Which tribe has got the most unfair share in Somaliland Gov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Somaliland is a peaceful multi-party democracy. Officially, there is no power sharing system in Somaliland but it is there in the minds of many citizens. There is no consensus for this unwritten rule and therefore we might end up with a situation where everyone thinks they are neglected.

Currently the Gadabousi, Habar Younis feel that president Muse Biihi gave all the power to other tribes, namely Habar Jeclo and Habar Awal. To check if this is true, first, we need to agree that a fair share would be a one that gives each tribe a number of ministers proportional to their population.

Luckily, we have a survey made by the British protectorate in 1951. Using the same ratio, we can tell which tribe got more or fewer ministers than they should. Again without further ado, here is the data

Tribe Population 1950s Ratio by population Should have Actually have Gain/lost Major
Essa 55,000 9% 2 1 -50.00%
Gadabursi 45,000 7% 2 3 50.00%
Habar Awal 130,000 20% 5 4 -20.00% *
Arab 20,000 3% 1 2 100.00%
Eidagalla 40,000 6% 1 1 0.00% *
Habr Yunis 130,000 20% 5 3 -40.00%
Habr Toljaala 100000 16% 4 5 25.00% *
Dolbahanta 100,000 16% 4 3 -25.00%
Warsangeli 20,000 3% 1 1 0.00% *
Total 640,000 25 23

As you can see, the following tribes have hit the jackpot, they’ve got a proportional number of ministers to their population:

Eidagalla

Warsangeli

The following tribes have got more than they should have:

Arab (extra 1)

Habar Toljaala (extra 1)

Gadabursi (extra 1)

The following tribes have not got their fair share:

Essa (missing 1)

Habar Awal (missing 1)

Habar Yunis (missing 2)

Dolbahanta (missing 1)

As a conclusion, we note the following:

· The tribe that got the least number of ministerial positions is Habar Yunis. Its the with most unfair share

· The tribe that has got more than their fair share are Arab, Habar Toljaala and Gadabusi (these are the real cabinet Jeegan)

Personally, I am strongly against any power-sharing system and hopefully, we will move away from it one day.

Government positions should be assigned based on merits and capability and not on the tribe of a person. I do not think the president has picked based on merits but rather based on his own understanding of the secret power-sharing formula, which is not far off from the population ratio of Somaliland tribes.

@SirLancelLord

Most of those were just estimates. The British never actually did a full census. They're other estimates were just as 'wild'.

The only census worth looking into are UN censuses based on regions/districts.

This was another fake census calculated on ownership of domesticated animals:

dlotIh6.png

It's all estimates. The only conclusive census are from the UN.

Even the census you shown is erred, the Ciise were actually 35,000 and not 55,000. Showing you the discrepancies. Focus on the mistakes in these 'stats'.

1znyfic.png

Hunter estinated that the western Dir clans (Issa and Gadabursi) combined were over 400,000 in 1884.

DP5QIOR.png

So the only way to be certain is using the UN censuses on regions/towns/districts. Not these estimated and unofficial colonial stats.

Somaliland is a peaceful multi-party democracy. Officially, there is no power sharing system in Somaliland but it is there in the minds of many citizens. There is no consensus for this unwritten rule and therefore we might end up with a situation where everyone thinks they are neglected.

Currently the Gadabousi, Habar Younis feel that president Muse Biihi gave all the power to other tribes, namely Habar Jeclo and Habar Awal. To check if this is true, first, we need to agree that a fair share would be a one that gives each tribe a number of ministers proportional to their population.

Luckily, we have a survey made by the British protectorate in 1951. Using the same ratio, we can tell which tribe got more or fewer ministers than they should. Again without further ado, here is the data

Tribe Population 1950s Ratio by population Should have Actually have Gain/lost Major
Essa 55,000 9% 2 1 -50.00%
Gadabursi 45,000 7% 2 3 50.00%
Habar Awal 130,000 20% 5 4 -20.00% *
Arab 20,000 3% 1 2 100.00%
Eidagalla 40,000 6% 1 1 0.00% *
Habr Yunis 130,000 20% 5 3 -40.00%
Habr Toljaala 100000 16% 4 5 25.00% *
Dolbahanta 100,000 16% 4 3 -25.00%
Warsangeli 20,000 3% 1 1 0.00% *
Total 640,000 25 23

As you can see, the following tribes have hit the jackpot, they’ve got a proportional number of ministers to their population:

Eidagalla

Warsangeli

The following tribes have got more than they should have:

Arab (extra 1)

Habar Toljaala (extra 1)

Gadabursi (extra 1)

The following tribes have not got their fair share:

Essa (missing 1)

Habar Awal (missing 1)

Habar Yunis (missing 2)

Dolbahanta (missing 1)

As a conclusion, we note the following:

· The tribe that got the least number of ministerial positions is Habar Yunis. Its the with most unfair share

· The tribe that has got more than their fair share are Arab, Habar Toljaala and Gadabusi (these are the real cabinet Jeegan)

Personally, I am strongly against any power-sharing system and hopefully, we will move away from it one day.

