Where would you rank your parents in the West from a Fob -> Assimilated scale.

Where would you rank your parents.

• Fob

Votes: 4 10.5%

Votes: 3 7.9%

Votes: 15 39.5%

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Assimilated

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
somewhere where their english is not great but still culturally aware enough to not let their kids get up to anything because they knew everything that goes on, all the current trends with kids, what goes on where, and general pop culture.

Qali

Certified Pimp.
My Dad hates gaalos with a passion, and my hoyo is less strict and nonchalant, both of their English suck but thank God for that

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
I don’t know what you are trying to do but I view “assimilated” way worse than being a fob.

a fob is an original who embodies culture and tradition. I do not know why you decided to paint it as negative you pathetic coon.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
My parents are no where near assimilated. But they’re not fobs either, they know fully well the culture and values of this society but choose not to conform. My dad speaks english fluently with a heavy accent and my mom conversational english with a few mistake.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I'd say 3 for both my parents. Their English kind of sucks but they're generally aware of the culture around them.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Hooyo and aboo both hates the gays and gaalos their language abilites are barely understandable and they understand the system well enough

Joliemademoiselle

A pious muslima.
As proud Somalis, my parents didn't need to assimilate and weren't fob either. They had prestigious jobs, could speak 4 languages and are Muslims so it's the west who needs to assimilate.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
A cement 3. They are in between acknowledged with the Somali culture

Trending