Which is the best business oriented people in Africa?

choose

• Total voters
The Igbo of Nigeria

vllkyt6nugfnpb1e8.jpg

The Kikuyus of Kenya

46616-004-09A0CFA8.jpg

The Somalians from Somalia

somalia1-promo-mediumSquareAt3X-v2.jpg

:sass2:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Eww stop this bastardisation of our ethnicity. I do not want to ever share labels with non Somali minorities. No such thing as ‘Somalian’

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
Eww stop this bastardisation of our ethnicity. I do not want to ever share labels with non Somali minorities. No such thing as ‘Somalian’
That former president on your Avatar always looked High or someone who chewed a lot of Khaad previous night.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
The Igbo of Nigeria

View attachment 195126

The Kikuyus of Kenya

View attachment 195127

The Somalians from Somalia

View attachment 195129

:sass2:

:draketf: It's the same people you dumb fudge.
Somalis from Somalia, Kenyan Somalis or Martian Somalis

The entire Geeljire business and academic elite from every clan crash landed in Nairobi over night and strong armed the Indian and Cadaan Oligarchy from their tight grip on the economy.

This shifted the international business apparatus from few foreigners to African hands and gave the Kenyan Gov't and Business elite an alternative and a know how they have lacked but also a better negotiating position against multi nationals with deep pockets.
It has also empowered and launched the Kenyan Somalis to entrepreneurial stratosphere and is a good example of what Somalis can do if they leave their bickering behind,ya dig!

You had to put some poor langaab peasant Bantu kids to represent Kikuyus:mjlol::mjlol:

Anyway, I know most Somalis here would definitely vote Somali as the most entrepreneurial people. But if we were to remove our tribe tinted glasses and assess the matter without bias, Igbos would be the clear front runners.

The Igbo tribe is more than 40 million strong in numbers. Of course they have a big business presence all over Nigeria, which is Africa's biggest economy. For context purposes, Nigeria's economy is four times bigger than that of Kenya. This goes to show the league in which the Igbos are playing in, in terms of business.

In addition, Igbos have a very large diaspora presence. They are all over the world. Any city you travel around the world and hear there is a Nigerian community around, chances are they are Igbo. These people are the real hustlers from Africa. There might be some bad apples among the Igbo people, notorious for Internet scams. But this doesn't take away from the Igbo entrepreneurial might.

As for the second and third spot between Somalis and Kikuyus, that is up for debate. Somalis most prominent business community is in Kenya but the Kikuyus have the edge in Kenya, by a large margin. The Kikuyus control the government, the resources and businesses opportunities. That being said, Somalis have the advantage of having a significant diaspora in several other African countries and in the west.

Last edited:
Somalis hands down loool
If only Somalia was a stable country where businesses and entrepreneurship thrived, then your answer would be correct. You cannot claim the crown of the most entrepreneurial community in Africa while your own country is in a mess. If Somalia was a stable rapidly developing country like Rwanda, then this would not be a debate.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If only Somalia was a stable country where businesses and entrepreneurship thrived, then your answer would be correct. You cannot claim the crown of the most entrepreneurial community in Africa while your own country is in a mess. If Somalia was a stable rapidly developing country like Rwanda, then this would not be a debate.

I agree with u. we r blessed with the gift of business but not the gift of governess. We lack internal core brain and knowhow. Africa needs another 1000 years to catch with the west in terms of governing themselves free of corruption or proper security

I agree with u. we r blessed with the gift of business but not the gift of governess. We lack internal core brain and knowhow. Africa needs another 1000 years to catch with the west in terms of governing themselves free of corruption or proper security
The root of all problems in most African countries is tribalism and lack of modern education. It will take several more generations and a lot of education for the masses to get rid of
this problem.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The root of all problems in most African countries is tribalism and lack of modern education. It will take several more generations and a lot of education for the masses to get rid of
this problem.

Africa has more education than Europe. The Africans are not uneducated, but they are not morally superior. They need to be watched like a slave needs his master to watch him or her to behave