Where in Somalia

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Is the best place to live off-grid? Somewhere about an hour away from a town with access to normal amenities and necessities (being able to order shit internationally would be a massive plus). By the coast and a stable water supply ,rain is a great plus too.

right now all I can think of is Kismayo but apparently that place is frequently hit by qarxis every minute so it's back on the list with the infamous Mog.

Hobyo is dry but its got nice beatches (geddit?)

Can't even entertain anything above hobyo on the coast because they're all fucking dry. Apparently bosaaso rarely ever gets rain and the most entertaining thing to do there is kick rocks and pick dust out of your toes with a qori cadey. Same goes for Berbera according to climate records.

Cerigaabo looks nice but it's not by the coast

Honestly the only decent place I can think of is Kismayo but that place is plagued with problems.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Come on someone must share the same dream as me

@Kanini @Saredo @Jiron come on guys I'm pretty you guys have talked about stuff like this too. We could all be solar buddy's with our own "solar system" :icon lol:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Literally any somali city besides hargeisa and Mogadishu is off grid.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Literally any somali city besides hargeisa and Mogadishu is off grid.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and ask have you ever been to Somalia at all?
That sounds like the dream. Honestly have no idea what city would be the best but I hope you find out. :nvjpqts:
Still holding onto Kismayo

Perfect weather, multiple water sources, by the coast and it's busy enough you can source whatever you want inside the city. Only problem is safety and security which I'll have to wait out.

Perfect weather, multiple water sources, by the coast and it's busy enough you can source whatever you want inside the city. Only problem is safety and security which I'll have to wait out.
He was born in the north

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

I was born in somalia and have been in somalia for many visits (though mostly SL, I've only been to xamar as a very young child).

Even a large city like Laascaanood is off the grid, no one will ever find you there. You can settle near the mountains too in the far suburbs if you want.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
I was born in somalia and have been in somalia for many visits (though mostly SL, I've only been to xamar as a very young child).

Even a large city like Laascaanood is off the grid, no one will ever find you there. You can settle near the mountains too in the far suburbs if you want.
I was literally connected to a power grid (albeit with shoddy electricity) while I was in Borama. That's pretty far from off the grid in a lot of ways.

I'm talking about self sufficiency shit like relying on solar