Which character is most responsible for Somalia's destruction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had to choose any single person who was most responsible for Somalia's dysfunction and chaos, who would you choose? Of course, it was a whole host of men responsible for the destruction of our country, but who would be the #1 culprit?

I would most certainly choose Aideed, with Afweyne coming in as a close second.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
Another topic about this bs
Siyaad barre did nothing wrong but unfortunately he got to soft which lead to alot of innocent people getting killed.:vanlf9a:
I think his biggest problem was he was indecisive perfect example is when he came to power he had 2 choices either kill the people he came in power with and those who might have some influence in the government or let them live and trust them not to overthrow you in the future.
the right choice was to kill them all off and hand pick your own trust worthy people:ummhmsmiley:
Of course he partly did that by jailing but forgot to kill them off:uCkf6mf:

I

IntensiveCareUnit

siyaad barre was a renowned MJ hater. we don't fucks with him so it resulted in Somalia's great downfall.

I would definitely say Siad Bareeh, he created the current climate of distrust and enmity between the Somalis, he bombed Hargeisa to the ground, killed over 3000 innocent people in north Mudug. However Aideed was no better, he had opportunity to create legacy for himself after the fall of Said Barreh regime, but instead he choose to go on a murderous campaign against unarmed Darood civilians and in turn started the Darood and Hawiye war. All in all I would say Siad Barreh but they are both equally the worst thing that happened to modern Somalia.

Both those men were short-sighted who should have never been in such a position of responsibility let alone be in charge of a classroom, but it say a lot about the quality of Somali leaders now days.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
I would definitely say Siad Bareeh, he created the current climate of distrust and enmity between the Somalis, he bombed Hargeisa to the ground, killed over 3000 innocent people in north Mudug. However Aideed was no better, he had opportunity to create legacy for himself after the fall of Said Barreh regime, but instead he choose to go on a murderous campaign against unarmed Darood civilians and in turn started the Darood and Hawiye war. All in all I would say Siad Barreh but they are both equally the worst thing that happened to modern Somalia.

Both those men were short-sighted who should have never been in such a position of responsibility let alone be in charge of a classroom, but it say a lot about the quality of Somali leaders now days.
EveryBody he killed was guilty:camby:

waraabe

Your superior
Siyaad Barre because he was jealous of isaaq. Caydiid was a good man who tried to prevent a genocide against darod after they.tried to bring back afwayne

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
You can't blame it on one individual. I'd say 90% of the current Somali officials (SFG, SL, PL, JL and all the other 'federal states') are responsible, especially the 50+ generation.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
No one, countries go through civil war. There is no sense in blaming dead men or entire tribes it only holds us back.

Oddly enough people who suffered the most in the civil war or under the kacaan regime are the least likely to complain.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
MSB AUN. He did a lot of bad than good for Somalia. He caused animosity between clans. He armed one clan more than the other. He killed important figures who didn't agree with how he was running the country. He killed wadaads who were innocent as well as thousands of shacab. If he was a man who cared about his country's future he would've made deal with the opps but be chose not to.

Some of the blame also belongs to the qabqables too cause we've been without a real government for the last 24 years.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Siad barre
Caydiid
Marehaan people
Hutus.

I blame the above. Marehaans being on power trip and hutus being stupid enough to ruin a whole country. If they were really about it, they should have destroyed the presidential office but brain dead idiots looted civilians, raped women and killed random people.

I would say that Siyad Barre created the conditions that led to the collapse of the Somali State, but Aideed went one step further and sustained the chaos that existed in Somalia for the last 25 years.

Countries go through civil wars all the time, and dictators are deposed all the time. But most countries quickly recover and have peace again within a couple of years. And in the early 1990's, Aideed had the unique opportunity to bring all Somali Qabiils to the table and actually create a workable solution to end the civil war. He chose not to do that, and instead used his energies on fighting other Somali Qabiils, claiming that Reer Hebel is better than Reer Hebel, etc. Aideed's mean, petty, small-minded, short-sighted, unilateral behavior is something that exists amongst the Somali men who are in the 45+ crowd.

The civil war in Somalia could have easily been done and over with by 1993. It should never have lasted as long as it did. And I feel as if Aideed was the primary (but not the only) culprit of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending