Which Af-Soomaali dialect is the standard dialect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I can't even tell the fucking difference compare any politician from the north to the south is the same.:francis:

From my experience there is a noticable difference in accents & pronounciations between Reer North and Reer South-central and thats about it.
Not actual full fledge dialects.

The south itself has alot more variations in dialect than central,west and north believe it or not. If you take Af-maay into account that is.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
I think the video was to unite everyone but it's kind of flawed. Ever language is based on a standard. Usually the standard for a language is that which adheres mostly to the rules of grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary etc. Somali spoken in the North is, imo the most advanced since it follows all the rules of grammar.

North- Waan imanaya
Central- Waan imanhaya
South- Waan imaana

Various examples exist, but if you were to recite the oldest of somali poetry, or read the books of somali language and sugaan(literature) and came across the same phrase, they'd all be written in the first(northern) way

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I think the video was to unite everyone but it's kind of flawed. Ever language is based on a standard. Usually the standard for a language is that which adheres mostly to the rules of grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary etc. Somali spoken in the North is, imo the most advanced since it follows all the rules of grammar.

North- Waan imanaya
Central- Waan imanhaya
South- Waan imaana

Various examples exist, but if you were to recite the oldest of somali poetry, or read the books of somali language and sugaan(literature) and came across the same phrase, they'd all be written in the first(northern) way

Everyone says waan imaanaya, second of all the only standard dialect is mudug. Thirdly no one understands you're burcawi lahjad.

Waan imaana kulaha? Wtf?

Kulaha rules of grammar. uff uff

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Everyone says waan imaanaya, second of all the only standard dialect is mudug. Thirdly no one understands you're burcawi lahjad.

Waan imaana kulaha? Wtf?

Kulaha rules of grammar. uff uff

There's even a difference between waan imaanaya, and waan imanaya, both are used depending on region :lol:
I think you were trolling with your other comments so:rollseyes:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
There's even a difference between waan imaanaya, and waan imanaya, both are used depending on region :lol:
I think you were trolling with your other comments so:rollseyes:

I genuinely believe you haven't met anyone who isn't qaldaan so it's best you only speak to what you know aka your xaafad in burco and the water well you fight with @Freebandz over. Also 'south' is not a lahjad you dimwit. :camby:

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
I genuinely believe you haven't met anyone who isn't qaldaan so it's best you only speak to what you know aka your xaafad in burco and the water well you fight with @Freebandz over. Also 'south' is not a lahjad you dimwit. :camby:

Horta why u always so mad? I didn't say it was a lahjad, I mentioned the geographical areas where each pronunciation is used. I've lived and traveled all over the peninsula so whatever :lol:.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP

North- Waan imanaya
Central- Waan imanhaya
South- Waan imaana

Who the f... Says imanhaya :what:
You're making up some bs:camby:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
I know reer waqooyi use dh instead of r but the imanhaya and taghaya is probably something say Walahi kids would say.:lol:

Somali accent and words change based on city and region. Burco and hargeysa are different, burco and laascaanood have differences between themselves also. Only a local could really pic it up. Little things like Using the actual Ja as opposed to Cha in jira vary throughout the peninsula and even in the north.

I met a guy from NFD in kenya who said Shanqar ayaan meesha ka maqlay. I knew what he meant because of the context. The word shanqar he meant noise where northerners say Sanqadh or Saqadh, and Southerners usually say Sanqar

luuqada af soomaligu caadi maahasiilaanyolaugh

There is no standard Somali lahjad or dialect.

But the media sets the standards. If u ever listen to Somali Radio (BBC) or watch Somali TV stations, the standard would be somewhere in between Galguduud and Mudug state.

Hubble

VIP
Dialect is Maay or the very non standard like Marka. What we differ most in is accents. The Northern English or Scottish accents will pronounce things differently to the English standard accent but the spelling remains the same unless you're Irvin Walsh. In Somalia people will spell out the differences in accent and that's why people think the differences are bigger than they are. Obviously Waqooyi isn't standard because the 'r' sound is the standard.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Dialect is Maay or the very non standard like Marka. What we differ most in is accents. The Northern English or Scottish accents will pronounce things differently to the English standard accent but the spelling remains the same unless you're Irvin Walsh. In Somalia people will spell out the differences in accent and that's why people think the differences are bigger than they are. Obviously Waqooyi isn't standard because the 'r' sound is the standard.

That's a joke buddy, stop peddling what you don't know. The r doesn't work grammatically and that's a fact. And if you want to use that as a measuring stick for the standard then we will

North- Gabadh
South- Gabar
Plural - Gabdhaha

Why don't you say gabraha if the r is the standard?

The fact is, the richness of a language is measured by its masters in literature. The greatest somali poets of any Era have always spoken with waqooyi dialect. & more specifically the three clans known for their poets are dhulbahante, Ogaden and Isaaq.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Mudug accent is what written Somali is based on. This dialect is not only spoken in Mudug but also in Nugaal, Sool and Wardheer in Ethiopia.
That is the purest form of Somali.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
The purest is northern and even more specifically hawd. Isaaq, ogadeen and dhulos are the greatest somali linguists. :lol:. Anyone who denies doesn't know history like kowdhe, basing the standard on the r in iri and gaari:cryinglaughsmiley:

Hubble

VIP
The purest is northern and even more specifically hawd. Isaaq, ogadeen and dhulos are the greatest somali linguists. :lol:. Anyone who denies doesn't know history like kowdhe, basing the standard on the r in iri and gaari:cryinglaughsmiley:

Gaari is used in India too and guess what? It's not called 'Gaadhi' there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts