White backlash on Twitter because the netflix show Luke cage is "too black"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
´
If these haters crying about this just watch when the Black panther movie drops with an all black cast

WkoW7.gif

Odeg

Gedo
Most of these movies are made towards a white audience and they feel comfortable with their own. Its normal behavior bro.

Mercury

VIP
Most of these movies are made towards a white audience and they feel comfortable with their own. Its normal behavior bro.

Yeah but its werid how they gonna sit there complain about lack of diversity in this show look at those white shows seinfeld, friends and dawsons creek

I've seen it all and didn't realise how black it was till now. The only significant white character in the show is the glasses dude.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
:drakelaugh:The nerves of these people. When movies about ancient egypt, China, japan and pretty much just about every civilization is played by white actors, they don't say a thing.

Last edited:

Mercury

VIP
:leon::leon:
:drakelaugh:The nerves of these people. When movies about ancient egypt, China, japan and pretty much just about every civilization is played by white actors, they don't see a thing.

criticism.jpg

Black directors do a good job though didnt knew Imaan and MJ were in this movie

tumblr_lv74k1citg1qetdx5o1_1280.jpg

VixR

Veritas
Hilarious:ftw9nwa::yloezpe:

They're not used to being the minority, it's as simple as that. The token white guy on the set.

It's not like there haven't been other mostly black shows throughout the years though. I think the Marvel aspect adds to it.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
cadaan ppl say the darndest things :russ:. s/o to this lady tho, she gets it

might have to peep this show :leon:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
:leon::leon:

criticism.jpg

Black directors do a good job though didnt knew Imaan and MJ were in this movie

tumblr_lv74k1citg1qetdx5o1_1280.jpg

:drakelaugh::drakelaugh: cadaans claiming Ancient Egypt is the most funniest thing I have seen. I am pretty sure those people on the paintings would have been classified as "blacks" in contemporary America

VixR

Veritas
It's especially funny as Harlem has been considered the Mecca for everything black.
:mjlol:
I've heard Harlem is becoming Whiter by the day, but it's still mostly Black geez, esp per the setting in the comics lol.

These ppl need to shut up.

How many non-White superheroes are there? As kids, I know my brothers watched Static Shock from DC Comics, and that was a cartoon series. I think the only one ever to be on TV featuring a young black kid superheroing and shit.
static-shock.jpg

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I've heard Harlem is becoming Whiter by the day, but it's still mostly Black geez, esp per the setting in the comics lol.

These ppl need to shut up.

How many non-White superheroes are there? As kids, I know my brothers watched Static Shock from DC Comics, and that was a cartoon series. I think the only one ever to be on TV featuring a young black kid superheroing and shit.
static-shock.jpg
Yeah gentrification is taking it's toll on all old ethnic neighbourhoods in NYC. This whole thing reminded me of that time(though luckily the reactions aren't as crazy) internet folks went on a rampage sending death threats and the like because someone woman on youtube wanted some money to critisize the lack of female characters in video games.

We didn't have Static Chock growing up instead the only black super heroes I knew growing up was Storm from X-Men cartoon and Green Latern from the Justice League cartoon.
df473a96d4068bcadeefc603665725f5.gif

tumblr_ln9668HGzn1qjn01ro1_r2_500.gif

VixR

Veritas
Yeah gentrification is taking it's toll on all old ethnic neighbourhoods in NYC. This whole thing reminded me of that time internet folks went on a rampage sending death threats and the like because someone woman on youtube wanted some money to critisize the lack of female characters in video games.

We didn't have Static Chock growing up instead the only black super heroes I knew growing up was Storm from X-Men cartoon and Green Latern from the Justice League cartoon.

Anita Sarkesian?? :ftw9nwa: I learned about her more recently when some school speech issue was had. I dig the controversy of these types of things, and the response and shift in social trends are always interesting.

Yeah, but Static Shock was the main central character though. I think it's important for kids to be able to identify with the superheroes they see on TV.

Merca

Inactive.
White people be up in their feels when they're not included :mjlol: Where are the diversity in their movies? Can't black people have something for themselves?

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Yeah gentrification is taking it's toll on all old ethnic neighbourhoods in NYC. This whole thing reminded me of that time(though luckily the reactions aren't as crazy) internet folks went on a rampage sending death threats and the like because someone woman on youtube wanted some money to critisize the lack of female characters in video games.

walahi these cadaan dudes are still crying about that gamergate shit like 3 years later :chrisfreshhah:

white ppl, especially the men are really salty that their stranglehold on everything is slipping, and it's beautiful to watch :chrisfreshhah:

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
I've seen it all and didn't realise how black it was till now. The only significant white character in the show is the glasses dude.

He is spanish/mexican. Thats juice from Sons of Anarchy

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Anita Sarkesian?? :ftw9nwa: I dig the controversy of these types of things, and the response and shift in social trends are always interesting.

Yeah, but Static Shock was the main central character though. I think it's important for kids to be able to identify with the superheroes they see on TV.
Yeah whatever her name was, it was crazy as hell; how can someone get that kind of backlash for saying the most banal shit ever?

It's very true that it's important for kids to find positive potrayals to identify with. Tbh I didn't realize it was that much of an issue until I saw this heartbreaking video.
You just wanna walk up to those kids and tell them black babies are beautiful too.
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending