Where were your parents on the day the civil war started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
My mom and dad were home at the time the serious explosion started. We lived in Yaqshid, which was close to the entrance to Mogadishu from Balad.

This meant that my parents were the first group of people to have an inkling of the approaching calamity.

The rebels of the USC first infiltrated the capital and they stored weaponry in trusted homes.

The initial explosion took place one faithful day, to signal that everyone should grab their stashed weapon.

The next day ragtag young men with macawiis stood at almost every street and every intersection. The insurrection was in full force.

The elite government people, with their family ( usually all Daroods, they were collectively hated and blamed at the time) clustered around an area on each district for mutual protection. They abandoned their homes. The predator became the hunted.

When fighting reached unbearable stature these Daroods seen what was written on the wall as Siad Barre was crumbling and they had intelligence that the old man will breakout of the entrapment ( he was trapped the last week of the fighting and had used the beach to getaway ) so they all exited the capital and they gathered in Afgoi.

Then the USC (Hawiye) came hinting for them and the Daroods ran to Kidmaayo. Here is where the Daaroods regrouped and collected all their weapons. They then staged a spirited karbashing of the USC which bushed the USC all the way back to Afgoye.

This is where the the disaster happened, the disaster that broke the Daroods unrelenting thirst for power. This episode happened because MJ realized that this coalition of Daaroods are about to retake the capital and the seat of power and this meant that their arch enemy, Siad Barre, will be restored. At this moment of great betrayal the MJ guarding the outer flanks at Afgoye quietly withdrew and this allowed the USC, led by the brilliant General Caydiid, to come behind them which put a great horror on the Darood and which made them lose command and control. Here, a lot of major Generals of the Daarood died. This is where really Siad's last great stand took place. This is where Siad cursed the Somali nation to half century of disarray ( we still got 25 yo go ). The curse still is on the Somali nation.
Naw you got your story a little mixed up yes it is true mj originally sided with hutus but they weren't alone big foot did two.
Weren't the cause of the back stabbing spm at the beginning were already with usc thats including the harti and the ogaden factions ogaden especially were very pro hutu my mom was in afgoye for few months after leaving xamar before hutus started moving south she went back to xamar a little less than a month the darod people she seen in the city was bunch of big foot dancing around talking shit. She went back down to afgoye was there for a week before hutus came attacking she left for mareerey while hutus and ogaden were working together something happened hutus turned on big foot and started killing them all the way to jilib my mom seen all the ogaden milltia dead bodies scattered around near jilib where the ogaden and hutus fought morgan men the harti faction were seating in kismayo at that time and had nothing to do with back stabbing ogaden it wasn't until the capture of kismayo when darod banded together and pushed back hutus all the way near xamar that ogaden back stabbed thinking siyaad barre was gonna come back in power:francis:

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Naw you got your story a little mixed up yes it is true mj originally sided with hutus but they weren't alone big foot did two.
Weren't the cause of the back stabbing spm at the beginning were already with usc thats including the harti and the ogaden factions ogaden especially were very pro hutu my mom was in afgoye for few months after leaving xamar before hutus started moving south she went back to xamar a little less than a month the darod people she seen in the city was bunch of big foot dancing around talking shit. She went back down to afgoye was there for a week before hutus came attacking she left for mareerey while hutus and ogaden were working together something happened hutus turned on big foot and started killing them all the way to jilib my mom seen all the ogaden milltia dead bodies scattered around near jilib where the ogaden and hutus fought morgan men the harti faction were seating in kismayo at that time and had nothing to do with back stabbing ogaden it wasn't until the capture of kismayo when darod banded together and pushed back hutus all the way near xamar that ogaden back stabbed thinking siyaad barre was gonna come back in power:francis:

Who's this "big foot" you speak of..

Anyways...listen...let's not get very micro analytic on this non-important Somali tragedy, it ain't like the fucking siege of Stalingrad ( if you want to be mesmerized and shocked at mankind's ability of warfare you must watch a documentary on the siege of Stalingrad and Leningrad )

Long story short I am assuming that you are attempting to blame Omar Jees?

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
Who's this "big foot" you speak of..

Anyways...listen...let's not get very micro analytic on this non-important Somali tragedy, it ain't like the fucking siege of Stalingrad ( if you want to be mesmerized and shocked at mankind's ability of warfare you must watch a documentary on the siege of Stalingrad and Leningrad )

Long story short I am assuming that you are attempting to blame Omar Jees?
Attempting?:stopit:The fakkit condom called omar jess is the reason alot darod got killed:stopit:

My mother was in Stockholm by then, and my dad being an ex Navy admiral was a civilian contractor in command of a cargo ship in UAE. My grandmother, uncles and I were in Kenya.

Q

Queen Carawelo

My dad was on a business trip in Italy when the war broke. My mom and the rest of our family were at home in casabalbalare neighborhood.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
My mother was in Stockholm by then, and my dad being an ex Navy admiral was a civilian contractor in command of a cargo ship in UAE. My grandmother, uncles and I were in Kenya.

Hold up :dwill::kanyehmm::ohhh::ohhh: dude ! This means you can never sey foot in Etniopia! Hayaaay!

My mom was 7 months pregnant with me and she was in kismayo at the time and my dad was in Hamar. He left immediately after the war begun but couldn't go south so he went North to Djbouti. My mom gave birth while fleeing and we left all of Somalia a year after that.

My folks were maskiin niggaz chilling in miyiga chasing after some laxo and some goats
All you people seen to be from privileged families

:francis:

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
Regardless if our families were present in Mogadishu during the beginning of the civil war or not, it was a tragedy for all of us. Many of us have told our stories. There is one person, however, whose story has not yet been told. I am honored to share the story of SiennaEarth's parents on that fateful day.

The explosions occurred right after Malabey Munye, Sienna's mother, sold her last shushumo of the day in her neighborhood of Shangani. When she ran home, a short distance from her sambus and sweets stand, she encountered her family boarding onto a minibus. Spotting her from one of the windows of the bus, her father gestured for her to get in. After traveling a few kilometers south, the minibus was stopped by seven young men armed with Kalashnikovs. They told everyone on the bus to get out and stripped them all of their valuables, even the womens' earrings. One of the young men, later known to be Liban Hussein Ali, grabbed Malabey by the arm and pulled her away to a house near the illegal checkpoint. Malabey's father, Aweis Munye, a prominent shoemaker, attempted to stop Liban but was subsequently hit in the head with the butt of the rusted AK-47 by one of the other men. They were later ushered back into the minibus and disappeared into the sunset.

In the house, a terrified Malabey trembled in a corner of the room. "Baba!," she cried out. Liban grabbed her and told her to stop crying but to no avail. The following week, they departed for the barren desert of Galgaduud. During their second night in Cadaado, Liban told her that she was now his wife and she belonged to him. Two months later, Liban, accompanied by a now pregnant Malabey, returned to Mogadishu and boarded a flight to London Heathrow, one of the last commercial flights out of Somalia. In October of that year, their eldest daughter was born in a hospital in South London. Since then, she's given birth to four more daughters. The family have been living in the same Stockwell flat since their arrival in the UK. Malabey hasn't seen her family since that fateful day in January 1991. She hopes to find them one day.

My dad was studying in China me and hooyo were at my ayaayos house in black sea we came to uk in 91 some of family stayed in mogadishu

All this hawiye hatred is Fucked up :snoop:people died and every tribe had a hand in what happened I'm hawiye and some of my family members were killed during the war

waraabe

Your superior
My father was in the gulf, my mother was in hargeisa. then afwayne started bombing the city with white russian fighters pilots. Family escaped to Ethiopia then came back 2 years later when SNM cleaned the area

waraabe

Your superior
Regardless if our families were present in Mogadishu during the beginning of the civil war or not, it was a tragedy for all of us. Many of us have told our stories. There is one person, however, whose story has not yet been told. I am honored to share the story of SiennaEarth's parents on that fateful day.

The explosions occurred right after Malabey Munye, Sienna's mother, sold her last shushumo of the day in her neighborhood of Shangani. When she ran home, a short distance from her sambus and sweets stand, she encountered her family boarding onto a minibus. Spotting her from one of the windows of the bus, her father gestured for her to get in. After traveling a few kilometers south, the minibus was stopped by seven young men armed with Kalashnikovs. They told everyone on the bus to get out and stripped them all of their valuables, even the womens' earrings. One of the young men, later known to be Liban Hussein Ali, grabbed Malabey by the arm and pulled her away to a house near the illegal checkpoint. Malabey's father, Aweis Munye, a prominent shoemaker, attempted to stop Liban but was subsequently hit in the head with the butt of the rusted AK-47 by one of the other men. They were later ushered back into the minibus and disappeared into the sunset.

In the house, a terrified Malabey trembled in a corner of the room. "Baba!," she cried out. Liban grabbed her and told her to stop crying but to no avail. The following week, they departed for the barren desert of Galgaduud. During their second night in Cadaado, Liban told her that she was now his wife and she belonged to him. Two months later, Liban, accompanied by a now pregnant Malabey, returned to Mogadishu and boarded a flight to London Heathrow, one of the last commercial flights out of Somalia. In October of that year, their eldest daughter was born in a hospital in South London. Since then, she's given birth to four more daughters. The family have been living in the same Stockwell flat since their arrival in the UK. Malabey hasn't seen her family since that fateful day in January 1991. She hopes to find them one day.

:dead::dead1::deadmanny::deadrose::drakelaugh::drakegrin::hahaidiot::ohdamn::ohhh::ohhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending