Where were your parents on the day the civil war started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medina, Mogadishu,.The USC rebels were shelling the city with all kind of weapons in weeks especially pro government neighborhoods such as Medina and Hodan. 3 days before Siyad Barre left the capital, my family armed with few weapons fled to Kismayio. When I mean flee I mean without taking anything with you my mother was inside the house when the males in the family came with the cars and guns and she and the females ran into the cars only with their shoes. From Mogadishu to Kismayio the cars had to stop serveral times every time was very life threatening and waiting in the wrong place for few minutes could mean the death But Kismayio city was also too dangerous to stay as the USC was advancing towards it they took a boat to Mombassa in Kenya. Few weeks in Utanga refugee camp and then in Nairobi hotels for few months and heading towards the diaspora life. They say when the cars were driving to leave Mogadishu all kind of people will in panic jump on the cars to flee with them.

We were already established in Dubai way before the civil war. But my good for nothing deadbeat uncle left his wife and kids to fend for themselves in muqdisho while he lived it up in Sweden with his other wife. My father worked hard over the years and finally made enough money to sneak them to Yemen and from there to Europe. My cuzzos still look up to him till this day for doing what their own father couldn't :sass1:
:mjsuitcry:

Hubble

VIP
We were multi millionaires living in Brunei by then. I couldn't even see the first shots fired on TV because Saddam Hussein was hosting us his luxury tent and he kept standing in front of the single use gold T.V. so none of us would be scarred by those handsome auto Soomaal people killing each other. I asked about it a few years later and George Bush Snr who was a great friend of my step aunt who is a senior diplomat showed us images of Jerry beating Tom and running into his mouse hole and he said 'you're the mouse, you got a few good innings in and got away in time'. True story.

We were multi millionaires living in Brunei by then. I couldn't even see the first shots fired on TV because Saddam Hussein was hosting us his luxury tent and he kept standing in front of the single use gold T.V. so none of us would be scarred by those handsome auto Soomaal people killing each other. I asked about it a few years later and George Bush Snr who was a great friend of my step aunt who is a senior diplomat showed us images of Jerry beating Tom and running into his mouse hole and he said 'you're the mouse, you got a few good innings in and got away in time'. True story.
:sheed:

Best story yet, i spit my shah

Kinda late but my Dad lived in Kuwait in 68 so, I don't know much about the civil war but as far as I know haven't heard of Warsangeli participating

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
Kinda late but my Dad lived in Kuwait in 68 so, I don't know much about the civil war but as far as I know haven't heard of Warsangeli participating
They weren't participating but usc killed any warsangeli they can find also you folks probably worked for morgan since it was harti coalition:mjdontkno:

McD30

Bored to death
:deadosama:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
We lived in Huriwaa, not gonna lie there was no way we were gonna flee, that was for the minorities and weak people. I have members of my household who were connected to Abdiqaasim Salaad but the USC adopted a policy of neutrality towards all Hawiye members of the regime. It's true that a lot of young Camel boys from Gelinsoor and Baxdo in central Somalia overran the town and manned the checkpoints leading in and out of the town. My aunt was once stopped by a Mooryaan who turned out to be from our own jilib, funny ass shit.

Regardless if our families were present in Mogadishu during the beginning of the civil war or not, it was a tragedy for all of us. Many of us have told our stories. There is one person, however, whose story has not yet been told. I am honored to share the story of SiennaEarth's parents on that fateful day.

The explosions occurred right after Malabey Munye, Sienna's mother, sold her last shushumo of the day in her neighborhood of Shangani. When she ran home, a short distance from her sambus and sweets stand, she encountered her family boarding onto a minibus. Spotting her from one of the windows of the bus, her father gestured for her to get in. After traveling a few kilometers south, the minibus was stopped by seven young men armed with Kalashnikovs. They told everyone on the bus to get out and stripped them all of their valuables, even the womens' earrings. One of the young men, later known to be Liban Hussein Ali, grabbed Malabey by the arm and pulled her away to a house near the illegal checkpoint. Malabey's father, Aweis Munye, a prominent shoemaker, attempted to stop Liban but was subsequently hit in the head with the butt of the rusted AK-47 by one of the other men. They were later ushered back into the minibus and disappeared into the sunset.

In the house, a terrified Malabey trembled in a corner of the room. "Baba!," she cried out. Liban grabbed her and told her to stop crying but to no avail. The following week, they departed for the barren desert of Galgaduud. During their second night in Cadaado, Liban told her that she was now his wife and she belonged to him. Two months later, Liban, accompanied by a now pregnant Malabey, returned to Mogadishu and boarded a flight to London Heathrow, one of the last commercial flights out of Somalia. In October of that year, their eldest daughter was born in a hospital in South London. Since then, she's given birth to four more daughters. The family have been living in the same Stockwell flat since their arrival in the UK. Malabey hasn't seen her family since that fateful day in January 1991. She hopes to find them one day.
:draketf::jcoleno::meleshame::trash:
Disgusting, how are the people able to tolerate this f*ck, using tragedy as entertainment. I hope you get explosive diarrhea.

my family was in Xamar on the night the war started. my uncles and aunts and all their families were crowded into my father house. at dawn we hoof it to afgoyee where my uncles lorry truck evacuated us to Kismayo from there we fled to Nairobe and finally arrive in the west. i have been a refugees ever since.

I'm honestly glad the civil war happened because my Parents married in Sweden. I wouldn't be alive if Somalia wasn't a failed state so :zhqjlmx:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending