Which diets have you tried? Your experiences and results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
tell me more walaal.
how long has it been and what issue has this diet resolved for u?

It was a skin-related condition. :manny: I only stuck to it because of vanity. I feared one day, it would leave me eyebrowless (an irrational fear). :trumpsmirk: Alx, I'm in remission.
:mjcry: I feel like a child with a fork and knife pretending to eat air when dining out. I pack food everwhere like a nomad. :meleshame:

Try intermittent fasting. Works great for me. Whenever I'm going to a special place and need to fit well into a dress I do intermittent fasting for 3-4 days and I'm golden.

if you want to lose weight, I recommend a high fiber diet. first of all, the only way you can lose weight is by burning more calories than you eat. so I basically take advantage of my meal plans. when you eat foods rich in fiber such as beans, lentils, bulgar wheat, and vegetables, you stay full and satisfied for a long time. Everytime I want to drop some body fat, I eat foods rich in fiber and lean meat and I make sure my daily caloric intake does not exceed my maintenance calories. then I burn 500+ calories by doing cardio at the gym.
these actions above equals guaranteed fat loss. I always got results.

That's 90% starch/vegan and 10% Animal meat, with the added benefits of burning of excess animal fat with the cardio you spoke about, your guaranteed to loose and get lean. Your describing a 90% vegan diet, although you refer to it as high fibre.

The calorie stuff is just disinformation BS because legumes are loaded with them. I once upon a time bought into the same false narratives about natural sugar being bad for you and as a result avoided fruits, dates and especially honey.

Tell us how you came across this winning formula for you, accidental? is this the food your mum always cooked for you? was this through trial and error ? also what about the cognitive mental impact ? do you have better focus/concentration when on it? or is it better off it?

Try intermittent fasting. Works great for me. Whenever I'm going to a special place and need to fit well into a dress I do intermittent fasting for 3-4 days and I'm golden.

I do this every day for cognitive benefits more so then weight loss but works for both, I stop eating 4 hours before sleep and 6 hours after I wake up from an 8 hour sleep bringing it to a total of 18 hours. (higher then recommended).

Tremendous cognitive and health benefits, been doing this for so long now, that I even engage in intense exercise activities without any problems, nothing beats this when incorporated with a starch based diet of no oils, meat or diary, the most potent formula that exists out their.

In highschool I put on some weight, and while in college dropped like 45 pounds doing a ketogenic diet for 4 months. It was pretty cool, all you had to do was eat proteins and greens and some fats for energy. No sugar, net carbs like 20grams per day including vegetables.

You were not on a ketogenic diet, the fat intake of those diets are always high with the meat and oils you cook with, low fat diet as you suggested will not put you in one.

Whenever you cut the fat intake (Animal/Oil etc) from any diet you will always loose, but unless those greens were beans or other starches, I would imagine you would have felt very weak and horrible while on it.

Elaborate more on the food you took, the amount of cheat days, your overall cognitive function etc. and also did you incorporate any intermittent fasting? If you lost so much your doing the right thing, just not what you think you were doing.

Last edited:
A lot of people get good results on keto. There's no one size fits all diets I think you should just do what's best for you some people do better on low carbs (like me) others prefer high carb low fat I think what's really important is that you avoid junk food, over eating, excessive sugar and sodium and you'll be fine along with exercise

That's 90% starch/vegan and 10% Animal meat, with the added benefits of burning of excess animal fat with the cardio you spoke about, your guaranteed to loose and get lean. Your describing a 90% vegan diet, although you refer to it as high fibre.

The calorie stuff is just disinformation BS because legumes are loaded with them. I once upon a time bought into the same false narratives about natural sugar being bad for you and as a result avoided fruits, dates and especially honey.

Tell us how you came across this winning formula for you, accidental? is this the food your mum always cooked for you? was this through trial and error ? also what about the cognitive mental impact ? do you have better focus/concentration when on it? or is it better off it?

I do this every day for cognitive benefits more so then weight loss but works for both, I stop eating 4 hours before sleep and 6 hours after I wake up from an 8 hour sleep bringing it to a total of 18 hours. (higher then recommended).

Tremendous cognitive and health benefits, been doing this for so long now, that I even engage in intense exercise activities without any problems, nothing beats this when incorporated with a starch based diet of no oils, meat or diary, the most potent formula that exists out their.

You were not on a ketogenic diet, the fat intake of those diets are always high with the meat and oils you cook with, low fat diet as you suggested will not put you in one.

Whenever you cut the fat intake (Animal/Oil etc) from any diet you will always loose, but unless those greens were beans or other starches, I would imagine you would have felt very weak and horrible while on it.

Elaborate more on the food you took, the amount of cheat days, your overall cognitive function etc. and also did you incorporate any intermittent fasting? If you lost so much your doing the right thing, just not what you think you were doing.
Legumes are high in fiber. And it doesn't mean calories arent important even so, if you're eating healthier altogether you are definitely not overeating and you probably burn your energy more efficiently
And even with natural sugars it's not like you are eating a lot of it like the amount of sugar loaded in a cupcake.

It was a skin-related condition. :manny: I only stuck to it because of vanity. I feared one day, it would leave me eyebrowless (an irrational fear). :trumpsmirk: Alx, I'm in remission.
:mjcry: I feel like a child with a fork and knife pretending to eat air when dining out. I pack food everwhere like a nomad. :meleshame:
Congrats for catching it before u went bald on ur browse. So u avoid meat and dairy?

Hybrid

Death Awaits You

it's not just a vegan diet because I wasn't eating potatoes or corn etc...I was strictly eating foods that are high in fiber so I wouldn't feel hungry and crave for chunk food. I was also eating adequate amount of protein (120g of protein per day) to preserve my muscles.
avoiding sugar or fruits high in sugar is good while doing fat loss diet because they pack in extra calories. sugar or fatty food don't make you fat. consuming more calories than you eat makes you fat. so when you are on a diet you wanna be very smart about what you eat. trust me, you can only drop body fat by burning more calories than you eat and that has been proven scientifically.
I discovered this fat loss formula thru trial and error. I have done many weight loss cycles and have done many scientific research about it.
I didn't test my mental focus. I only did it for fat loss but I think I had more feelings of well being when on the diet.

HuunoHunter

Old Head 👴🏿
The Goal

The primary goal here was to drastically increase mental focus/concentration, but my body and mind could no longer keep up with my motivations and ambitions, I understood the issue here was the finding the right fuel from the very beginning.

The secondary goal was to keep the weight at no more then 190 pounds (6 foot), stop the wild weight fluctuations between 190-240 pounds that was always caused by injuries, stopping me from exercising, there had to be a better way.

Challenge

The level of pure disinformation in the dietary field is the worst I have ever encountered, I wished someone did a thread like this 10 years ago that went through all the FADS giving their insights, so I could have avoided all these very costly mistakes and wasted years.

I naturally despise learning from my own mistakes, preferring of course to learn from the mistakes that others have made so I don't make them myself, but there was no choice, everyone around me was either a walking zombie toothpick or a pathetically obese miscreant.

There was nothing to learn amidst the gross cesspit of deliberate misinformation, deceit and lies other then trying everything for yourself, every quack had studies to back polar opposite diets while having studies to disprove the others.

The whole scientific community are a bunch of quacks hired by the elite conglomerates; companies like Monsanto sets aside 100 million for these kinds of studies proving their products are good for you, no quack scientist they pay will ever dare prove the opposite, they will simply make the data fit the narrative that the master wants

Diets

Low Carb/Atkins

Went on this diet more then 10 times in all it's glorious variations in 10 years, each time after loosing 5kg water weight in the first week and becoming all excited about it, I would become very sick shortly after leaving me unable to continue further

Exercise was impossible, mental exhaustion was followed by excessive sleep cycles that I never had before, blood tests showed deficiencies in Vitamin D and Calcium which I never had before, despite taking good quality synthetic Calcium/Vitamin D supplements.

I came to learn a decade later, the excessive sleep was caused by the body being in constant repair mode, the calcium deficiency due to Animal protein excess which makes you secrete your reserve calcium via urine which plant proteins like beans prevent.

I came to learn that ketosis state is unnatural and the primary fuel for the body is glucose, ketosis only happened during periods of famines when the starch that sustained all civilisations including fruits/veggies were no longer available, hence the body switches to ketosis (burning fat) as a survival mechanism not as natural state which this diet teaches.

A Picture speaks a 1000 words, below is the Godfather of Low Carb diet.

hqdefault.jpg

Paleo diet

Experience the same results as the low Carb, the misinformation they used to hook me was the idea that this is the diet of our hunter-gatherer ancestors, completely ignoring that this was before civilisation with farming began.

It also ignores that those people ate organic meat unlike the poisoned ones today loaded with toxic hormones, chemicals and antibiotics. The fish is even worse filled with toxic arsenic and in the western world they farm it loading it with more toxic substances, it's no wonder the Somalis back home avoid it like the plague and people foolishly berate them for this despite knowing that nuclear toxic waste was dumped on our shores on top of the pollution.

The Maasai tribe in Kenya are your modern day hunter-gather community, despite their mostly organic meat which they consume, their life expectancy is a scary 40, they die mostly of malignant heart diseases due to clogged arteries because of the high animal fats consumed, they also frequently die of diabetes and high blood pressure both caused by excessive Animal fats, so much for emulating them.

Vegetarian

This was the original diet I followed after leaving home, no meat meant no oil for frying, so the two biggest fats and poisons were automatically cut off without me even knowing.

Functioning was at 50-70% because of the other poison I was consuming heavily unknowingly (diary) loaded with steroids, hormones, antibiotics etc. weight fluctuations was very slow in comparison to the others diets (1.5KG a year) despite intense regular exercise.

Vegan/ Starch based.

I looked at this diet but never tried because I associated this with women FAD diets, until a trip to Somalia after getting badly ill from the years of low carb abuse, synthetic pills, protein shakes and the rest of the crap, I had to quit work as result as I could no longer function.

I was encouraged by the recovery of a cousin of mine that went there who had cancer and was much worse then me

When I got there, I was simply put on a vegan diet of beans, sorghum, millet, sweet potato, with plenty of honey, papaya, dates and bananas etc with no meat/oil/dairy. (the locals all ate this)

Within 3 days I recovered fully with a 25 pound drop in 1 month and energy levels I never had before, on my return I put my whole family on it with the same results.

--------------------------------

It would be good to hear from the sspot community their experiences in this and bounce off ideas from each other, from the malnourished to the obese, what was your goals? your experiences? what did you try? how long? what were the benefits? etc.

This will be a good lesson for those that are willing to learn from the mistakes of others. I would have paid a fortune for information like this especially after what I gone through wasting many years in the wilderness.
I am currently on the depression diet, where my sense of taste and smell is numbed.

I am currently on the depression diet, where my sense of taste and smell is numbed.
wait so you're depressed :ohhh: I had a feeling because I had my dp set to that during my period of mourning.
How are you holding up? Are you receiving any care? We're always here if you need anyone to discuss things with.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
wait so you're depressed :ohhh: I had a feeling because I had my dp set to that during my period of mourning.
How are you holding up? Are you receiving any care? We're always here if you need anyone to discuss things with.
what happen?

HuunoHunter

Old Head 👴🏿
I am good Alxam.
No I am not receiving care, but I am trying to fix my habits.

HuunoHunter

Old Head 👴🏿
you should get on some anti depressants especially when your depression flares up. it's better than nothing huno

The only medicine is probably the Quran and practicing it, I am starting to feel better Alhamdullilah.

Also I am a male btw, unless you're a Somali Galbeed. Huuno is what I use on my Somali sisters.
:trumpsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts