Which super power would be the best ally for Somalia? China or The US?

You folks just love thinking thereโ€™s options. We picked wrong with the Soviets last time, and picking China would be wrong again this time.

China is not a superpower, it hasnโ€™t even reached developed economy status yet but itโ€™s already going through a demographic crisis thanks to their โ€œone childโ€ policy. The only realistic option Somalia has is the United States.

Somalia needs three things:
a) Human capital,
b) Infrastructure building, and
c) Resource exploitation.

To do so, one needs ready industry, primed workforce, and ready investment. China has the all three, and has shown it can go the distance (I am aware of its shortcomings i.e. accountability).

US would never commit any, and just wants to use Somalia as yet another fighting ground.

Case in point: Turkey did for Somali in 5 years more than the US could have in 30.

Erythrean

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Somalia needs three things:
a) Human capital,
b) Infrastructure building, and
c) Resource exploitation.

To do so, one needs ready industry, primed workforce, and ready investment. China has the all three, and has shown it can go the distance (I am aware of its shortcomings i.e. accountability).

US would never commit any, and just wants to use Somalia as yet another fighting ground.

Case in point: Turkey did for Somali in 5 years more than the US could have in 30.
I say, we pick the USA we should reaffirm
our ties with BRICS countries and the US since our country lies on a nice part of the Indian Ocean and Red Sea and then watch as they will fight over who will gives us the most aid.
E345E449-6EB4-45F5-BAA7-6550AC69DDAE.png
C1AE6912-2E25-4530-A793-95FF531CB289.png

lol...being allied with superppower won't do anything, there success is not going to rub off or trickle down on their pet third world nations. it just brings more exploitation

Somalia must learn who to form alliance with, based of her interest. I cringe so much whenever I see these nationalist, calling for โ€œseveringโ€ ties with โ€œcolonialistโ€ countries (i.e. UK, US, EU, west). But at the same time, they want to keep intact the borders of the former Somali republic. Donโ€™t even know how it makes sense.

Worsening relations with US, will end up with them seeing no purpose in aiding Somalia, and turn towards those Northerns seeking independence recognition, in return for American presence there. Once US starts, other countries (already eager to start now, but afraid to initiate recognition) will follow suit. By then, what will Somalia have gained?!?!

Keeping ties with China is also vital, especially with Taiwanโ€™s involvement in the north. But this must done โ€œcovertlyโ€ and in a way that doesnโ€™t affect/sabotages US relations, while also taking advantage of common interest (protecting their sovereignty and economically development (while being wary of debt trap) etc)

In the end, US/western relations is more important from this viewpoint. Without strategic cooperation from them, the Balkanization of Somalia will go rather quickly. So mark my words.
:francis::wowsweat:

Erythrean

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Somalia must learn who to form alliance with, based of her interest. I cringe so much whenever I see these nationalist, calling for โ€œseveringโ€ ties with โ€œcolonialistโ€ countries (i.e. UK, US, EU, west). But at the same time, they want to keep intact the borders of the former Somali republic. Donโ€™t even know how it makes sense.

Worsening relations with US, will end up with them seeing no purpose in aiding Somalia, and turn towards those Northerns seeking independence recognition, in return for American presence there. Once US starts, other countries (already eager to start now, but afraid to initiate recognition) will follow suit. By then, what will Somalia have gained?!?!

Keeping ties with China is also vital, especially with Taiwanโ€™s involvement in the north. But this must done โ€œcovertlyโ€ and in a way that doesnโ€™t affect/sabotages US relations, while also taking advantage of common interest (protecting their sovereignty and economically development (while being wary of debt trap) etc)

In the end, US/western relations is more important from this viewpoint. Without strategic cooperation from them, the Balkanization of Somalia will go rather quickly. So mark my words.
:francis::wowsweat:
Is it true if you gain support from USA you canโ€™t gain support from China?

Is it true if you gain support from USA you canโ€™t gain support from China?

Not directly, but itโ€™s no secret that US foreign policy for at least the last decade has been to counter Chinas economic boom and their ever growing influence abroad, especially countries that already had good relations with the US in the first place. They were even willing to cooperate with Russia (until the war) in order to together, do something that changes/disrupt Chinas power balance.

While far as China, their strategies has always been long-term viewpoints. While they prefer countries not having much American influence, improving their relations with countries is nonetheless a priority, which may favor them more in the future. When the host countries, realize/reevaluate, that they benefit more from China rather than old alliance with US/West. A case in point is how in a matter of some decades, they managed to convince many countries of de-recognition of Taiwan (as the legitimate govโ€™t)

America on the other hand wanโ€™t their allies to have as little diplomatic (and economical tbh) alliance with China. This explains the recent US-Africa summit, where they pleaded to invest more on the continent.
:hmm::kanyehmm: