Which schools of Aqeedah do you subscribe too?

Which schools of Aqeedah do you subscribe to?

• Batniyyah (Aqeedah of some Twelver Shias & Ismailis)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zaydi (close to Mu’tazila with a Shia twist)

• Imami-Ismā'īlīs

• Total voters
Do you believe you worship the same God as Salafis? That God is a curly haired beardless man that walks, sits on the back of mosquitoes, that will share the space of a throne with the Prophet, with a body, that can relocate on a rope?

Ibn Taymiyyah:
If He (God) wants, He can sit on a mosquito’s back.
Bayan Talbis al-Jahamia Volume 1 page 568:
He didn't say that as he quoted Uthmaan ibn Saʻeed Ad-Daarimi

Here's what he wrote:

"‘Uthmaan ibn Saʻeed Ad-Daarimi said in refutation of Al-Mareesi and his companion, 'Stranger than all this is the analogy you make to determine the size of Allah by measuring the Throne in terms of weight and volume, claiming like a blind boy that if Allah was bigger, smaller, or the same size as the Throne ... Had Allah willed, He would have settled on the back of a mosquito and it (the mosquito) would have found Him light (or it would have carried Him on its back) by His power and the subtlety of His Lordship. How then would it be on a magnificent Throne bigger than the heavens and earth..."

Do you believe you worship the same God as Salafis? That God is a curly haired beardless man that walks, sits on the back of mosquitoes, that will share the space of a throne with the Prophet, with a body, that can relocate on a rope?

Ibn Taymiyyah:

We conclude that it was eyesight as it is in the Sahih narration from Qutada from Ikrama from Ibn Abbas said that the Prophet said: 'I saw my God in image of beardless (man), with long curly hair in a green garden'
Bayan Talbis Al-Jahmiyah Volume 7, Page 290
That hadith is prophet PBUH seeing Allah swt in his dreams

Ibn Taymiyyah:

وكلها -يعني روايات الحديث- فيها ما يُبيِّن أن ذلك كان في المنام

“And all of them - meaning the narrations of the hadith - contain something that shows that this happened in a dream"

Bayan Talbis Al-Jahmiyah Volume 7, Page 229

Ibn Taymiyyah:

We conclude that it was eyesight as it is in the Sahih narration from Qutada from Ikrama from Ibn Abbas said that the Prophet said: 'I saw my God in image of beardless (man), with long curly hair in a green garden'
Bayan Talbis Al-Jahmiyah Volume 7, Page 290

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) says that people will be constantly thrown into Hell but it will go on asking if there are some more. Thus, Allah the Lord of Might “WILL PUT HIS FOOT IN IT” and in one narrative it has occoured that “HE WILL PUT HIS STEP IN IT” and Hell get contracted and say, ‘Enough, enough.’ (Al-Bukhari 6/353)

Ibn Taymiyyah:
The Hadith afffirms that Allah possesses “FEET AND STEPS” and this attribute is exactly like other attributes. This will be proved worthy of the Grandeur of Allah. The rationale behind putting “THE STEP INTO HELL” is that Allah has promised that He will fill up Hell. [Sharh al-Aqidat-il-Wastiyah, Page No. 136, Published by Dar us Salaam, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia]

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The people will be thrown into the (Hell) Fire and it will say: "Are there any more (to come)?' (يَوْمَ نَقُولُ لِجَهَنَّمَ هَلِ ٱمْتَلَأْتِ وَتَقُولُ هَلْ مِن مَّزِيدٍۢ ˹Beware of˺ the Day We will ask Hell, “Are you full ˹yet˺?” And it will respond, “Are there any more?” 50.30) till Allah puts His Foot over it and it will say, 'Qati! Qati! (Enough Enough!)'"

This is a Sahih hadith of the prophet and yes Allah has hands face and feet as he swt told us but if you think it's like us that's on you as we say like Allah swt said in verse 11 chapter 25 in the Quran:

لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ ۖ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ​

There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.​

That's the position of the Salaf and Ahlu Sunnah wa Jam'aa

Imam Abu Haneefah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Allah has a Hand, a Countenance and an Essence as He, may He be exalted, mentioned in the Qur’an. Whatever Allah, may He be exalted, has mentioned in the Qur’an of His having a Countenance, Hand and Essence, these are attributes of His which we affirm without discussing how. It cannot be said that His Hand is His power or blessings, because that is denying the attribute, and is the view of the Qadaris and Mu‘tazilah. Rather His hand is a divine attribute, and we do not discuss how it is; His wrath and His pleasure are divine attributes, and we do not discuss how they are.

Even abu hanfia may allah have mercy on him wants nothing to do with your deviant beliefs. He affirmed for what allah has told us and he didn’t look at it metaphorically as the asharis and maturidis claim
Brother Ashar'ies and their likes don't follow the aqeedah of Abu Hanifa nor the Salaf as Salah as they're remnants of the Jahamiya

Personally I went from Salafi > Athari > Ashari.

When i first learnt about Islam in my teens i was given the perspective of Muhammad ibn abdul wahabb and Ibn taymiyyah. After a few years and doing research, i left the salafi sect and became athari. And recently i became Ashari alhamdulilah. I don't support the thinking of Ahmed ibn Hanbal/hanbalis and their fundamentalism/lack of reasoning.
That's the view and the thinking of Ahlu Sunnah wa Jam'aa not the deviant sect you follow now where you like to not to follow the Sunnah of the prophet and deny what Allah has described himself in his holy book.

You're not part of Ahlu Sunnah if you have a deviant beliefs as what you have said has never been said by the salaf as sahleh.

Here's what our Imam Abu Hanifa said about Allah's location:

قال أبو حنيفة: من قال: لا أعرف ربي في السماء أو في الأرض فقد كفر، وكذا من قال: إنه على العرش ولا أدري العرش أفي السماء أو في الأرض؟ والله تعالى يُدْعى من أعلى لا من أسفل ".

Whoever says: I do not know my Lord in heaven or on earth has disbelieved, and the same applies to whoever says: He is on the Throne and I do not know whether the Throne is in heaven or on earth? God Almighty is called from above, not from below.

I dare you to quote me the positions of our Imams or any of the salaf as saleh that agrees with you deviant heretic views.

World

VIP
That hadith is prophet PBUH seeing Allah swt in his dreams

Ibn Taymiyyah:

وكلها -يعني روايات الحديث- فيها ما يُبيِّن أن ذلك كان في المنام

“And all of them - meaning the narrations of the hadith - contain something that shows that this happened in a dream"

Bayan Talbis Al-Jahmiyah Volume 7, Page 229
Acudubillah. It’s a fabrication that Allah would take the form of a human, i distance myself from the slander of the Christians.

World

VIP
Narrated Anas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The people will be thrown into the (Hell) Fire and it will say: "Are there any more (to come)?' (يَوْمَ نَقُولُ لِجَهَنَّمَ هَلِ ٱمْتَلَأْتِ وَتَقُولُ هَلْ مِن مَّزِيدٍۢ ˹Beware of˺ the Day We will ask Hell, “Are you full ˹yet˺?” And it will respond, “Are there any more?” 50.30) till Allah puts His Foot over it and it will say, 'Qati! Qati! (Enough Enough!)'"

This is a Sahih hadith of the prophet and yes Allah has hands face and feet as he swt told us but if you think it's like us that's on you as we say like Allah swt said in verse 11 chapter 25 in the Quran:

لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ ۖ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ​

There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.​

That's the position of the Salaf and Ahlu Sunnah wa Jam'aa
So you believe that God will walk with feet? But when God walks around it’s not like when human walks around?

So you believe that God will walk with feet? But when God walks around it’s not like when human walks around?
He'll dance around the obvious conclusions of his beliefs but just call anyone who disagrees with this blasphemy 'Jahmi' because according to him, literally affirming what is authentically in the texts and ascribing their meanings to Allah without seeking to do any interpretation of any kind whatsoever is apparently denying attributes of Allah.

BUT in this twisted ideology, positively interpreting these unclear verses to mean that Allah shares attributes with creation, 'but they are different from the attributes you know' is somehow fine.

He'll dance around the obvious conclusions of his beliefs but just call anyone who disagrees with this blasphemy 'Jahmi' because according to him, literally affirming what is authentically in the texts and ascribing their meanings to Allah without seeking to do any interpretation of any kind whatsoever is apparently denying attributes of Allah.

BUT in this twisted ideology, positively interpreting these unclear verses to mean that Allah shares attributes with creation, 'but they are different from the attributes you know' is somehow fine.
who said allah swt will walk? We affirm what he tells us about himself how it befits his majesty in the quran and sunnah and don’t ask about the how or why

When the prophet Pbuh would tell us these descriptions the salaf, just took it how it is and not try to question and intrigue about the specifics.

What’s so hard about that? How would you know what’s a metaphorical or what’s the literal when the salaf didn’t question or ask about it more?

who said allah swt will walk? We affirm what he tells us about himself how it befits his majesty in the quran and sunnah and don’t ask about the how or why

When the prophet Pbuh would tell us these descriptions the salaf, just took it how it is and not try to question and intrigue about the specifics.

What’s so hard about that? How would you know what’s a metaphorical or what’s the literal when the salaf didn’t question or ask about it more?
I don't know if you personally do that but others on here and elsewhere claim to do that but do not.

I've literally explained the Athari position and Tafwidh three times now and am called 'Jahmi' all because I follow the NECESSARY condition blatant in the Qur'an and Sunnah that on top of affirming what is in the nusus and leaving the meanings to Allah- that I DENY any potential meaning from the linguistic meaning of the words used that is UNBECOMING for Allah as a transcendant divine being.

A lot of this trouble comes down to a lack of understanding how text is interpreted including language, logic and aqeedah.

Surah al Ikhlas is a summary of our aqeedah of Allah's attributes as al Ahad and as-Samad- i.e nothing is like Him. This is why we reject the blasphemous statements of people like Ibn Taymiyyah who attributed human qualities such as having a location, physical existence and other qualities of CREATED BEINGS to ALLAH, THE CREATOR. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ALLAH WHO EXISTED PRE-ETERNALLY BEFORE ANY CREATION TO BE ATTRIBUTED WITH QUALITIES HE CREATED- THESE QUALITIES INCLUDE BEING CONTAINED IN SPACE AND TIME.

reer

VIP
Why don’t you comment on this?
you directly went to the hanbali madhab not ibn taymiyyah. like i said it looks like youre reaching fanatical ashari form like saeed foudeh. but cant directly attack imam ahmed for his creed because he is a imam.

Personally I went from Salafi > Athari > Ashari.

When i first learnt about Islam in my teens i was given the perspective of Muhammad ibn abdul wahabb and Ibn taymiyyah. After a few years and doing research, i left the salafi sect and became athari. And recently i became Ashari alhamdulilah. I don't support the thinking of Ahmed ibn Hanbal/hanbalis and their fundamentalism/lack of reasoning.

Last edited:

reer

VIP
Brother Ashar'ies and their likes don't follow the aqeedah of Abu Hanifa nor the Salaf as Salah as they're remnants of the Jahamiya
salafis shouldnt make blanket tabdiic on asharis while at the same time studying books written by asharis. youll see a salafi sheikh call them jahmi remnants but then take from tafsir al jalalayn

salafis shouldnt make blanket tabdiic on asharis while at the same time studying books written by asharis. youll see a salafi sheikh call them jahmi remnants but then take from tafsir al jalalayn
Ta'abdi' are the kalam sect who brought Greek inspired philosophy into the religion to do lame ta'wils in religious texts that nobody from the salaf or the sahaba ever did that.

As a Muslim you are not allowed to talk about the how's or ask about it when it comes to Allah swt attributes or sifaat

Imam Malik:

'The establishment (Istiwa) (on the throne) is known, the mode ('how') is unknown, asking about it is an innovation, and belief in it is compulsory'.

Acudubillah. It’s a fabrication that Allah would take the form of a human, i distance myself from the slander of the Christians.
Ya jaahil that's in the dreams as everyone from ahl al hadith said doesn't mean that's actually how Allah swt looks like والعياذ بالله

reer

VIP
Ta'abdi' are the kalam sect who brought Greek inspired philosophy into the religion to do lame ta'wils in religious texts that nobody from the salaf or the sahaba ever did that.
interesting. i noticed salafi sheikhs that make blanket tabdiic on asharis will not due individual tabdiic on ashari scholars like imam al shatibi al suyuti abu ishaq al shirazi or figures like salahuddin.

i noticed salafi sheikhs that make blanket tabdiic on asharis will not due individual tabdiic on ashari scholars like imam al shatibi al suyuti abu ishaq al shirazi or figures like salahuddin.
Respond to my points about ahar'ris not following he sunnah as they don't affirm the sifaat and do ta'awil on them given them another meanings that nobody from the sahaba or the salaf ever did that

