While we are killing each other over

Status
Not open for further replies.
postal codes. The Harari community in the GTA has been establishing a professional network and organizing annual conferences/events to improve their social-economic status!

How does it feel to be left behind my fellow Somalis?

I notice you have a thing for hararis. :ftw9nwa:

As I’ve said before on here I know a lot and am invited to a lot of their family/cultural events. I didn’t grow up around my maternal extended family (they live abroad) and am largely estranged from my paternal side. Their sense of family and closeness really appeals to me. That type of love/support I’ve not had much of in my life outside of my sister and mother. Definitely not from other Somalis, they’ve always treated me like an outsider. I think that’s why marrying into their community really appeals to me.

hararis used to be oromos but after settling in somali areas, they changed their identity to harari since somalis look down upon oromos.
where to them hararis live in tdot, i have only met one so far. their girls are not as fat. not sure why the ditched the hijab though.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
As I’ve said before on here I know a lot and am invited to a lot of their family/cultural events. I didn’t grow up around my maternal extended family (they live abroad) and am largely estranged from my paternal side. Their sense of family and closeness really appeals to me. That type of love/support I’ve not had much of in my life outside of my sister and mother. Definitely not from other Somalis, they’ve always treated me like an outsider. I think that’s why marrying into their community really appeals to me.

Interesting. I've only two hararis. One was a fob lady and another guy (he was not attractive and kind of dorky) who was hitting on me years ago. But from what I've gathered they pretty much like oromos in that they're low key but I didn't get a sense that they were too different culturally from Somalis.

As someone who has had bad experiences growing up with Somalis (and oddly enough a few Muslim ethios) making up rumours and outcasting my family. I kind of understand the feelings you have towards Somalis with the idealizing other ethnicities and not recognizing the good in yours.

You are very much wrong about this though. Somalis are leaps and bounds ahead of other East Africans (not to mention there's more of them than there are of us) and they pretty much look up to Somalis. For goodness sake we have a Somali man as an MP!

There are several organizations just like this for Somalis, started many many years ago too.

I got my first professional recommendation from a Somali (no qabil or family links just pure muslimnimo iyo somalinimo) and I didn't even know there were Somalis in my field.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
hararis used to be oromos but after settling in somali areas, they changed their identity to harari since somalis look down upon oromos.
where to them hararis live in tdot, i have only met one so far. their girls are not as fat. not sure why the ditched the hijab though.

we also learned a unique language to further hide our oromo identity:deadpeter: if oromo people were intelligent enough to do that then i would support them :damn:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
stop comparing harari progress with somalis when there's more somali millionaires then the whole harari population :dead: most hararis are better off on average because they dont get support from their relatives and extended fam which means we have to work hard or end up homeless. we cant afford to spend big on khat like malis then expect to sleep at our cousins when we r broke. this false notion that hararis have a better community must end now & about the host rania i aint gonna expose her :hemad:

:what1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending