonial fighter)
Caraweelo (legendary somali queen)
Hadraawi (poet)
Careys Ciise kaarshe (poet)
Cabdullahi Suldaan Timacade (poet)
All the 13 founders of the Somali Youth League
Axmed Guray(yes i know there is no proof he was somali, but he became a symbol of somali nationalism)

how could I forget Xaawo Taako! Legend of a woman.

All the participants of the Lafoole Massacre. I wish I was there alongside them. :salute:

Also Pilot Axmed Dheere he refused to bomb Hargeisa during the War.

Hussein Sheikh Ahmed Kaddare. Adeer created his own Somali script at the age of 21.

Sheikh Cali Sheikh Maxamuud Sheikh Cali Dheere for establishing the Islamic Courts in Somalia and kharbaashing Moryaans.

Abdirahman Ahmed Ali Tuur, first president of Somaliland

64B52382-C93C-4DF2-BFDB-A16851992DC2.jpeg

As well as everyone else you guys mentioned, especially Aden Adde AUN

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
All of Geledi rulers. If you learn their history then you would be amazed too. I will mention other Somali legends that weren't mentioned here.
  • Ibrahim Dheere (1st Geledi Ruler)
  • Mahamud Ibrahim (2nd Geledi Ruler)
  • Yusuf Mahamud Ibrahim (3rd Geledi Ruler)
  • Ahmed Yusuf (4rth Geledi Ruler)
  • Osman Ahmed (Last Geledi Ruler)
  • Sheikh Madar founder of Modern Hargeisa who improved the regional trade and preserved the Qadiriyya school.
  • Sheikh Uways who led the Ikhwaan and led the Banadir revolt
  • Sharmarke Ali Saleh ruler of Zeila, Berbera, and Tadjoura. He had influence over Shewa, Harar, and Danakil coast. He would extract tribute from them and was regarded as the African Rothchild due to his immense wealth.
  • Haji Sudi one of the founders of the Dervish movements, second in charge after Sayid Muhammed and who had influence over the Habar Jeclo clan.
  • Sultan Nur Ahmed Aman was the Sultan of Habar Yoonis and one of the founders and top commanders of the Dervish movement.
  • Sheikh Bashir Yusuf revived the Dervish movement and defeated the British army several times until in the end he was betrayed by his own men over money.
  • Muhammad Haji Ibrahim Egal managed to disarm local rebel groups, stabilized the northwestern Somaliland region's economy, and established informal trade ties with foreign countries. He also introduced the Somaliland shilling, passport, and a newly redesigned flag. In addition, Egal created the Somaliland Armed Forces, the most effective Somali armed forces since the disbandment of the Somali National Army in 1991.

This is based on influential Somali leaders but I can probably think of more if we're not thinking of the leading aspect.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
AUN to the legendary Abdulrahim Abby Farah who ended the Apartheid and served as the Undersecretary-General of the United Nations, Somalia representative to the UN & Ambassador of Ethiopia.

Click it and read the whole thread of his history.

Last edited:
Hadraawi (poet)
Axmed Guray(yes i know there is no proof he was somali, but he became a symbol of somali nationalism)
No mention of Singub,Dhoodan or Sayyidka in the poetic section ?

Poets

Dhoodaan
M.C.Singub
Raage Ugaas
Sayyidka
Timacade
M.C.BeenaleeY
Qamaan
Calidhuux
Xarbi

Suldan Magan Yuusuf
Suldan Cabdi Ibraahim
Suldaan Xasan Barjan

Three OG warrior sultans who conquered Jubaland and Tanaland in 1860s

Garaad Maqtal
Wiil Waal

Hadraawi (poet)
Add Siad Barre to that list AUN

Col. Abdullahi Irad, he was a military commander who was fighting ethiopia in the 90’s under the group called Al-Ittihad Al-Islamia to liberate Somali land under ethiopian occupation and unite it with Somalia to create an Islamic emirate. He started the job we’ll finish it.

Trending