Which diets have you tried? Your experiences and results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
The only medicine is probably the Quran and practicing it, I am starting to feel better Alhamdullilah.

Also I am a male btw, unless you're a Somali Galbeed. Huuno is what I use on my Somali sisters.
:trumpsmirk:
we say huno to both male and female in djibouti

Cambuulo Tonight

Poultry in motion
Grains - oatmeal and brown rice

Legumes - beans, chickpeas, peas, lentils

fruit - banana, avocado, dates

Veggies - spinach, broccoli, cabbages, okra, salads, green peppers, carrots, onions, tomatoes

Fibers - sweet potatoes, cassava

Animal products - organic eggs, organic grassfed beef

Fats - extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil

spices (for tee only)- ginger, cardamon, balckpepper, cinnamon

Dayly Supplements - vitamin D3 3000IU, omega 3 2000mg

Adaptogens( I use them for my daily smoothie after workout) - maca powder, ashwaghandi, ginseng and raw cacao powder.

and vegan protein

Cambuulo Tonight

Poultry in motion
Results-

Got rid of inflammation and low energy levels and fatigue throughout the day, good sleep,much better gains from workout, decrease in body fat and increase muscle mass

'Downside' - too much libido due to high free T.

We are talking about the dairy of today that is pasteurised everywhere except in third world countries, were synthetic steroids, hormones and antibiotics are used.

It's why so many people are intolerant to lactose because the enzyme lactase which helps break down the lactose is destroyed courtesy of pasteurisation, nothing is left but just sugar, hormones, antibiotics, and synthetic steroids.

I have no problem with unpasteurised diary and it's mostly the Somalis in villages that drink camel milk, the majority of the population has no access to it because they don't own camels, the camel doesn't produce that much milk.

Counting calories is a meaningless fad, elaborate in detail what you did, what did you cut out, what did you eat, list the food.

You are right about the milk
I noticed that drinking milk gives me some acnea and that my stomach hurts a bit

Never been on a diet. I just eat when I am hungry, and I always been the same weight since god knows how long.If you want To lose weight I think it's just a matter of calories in and calories out.
And I don't know how you can go without milk but I can't live without my daily Caano Shaah with 2 tsb of sugar 3 times a day.:banderas:
Also, I couldn't live without meat either:ahh:

@Inquisitive_ what does a typical meal look like for you since you don't eat any meat or animal products. What do you eat with your rice?

I also don't do any oils. It's very simple really, keep in mind I skip breakfast always because of intermittent fasting.

Lunch

The base is one of the following rice/pasta/couscous/quinoa/millet (all cooked with veggies and different spices)

The sides are corn on the cob or potatoes with a different kind of beans (chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans etc)

Snack

Dates, nuts and other fruits. I make sure the nuts are roasted so it's digested better. But I usually have good quality Medjool dates.

Dinner

Lentils switching up between green, brown, yellow, Puy with mushroom and sourdough or garlic bread, sometimes I have it in a soup form, depends how I feel.

Before lunch I would have lukewarm water with Sidir Honey and a touch of cinnamon (great detox), it cured my terrible allergic rhinitis/sinusitis.

I have a slow bean cooker at home for convenience which also does the rice, so I am always ready and stocked with fresh supply, when I am out and about and desperate I always look for a Burrito place, there I have the rice/beans combo with the veggies.

@Inquisitive_ Drop a good geeljre diet that's simple to follow bro

No diary, no meat (if you do, have it as a luxury once every two weeks) and NO OIL at any cost.

rice, potatoes, pasta, corn are all easy and quick to cook, these are your starches that you must have in abundance for energy.

You can have any fruits/vegatables/nuts etc. The only difficult one is the beans, before I had a cooker, I would make enough for 3 days in one go and store it in the fridge, the same with the rice/pasta etc.

Have good quality bread, I prefer the ones with sourdough, oats and barley, you will find them in the shops, have it with either honey/peanuts or dark chocolate spread, avoid butter (diary/oil) at all cost.

This is very simple to follow, if your out, find a burrito place and have the wrap with beans/veggies/rice.

I also don't do any oils. It's very simple really, keep in mind I skip breakfast always because of intermittent fasting.

Lunch

The base is one of the following rice/pasta/couscous/quinoa/millet (all cooked with veggies and different spices)

The sides are corn on the cob or potatoes with a different kind of beans (chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans etc)

Snack

Dates, nuts and other fruits. I make sure the nuts are roasted so it's digested better. But I usually have good quality Medjool dates.

Dinner

Lentils switching up between green, brown, yellow, Puy with mushroom and sourdough or garlic bread, sometimes I have it in a soup form, depends how I feel.

Before lunch I would have lukewarm water with Sidir Honey and a touch of cinnamon (great detox), it cured my terrible allergic rhinitis/sinusitis.

I have a slow bean cooker at home for convenience which also does the rice, so I am always ready and stocked with fresh supply, when I am out and about and desperate I always look for a Burrito place, there I have the rice/beans combo with the veggies.

No diary, no meat (if you do, have it as a luxury once every two weeks) and NO OIL at any cost.

rice, potatoes, pasta, corn are all easy and quick to cook, these are your starches that you must have in abundance for energy.

You can have any fruits/vegatables/nuts etc. The only difficult one is the beans, before I had a cooker, I would make enough for 3 days in one go and store it in the fridge, the same with the rice/pasta etc.

Have good quality bread, I prefer the ones with sourdough, oats and barley, you will find them in the shops, have it with either honey/peanuts or dark chocolate spread, avoid butter (diary/oil) at all cost.

This is very simple to follow, if your out, find a burrito place and have the wrap with beans/veggies/rice.
Nice I also have sinus problems can you give me more details on that. Like have you tried it with regular honey?

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY

Lunch

Snack

Dinner

would that be for a weight gain or weight loss, ive gained 2 kilos since eid i feel arab know and that's never a good feeling

Nice I also have sinus problems can you give me more details on that. Like have you tried it with regular honey?

The honey has to be raw and not processed, I am a big honey fan, my whole cupboard at home is filled with different types

I have found Sidir honey to be the most potent followed by this specific one that is a lot cheaper which I will post a link to below. A table spoon of this with lukewarm water and organic Ceylon cinnamon on an empty stomach every morning will cure it.

I suffered from these issues for more then a decade and mine was very severe unlike most other people, even my hay fever and asthma went away.

http://www.ivitality.co.uk/shop/food-drink/raw-honey-and-natural-sugar/bee-raw-honey-oak-honey-325g/

1ae08353a8f0fdd2d005359388fd5353.jpg

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah:

I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "If there is any good in your medicines, then it is in a gulp of honey, a cupping operation, or branding (cauterization), but I do not like to be (cauterized) branded.
Sahih al-Bukhari 5702
Book 76, Hadith 22

would that be for a weight gain or weight loss, ive gained 2 kilos since eid i feel arab know and that's never a good feeling

This is a contentious question because my anorexic brother gains weight with this were as I once upon a time 230 pounds kept loosing weight until I hit 187 pounds and got stuck there at 6 foot.

If your fat or overweight you loose but if your malnourished you gain, it's the perfect balanced diet for both, what I notice is that everything lost was just fat, hardly any muscle. If I reduce the snacks a little like I did before, I dropped to 180 which is not what I want.

Last edited:

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
The honey has to be raw and not processed, I am a big honey fan, my whole cupboard at home is filled with different types

I have found Sidir honey to be the most potent followed by this specific one that is a lot cheaper which I will post a link to below. A table spoon of this with lukewarm water and organic Ceylon cinnamon on an empty stomach every morning will cure it.

I suffered from these issues for more then a decade and mine was very severe unlike most other people, even my hay fever and asthma went away.

http://www.ivitality.co.uk/shop/food-drink/raw-honey-and-natural-sugar/bee-raw-honey-oak-honey-325g/

1ae08353a8f0fdd2d005359388fd5353.jpg

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah:

I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "If there is any good in your medicines, then it is in a gulp of honey, a cupping operation, or branding (cauterization), but I do not like to be (cauterized) branded.
Sahih al-Bukhari 5702
Book 76, Hadith 22

This is a contentious question because my anorexic brother gains weight with this were as I once upon a time 230 pounds kept loosing weight until I hit 187 pounds and got stuck there at 6 foot.

If your fat or overweight you loose but if your malnourished you gain, it's the perfect balanced diet for both, what I notice is that everything lost was just fat, hardly any muscle. If I reduce the snacks a little like I did before, I dropped to 180 which is not what I want.

Yh at the start of the year i was 75kg i tried to gain weight by weightlifting and bulking to fit into my height but i overshot it i'm now 93kg been trynna lose it since august 28th done lost 5kgs already but it's slowed down

World

VIP
The Maasai tribe in Kenya are your modern day hunter-gather community, despite their mostly organic meat which they consume, their life expectancy is a scary 40, they die mostly of malignant heart diseases due to clogged arteries because of the high animal fats consumed, they also frequently die of diabetes and high blood pressure both caused by excessive Animal fats, so much for emulating them.
In "Genghis Khan, and the Making of the Modern World", Jack Weatherford (p.87) writes the following about the Mongol army's diet:

"The Chinese noted with surprise and disgust the ability of the Mongol warriors to survive on little food and water for long periods; according to one, the entire army could camp without a single puff of smoke since they needed no fires to cook. Compared to the Jurched soldiers, the Mongols were much healthier and stronger. The Mongols consumed a steady diet of meat, milk, yogurt and other dairy products, and they fought men who lived on gruel made from various grains. The grain diet of the peasant warriors stunted their bones, rotted their teeth and left them weak and prone to disease. In contrast, the poorest Mongol soldier ate mostly protein, thereby giving him strong teeth and bones. Unlike the Jurched soldiers, who were dependent on a heavy carbohydrate diet, the Mongols could more easily go a day or two without food."

The average Mongol life span today is 68 years although smoking and alcoholism is extremely high. If you compare it to Laos, another landlocked Asian country who whoever eat a rice-based diet, both Mongol men and women live longer.

In "Genghis Khan, and the Making of the Modern World", Jack Weatherford (p.87) writes the following about the Mongol army's diet:

"The Chinese noted with surprise and disgust the ability of the Mongol warriors to survive on little food and water for long periods; according to one, the entire army could camp without a single puff of smoke since they needed no fires to cook. Compared to the Jurched soldiers, the Mongols were much healthier and stronger. The Mongols consumed a steady diet of meat, milk, yogurt and other dairy products, and they fought men who lived on gruel made from various grains. The grain diet of the peasant warriors stunted their bones, rotted their teeth and left them weak and prone to disease. In contrast, the poorest Mongol soldier ate mostly protein, thereby giving him strong teeth and bones. Unlike the Jurched soldiers, who were dependent on a heavy carbohydrate diet, the Mongols could more easily go a day or two without food."

The average Mongol life span today is 68 years although smoking and alcoholism is extremely high. If you compare it to Laos, another landlocked Asian country who whoever eat a rice-based diet, both Mongol men and women live longer.
Interesting. A diet of meat dairy and veggies and fruits would be the healthiest in my opinion. Grains are useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.