White people are blocking a school being named after Hodan Nalayeh

The school in question Vaughan Secondary school in the Greater Toronto Area is to be renamed after complaints about the school being named after a racist man Benjamin Vaughan. But the city the school is in is also named Vaughan. Are they going to change that too?
696ECA65-5709-406B-B3D7-59D48CE5FB3F.gif

Anyways a number of names were suggested and a vote was done. Surprisingly the late Hodan Nalayeh beat out famous people such as NBA player Andrew Wiggins, Canadian legend Alex Trebek and Black civil rights activist Viola Desmond.

85D2706A-21A2-4EE8-8E97-177A1C312747.gif

A local white politician has gotten wind of this and is trying to stop this from happening.

what are your thoughts? I think it’s cool to see a school named after a Somali woman.

"He was also a fierce defender of the slave trade and owned several hundred slaves throughout his lifetime. "
you guys still want to honor his name?
-
Hodan Nalayeh
"In 2014, Nalayeh founded Integration TV, the first English-language TV show for Somalis around the world, which she also frequently hosted. Nalayeh called her project “the first TV channel dedicated to Somali narrative" in a promotional video on YouTube."

Hodan had big plans for Somalia, than she was killed. Hodan Naalaye’s main purpose was to showcase the beauty and love in Somalia, regardless of the chaos. She wanted us to understand that being Somali is the biggest blessings. We cannot be discouraged. We cannot allow this to make us look away. We cannot let her vision disappear.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
She's leading the votes and Vaughan was her city I think it will go through

the York Region District School Board is notorious for having some racist upper staff and supervisors - it's a big problem when the top levels are toxic

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
I can’t wait for the cadaan tears when the school is named after Hodan Nalaye (AUN)

Joliemademoiselle

A pious muslima.
Stupid, what a useless thing to fight for when somali community has much more problem... starting by what killed hodan herself aun... May Allah guide us all.

Trending

Latest posts