Government positions should be assigned based on merits and capability and not on the tribe of a person. I do not think the president has picked based on merits but rather based on his own understanding of the secret power-sharing formula, which is not far off from the population ratio of Somaliland tribes.
What ministries does the Warsangeli hold in Bixi's cabinet?

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
A pretty good position honestly we were always shafted in the FGS it's great to see my Sanaagian cousins get a fair shot where they at.
Warsangeli always had that position on lock. It was Cadami during last regime and now it is Ciise Axmed Yuusuf “Xawar”

Both from Eastern Sanaag community

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
Since the Somaliland government claims their lands I would say Dhulbahante by far are the most underrepresented. They are much larger than Samaroon but have less seats and they don't get VP candidate when they are the biggest Non-Isaaq clan in Sland.

*Note* I don't agree with claiming Dhulos but if you're going to do that you should probably give them an actual reason to join you.

Bohol

VIP
Since the Somaliland government claims their lands I would say Dhulbahante by far are the most underrepresented. They are much larger than Samaroon but have less seats and they don't get VP candidate when they are the biggest Non-Isaaq clan in Sland.

*Note* I don't agree with claiming Dhulos but if you're going to do that you should probably give them an actual reason to join you.

Nah. Gadabursi are actually larger. Awdal is twice larger than Sool region lol and that is including Caynaba district and parts of Xudun district settled by Isaaq.

VP3klaq.png

Cumar

VIP
Borama district - 398, 609

Sool Region - 327, 427

:bell:

The numbers from the UNFPA are suspect for Awdal. I don't believe the Awdal numbers aside from Borama, they are highly exaggerated.

For ex: Lughaya district at 100K and being bigger than Buhoodle is also laughable. :icon lol:

Go look on google maps and tell me you believe that again with a straight face.

The numbers from the UNFPA are suspect. I don't believe the Awdal numbers aside from Borama, they are highly exaggerated.

For ex: Lughaya district at 100K and being bigger than Buhoodle is also laughable. :icon lol:

Go look on google maps and tell me you believe that again with a straight face.

So the UN are lying?

Are they lying about Hargeisa too?

Burden of proof is on you. In my opinion, Awdal is grossly underestimated.

Cumar

VIP
So the UN are lying?

Are they lying about Hargeisa too?

Burden of proof is on you. In my opinion, Awdal is grossly underestimated.

If you believe that Lughaya has 100,000 people and is larger than Buhoodle. I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. :ftw9nwa:

Not sure why you're bringing up Hargeisa.

If you believe that Lughaya has 100,000 people and is larger than Buhoodle. I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. :ftw9nwa:

Not sure why you're bringing up Hargeisa.

I could be wrong. But then show another source which is more accurate. If we're doubting the UN, then we might aswell throw every census down the toilet.

Cumar

VIP
I could be wrong. But then show another source which is more accurate. If we're doubting the UN, then we might aswell throw every census down the toilet.

Here: You can see for yourself. Lughaya is virtually empty. I'd wager there isn't even 10,000 souls in the entire district and that source says there is 100K.

Lughaya:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...9f6e813cdb109bc5!8m2!3d10.6852616!4d43.946063

Buhoodle:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...dc6bc34ef38bd81c!8m2!3d8.2363238!4d46.3384816

Your comparing the two towns. Ofcourse, Lughaya the administrative town is small compared to Buhodle.

:faysalwtf:

Compare the districts looool.

Cumar

VIP
Your comparing the two towns. Ofcourse, Lughaya the administrative town is small.

:faysalwtf:

Compare the districts looool.

Lol Lughaya district is empty and sparsely populated. I checked the entire district on google maps and referenced it with this official district map just to confirm.

https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefw...ASom_Administrative_Map_Awadal_Lughaye_A3.pdf

I also did the same for Buhoodle.

https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefw..._Administrative_Map_Togdheer_Buuhoodle_A3.pdf

Sorry, but there is no way around the fact Lughaya is lucky to have even 10K. 100K is a fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts