Where were your parents on the day the civil war started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
My mother was visiting a friend's house in her neighborhood of Medina when all of a sudden shots and artillery were heard throughout the city. When she went outside, people was running in every direction. Alhamdulillah, my whole family is safe and sound and none of us were unfortunate enough to experience the horrors that many others had to go through. My father on the other hand was paying for buses to take people from Mogadishu to Kismayo and even beyond that to the Kenyan border. He saved many innocent people from getting slaughtered Alhamdulillah.

Where were your parents and what were they doing when the first shots were fired in January 1991? If you are an older person, where were you?

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
My nikka my parents lived in medina:gladbron:They left a week before siyaad barre left the city my mom was raised by her habyar who is merahan so when they were leaving they warned us to leave two my granpa and his kids and my grandma stayed in xamar:ohhh:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
My dad was already studying abroad in the early 80s and never returned. My mum joined him in December 1984. We watched the first shots fired on TV.

HalyeeyQaran

You Dhulbahante my nigga? My grandparents owned 7 mansions in Mogadishu with the main one in Mogadishu. It was huge, Dhulbahante people from all over, even Hawd came to stay there when they came to Mogadishu. My family probably knows your family. If you don't mind, what's your dad's subclan?

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
You Dhulbahante my nigga? My grandparents owned 7 mansions in Mogadishu with the main one in Mogadishu. It was huge, Dhulbahante people from all over, even Hawd came to stay there when they came to Mogadishu. My family probably knows your family. If you don't mind, what's your dad's subclan?
Ugaaryahan sub clan called wacays abduli Where the folks who own holhol:mjswag:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
When did the civil war technically start? Jan 26 1991? Most of my family had left Mogadishu by that point.

Have you been able to get any of them back?

HalyeeyQaran

Ugaaryahan sub clan called wacays abduli Where the folks who own holhol:mjswag:

Oh ok bro, my ayeeyo probably knows your family if they lived in Medina. She's Naleye Ahmed, Reer Elmi.

When did the civil war technically start? Jan 26 1991? Most of my family had left Mogadishu by that point. Have you been able to get any of them back?

Yeah, they're in our hands. One of my uncles (the father of my mother's late sister's daughter) is in charge of them since he's in Mogadishu. My mother wants to sell them but she hasn't come to a conclusion with her siblings since they are not all in the same city/country.

Both my parents were in London, I didn't remember what happened until my family came over. I am Dhulbahante, my mother's cousins are HG the others were Issaq HJ. HG killed my uncle and his friend, everyone ran to northern Somalia, then HJ killed my other fam. This is why now if you read what I said on the other forum. Now we need to stand up and help each other.

Wallahi hawiye are evil people they litreally caused the war nd burnt somalia to tye ground there should be a ETHNIC CLEANSING of all hawiye

Get rid of them

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
My mom and dad were home at the time the serious explosion started. We lived in Yaqshid, which was close to the entrance to Mogadishu from Balad.

This meant that my parents were the first group of people to have an inkling of the approaching calamity.

The rebels of the USC first infiltrated the capital and they stored weaponry in trusted homes.

The initial explosion took place one faithful day, to signal that everyone should grab their stashed weapon.

The next day ragtag young men with macawiis stood at almost every street and every intersection. The insurrection was in full force.

The elite government people, with their family ( usually all Daroods, they were collectively hated and blamed at the time) clustered around an area on each district for mutual protection. They abandoned their homes. The predator became the hunted.

When fighting reached unbearable stature these Daroods seen what was written on the wall as Siad Barre was crumbling and they had intelligence that the old man will breakout of the entrapment ( he was trapped the last week of the fighting and had used the beach to getaway ) so they all exited the capital and they gathered in Afgoi.

Then the USC (Hawiye) came hinting for them and the Daroods ran to Kidmaayo. Here is where the Daaroods regrouped and collected all their weapons. They then staged a spirited karbashing of the USC which bushed the USC all the way back to Afgoye.

This is where the the disaster happened, the disaster that broke the Daroods unrelenting thirst for power. This episode happened because MJ realized that this coalition of Daaroods are about to retake the capital and the seat of power and this meant that their arch enemy, Siad Barre, will be restored. At this moment of great betrayal the MJ guarding the outer flanks at Afgoye quietly withdrew and this allowed the USC, led by the brilliant General Caydiid, to come behind them which put a great horror on the Darood and which made them lose command and control. Here, a lot of major Generals of the Daarood died. This is where really Siad's last great stand took place. This is where Siad cursed the Somali nation to half century of disarray ( we still got 25 yo go ). The curse still is on the Somali nation.

They were living in the UK already
They just read what little there was about it in the papers.Which wasn't much those days. The rest was by word of mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.