Which has more admixtures The north or south ?

According to him the south and central are more pure while the north has admixtures from the Arabs for an example .
Is it true ?
If I think about it the Persian, south Asians, Arabs used to live in the south and to this day there is tribes who are descended from them .
I think south has more admixtures living with those people and intermarried them .

Yh this guy said basically my words

Are Carab Saalax arab originally?

Yes, they are Meheris, South Semitic people.

I saw that they were mentioned in the Futuh Al Habesha war, that was 500 years ago. Maybe they came in different waves to our shores. Either way, I consider them regular Somalis.
I have seen Harti people that look like 100% Asians, but it happens with other Somalis also so that is not good evidence.

I'll say Central Somalis are the purest.

Some Southerners do have some Bantu/Arab/S.Asian and maybe Ethiopian admixture and I have seen Northerners from places like Somaliland having Arab/S.Asian/Ethiopia too on 23andMe.

I feel like those from central regions get 100% more often.

Yes, they are Meheris, South Semitic people.

I saw that they were mentioned in the Futuh Al Habesha war, that was 500 years ago. Maybe they came in different waves to our shores. Either way, I consider them regular Somalis.
I have seen Harti people that look like 100% Asians, but it happens with other Somalis also so that is not good evidence.
Semitic presence in Somalia was from a very early date. There are Sabean inscriptions dotted in northern Somalia. There are also written documents of Himyarites having full control over South Somalia to Tanzania. Ships from αΈ€imyar regularly travelled the East African coast, and the state also exerted a large amount of Influence both cultural, religious and political over the trading cities of East Africa whilst the cities of East Africa remained independent. Himyarite generals went as far as invading Rhapta in modern-day Mozambique. The Periplus informs us that Rhapta, was under the firm control of a governor appointed by Arabian king of Musa, taxes were collected, and it was serviced by "merchant craft that they staff mostly with Arab skippers and agents who, through continual intercourse and intermarriage, are familiar with the area and its language. The Periplus explicitly states that Azania (which included Rhapta) was subject to "Charibael", the king of both the Sabaeans and Homerites in the southwest corner of Arabia. There is also the presence of an Iron Age J2 clade found among an ashraaf from Bay region who has a 4000 year old TMRCA with 2 Saudis.

Trending

Latest posts