World

VIP
As a Muslim you are not allowed to talk about the how's or ask about it when it comes to Allah swt attributes or sifaat
👍🏾

First Tafsir of the Quran:

"And the sky We built with hands; verily We outspread [it]" (Qur'an 51:47),

al-Tabari ascribes the figurative explanation (ta’wil) of with hands as meaning "with power (bi quwwa)" through five chains of transmission to Ibn ‘Abbas, who died 68 years after the Hijra, Mujahid who died 104 years after the Hijra, Qatada [ibn Da‘ama] who died 118 years after the Hijra, Mansur [ibn Zadhan al-Thaqafi] who died 131 years after the Hijra, and Sufyan al-Thawri who died 161 years after the Hijra (Jami‘ al-bayan, 27.7–8).

Beware of the Day the Shin of Allah will be bared, and the wicked will be asked to prostrate, but they will not be able to do so
(Qur'an 68:42),

al-Tabari says, "A number of the exegetes of the Sahaba and their students (tabi‘in) held that it [a day when shin shall be exposed] means that a dire matter (amrun shadid) shall be disclosed" (Jami‘ al-bayan, 29.38)—the shin’s association with direness being that it was customary for Arab warriors fighting in the desert to ready themselves to move fast and hard through the sand in the thick of the fight by lifting the hems of their garments above the shin.

Al-Tabari also relates from Muhammad ibn ‘Ubayd al-Muharibi, who relates from Ibn al-Mubarak, from Usama ibn Zayd, from ‘Ikrima, from Ibn ‘Abbas that shin in the above verse means "a day of war and direness (harbin wa shidda)" (ibid., 29.38).

reer

VIP
Respond to my points about ahar'ris not following he sunnah as they don't affirm the sifaat and do ta'awil on them given them another meanings that nobody from the sahaba or the salaf ever did that
you call asharis jahmi remnants but why do you take from them? why do you listen scholars who take from tafsir al jalalayn? you have holes in your manhaj.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

👍🏾

First Tafsir of the Quran:

"And the sky We built with hands; verily We outspread [it]" (Qur'an 51:47),

al-Tabari ascribes the figurative explanation (ta’wil) of with hands as meaning "with power (bi quwwa)" through five chains of transmission to Ibn ‘Abbas, who died 68 years after the Hijra, Mujahid who died 104 years after the Hijra, Qatada [ibn Da‘ama] who died 118 years after the Hijra, Mansur [ibn Zadhan al-Thaqafi] who died 131 years after the Hijra, and Sufyan al-Thawri who died 161 years after the Hijra (Jami‘ al-bayan, 27.7–8).

Beware of the Day the Shin of Allah will be bared, and the wicked will be asked to prostrate, but they will not be able to do so
(Qur'an 68:42),

al-Tabari says, "A number of the exegetes of the Sahaba and their students (tabi‘in) held that it [a day when shin shall be exposed] means that a dire matter (amrun shadid) shall be disclosed" (Jami‘ al-bayan, 29.38)—the shin’s association with direness being that it was customary for Arab warriors fighting in the desert to ready themselves to move fast and hard through the sand in the thick of the fight by lifting the hems of their garments above the shin.

Al-Tabari also relates from Muhammad ibn ‘Ubayd al-Muharibi, who relates from Ibn al-Mubarak, from Usama ibn Zayd, from ‘Ikrima, from Ibn ‘Abbas that shin in the above verse means "a day of war and direness (harbin wa shidda)" (ibid., 29.38).
Allah swt says to iblis:

"O Iblis (Satan)! What prevents you from prostrating yourself to one whom I have created with Both My Hands."​

verse 75 chapter 23

"The Jews say: "Allah's Hand is tied up (i.e. He does not give and spend of His Bounty)." Be their hands tied up and be they accursed for what they uttered. Nay, both His Hands are widely outstretched. He spends (of His Bounty) as He wills."

verse 64 chapter 6

The prophet صلى الله و عليه وسلم said :

Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: "Allah, the Exalted, will continue to stretch out His Hand in the night so that the sinners of the day may repent, and continue to stretch His Hand in the daytime so that the sinners of the night may repent, until the sun rises from the west".

Sahih Muslim

It's very clear Allah swt has mentioned his hands and they don't mean what the Jamiyaa Mut'azila and lately the Asha'ries come out with their lame ta'wil that it means "power" then it means Allah swt needed 2 powers to create Adam , العياذ بالله من هذا الكلام

Trending